Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Since you asked and understand that he is someone who played out of position much of the season which caused him to handle the ball a lot:

In 959 minutes, Bell was .436 FG (3rd best among non-forwards) and 77 TOs which is second most to Beverly at 81. However, his 77 TOs and 959 minutes played should be compared to our actual point guard at 46 TOs in 356 minutes played. One should also consider Bell's 3pt% at .310 compared to Beverley's .236 and Cortes' .229.

The choice is yours.
    I suppose I'd take a heart attack over cancer

Comment

• I mentioned before I have friends in the Tulsa area - Have gotten a few notes sent to me about there being Oklahoma State fans who would really like Mills after Boynton's firing earlier today. Doesn't seem likely to happen, but I would guess some will throw his name out there for that job.

Comment

• No chance

Comment

• We can get a batter ead on Mills next year when (hopefully) there are significant roster changes. Coming out of halftime flat and getting destroyed in second halves APPEARS to be the fault of the coachng staff.

If that happens again with roster changes, then it's on Mills.

If that doesn't happen with different players, then it was either a problem with this year's roster or Mills changed his half-time approach. Either one would be on the plus side for Mills.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Too stupid to get the link - but mentioned as one of many candidates in an article from the Oklahoman.

As I said it seems unlikely for a ton of reasons. I do think it’s interesting that many okie little fans seem quite a bit more excited about him than many of posters here were.

I see some of several of their fans posting about him on twitter, as well.

Comment

• Bell is like a "utility infielder". Those guys never start, unless a starter is injured. They tend to be "adequate" at several positions. They're useful for resting a starter from time to time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                We can get a batter ead on Mills next year when (hopefully) there are significant roster changes. Coming out of halftime flat and getting destroyed in second halves APPEARS to be the fault of the coachng staff.

If that happens again with roster changes, then it's on Mills.

If that doesn't happen with different players, then it was either a problem with this year's roster or Mills changed his halftime approach. Either one would be on the plus side for Mills.
                I understand what him changing this year’s roster would be, but, Just what do you mean by Mills changing his halftime approach? Tell us what that strategy change would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I understand what him changing this year’s roster would be, but, Just what do you mean by Mills changing his halftime approach? Tell us what that strategy change would be.
                  Pretty simple. He figures out that what he's doing now isn't working and changes his half-time approach.

If you're asking me what he should say and what adjustments he should make, then I would be worth more than the million+ they're paying Mills, and I'm not.

Comment

Pretty simple. He figures out that what he's doing now isn't working and changes his half-time approach.

If you're asking me what he should say and what adjustments he should make, then I would be worth more than the million+ they're paying Mills, and I'm not.
                    Ok. From what you claimed, it sounded like you knew what you were talking about. But you said nothing. I don’t mind criticism of Mills, but Then give us some real basketball knowledge. Not just he should do something different. Tell us, What should he do different ?

Comment

• Do whatever he did today. We came out of half on fire until our legs gave out

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Do whatever he did today. We came out of half on fire until our legs gave out
                        Yup! Bottle it!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Do whatever he did today. We came out of half on fire until our legs gave out
                          We effectively beat a minor league team with amateurs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

We effectively beat a minor league team with amateurs.
                            I was going to say we beat a prison squad team with amateurs but yours works too

Comment

Bell is like a "utility infielder". Those guys never start, unless a starter is injured. They tend to be "adequate" at several positions. They're useful for resting a starter from time to time.
                              xavier bell is a tough dude. i'd want him on my side. like against memphis or temple

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

xavier bell is a tough dude. i'd want him on my side. like against memphis or temple
                                I don't know but if I am the captain of a team cage match in the octagon, I'm selecting DeGray first!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X