Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Jay Golden was a doozie; didn’t he promote Boatlift?
    He was more Evil than dumb.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Long time lurker here but I’m sick of the HCPM slander. You do realize that most of this team is transfers from lower level leagues right? All of these players had to be convinced to come here in a short amount of time from a brand new coach. Also if you think that it only takes one season to turn this program around your have the IQ of a goldfish. The athletic department has zero money thanks to the Marshall buyout along with the IB firing. We are flat broke and can’t bring in players good enough to win games at the AAC level because of that. It takes time to build a culture and convince players this is the right place for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kberre0673 View Post
        Long time lurker here but I’m sick of the HCPM slander. You do realize that most of this team is transfers from lower level leagues right? All of these players had to be convinced to come here in a short amount of time from a brand new coach. Also if you think that it only takes one season to turn this program around your have the IQ of a goldfish. The athletic department has zero money thanks to the Marshall buyout along with the IB firing. We are flat broke and can’t bring in players good enough to win games at the AAC level because of that. It takes time to build a culture and convince players this is the right place for them.
        I won't address all this, but just a few things:

1. Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

2. The athletic department does not pay players.

The rest of your thoughts have been handily rebuked throughout this and other topics. Lurk better.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

I won't address all this, but just a few things:

1. Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

2. The athletic department does not pay players.

The rest of your thoughts have been handily rebuked throughout this and other topics. Lurk better.
          My point is this we have zero NIL and a program that needs to be rebuilt you can’t expect a coach to come in one season and turn the ship around.

Comment

Long time lurker here but I’m sick of the HCPM slander. You do realize that most of this team is transfers from lower level leagues right? All of these players had to be convinced to come here in a short amount of time from a brand new coach. Also if you think that it only takes one season to turn this program around your have the IQ of a goldfish. The athletic department has zero money thanks to the Marshall buyout along with the IB firing. We are flat broke and can’t bring in players good enough to win games at the AAC level because of that. It takes time to build a culture and convince players this is the right place for them.
            Mrs. Mills; Oklahoma, Missouri, and Miami are not in lower level leagues

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Mrs. Mills; Oklahoma, Missouri, and Miami are not in lower level leagues
              Good point, but Siena, Drexel and Missouri State are.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Mills didn’t bring in Drexel or Sienna, although they happen to be 2 of our better players.

Comment

My point is this we have zero NIL and a program that needs to be rebuilt you can’t expect a coach to come in one season and turn the ship around.
                  Have you looked at the league standings? Does 0-5 ring a bell?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Have you looked at the league standings? Does 0-5 ring a bell?
                    or Maybe ... who won the league? Coach of the Year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Mills didn’t bring in Drexel or Sienna, although they happen to be 2 of our better players.
                      And Frankly the one from Missouri State was too.

Comment

Prayers for you, as you will now be attacked for daring to defend HCPM. Watch out, the rabid wolves are on their way.

Comment

Also if you think that it only takes one season to turn this program around your have the IQ of a goldfish.
                          Can it be done in one year? Yes. But that's an extraordinary accomplishment. It definitely still takes multiple years for most coaches to turn a program around.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I didn't expect 12th place either. I do expect very noticeable improvement next year.

Comment

• Arkansas State
                              Charlotte
                              George Mason
                              High Point
                              South Florida
                              Utah State
                              VCU
                              Western Kentucky

Not a full list because I got bored but those are all first year head coaches who have a better KenPom than us. SIU just fired Bryan Mullins in his 5th year, their KenPom is 40 spots better than us.

Ironically, I like the Mills hire more than I did when it was first announced but that doesn’t mean he gets a pass for this season. Plenty of other coaches are able to put out a winning team on the court immediately.

Comment

• I hope Mills is wildly successful. My concern is that he’s not a recruiter. I hope i’m wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X