Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    The PM haters have pretty much gone over the edge with non-stop criticism of everything he does.

If you support the Shox and there's no choice in changing coaches for another couple of years, then you may as well support the coach. Hating on him makes you look like you'd rather support some other school. Try KU. They seem to get good recruits without really trying. Gee, I wonder why?

You can help him with his recruiting. Make a nice 6-figure donation to NIL so it's POSSIBLE for him to recruit good players. He was recruiting with virtually no NIL support last year and it isn't looking much better this year. If you've got $5 in your pocket you're not going to Chester's for the surf and turf, you're going to McDonalds for a cheeseburger.

But, but, but...other first-year coaches...Other first-year coaches didn't have the dregs of a Boatright AD department run into the dirt with nothing done to address NIL. You don't get players looking to move up without NIL. You get bench warmers looking for a place that will let them keep playing another year.

PAUL. MILLS. IS. WSU's. COACH. No matter how much you hate him that's the cold hard fact and will be for several years. Trying to turn WSU fans into PM haters is one of the dumbest things a WSU fan would or could ever do.

Getting commits BEFORE the NJCAA tourney is over would not be a good idea.

Wanting the coach to go public with every recruit he wants to get is one of the dumbest ideas EVER. There is no better way to turn an under recruited player into a highly recruited player. Think in terms of the NBA where a common attitude is "we don;'t need him, but they do, so let's get him so they can't have him".
    Lol excuse train is EXTRA strong here man. This is a comical post.

Then throwing out that someone that doesn't blindly make excuses for failure should go be a KU fan?

It's not trying to turn people against him, it's asking people to live in reality. Stop making excuses and acting like the results we see are ok because of xyz excuse. I don't give two shits who the coach is. I have nothing against any of them personally. No one on here should care about that. What they should care about is results. Results are the only thing that will keep Mills the coach.

I already put my money where my mouth is on results. If I'm wrong, I'll own up to my bet. I still challenge anyone constantly making excuses to make the same bet in reverse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I didnt say that... You did... When you made up insane excuses why he couldn't do his job last year. So you must be reading his mind
      You are exactly like my now deceased brother. Twist words and turn things for the sake of continuing an argument until the other person just quits responding for the sake of others on the forum. That's a win in your eyes.

OUT!

Comment

• Gonna be a LONG offseason LMAO.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Then throwing out that someone that doesn't blindly make excuses for failure should go be a KU fan?

It's not trying to turn people against him, it's asking people to live in reality. Stop making excuses and acting like the results we see are ok because of xyz excuse. I don't give two shits who the coach is. I have nothing against any of them personally. No one on here should care about that. What they should care about is results. Results are the only thing that will keep Mills the coach.

I already put my money where my mouth is on results. If I'm wrong, I'll own up to my bet. I still challenge anyone constantly making excuses to make the same bet in reverse.
          Nancy, Just admit you were IB guy and where butt-hurt with his firing and you were going to hate whoever came next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The PM haters have pretty much gone over the edge with non-stop criticism of everything he does.

If you support the Shox and there's no choice in changing coaches for another couple of years, then you may as well support the coach. Hating on him makes you look like you'd rather support some other school. Try KU. They seem to get good recruits without really trying. Gee, I wonder why?

You can help him with his recruiting. Make a nice 6-figure donation to NIL so it's POSSIBLE for him to recruit good players. He was recruiting with virtually no NIL support last year and it isn't looking much better this year. If you've got $5 in your pocket you're not going to Chester's for the surf and turf, you're going to McDonalds for a cheeseburger.

But, but, but...other first-year coaches...Other first-year coaches didn't have the dregs of a Boatright AD department run into the dirt with nothing done to address NIL. You don't get players looking to move up without NIL. You get bench warmers looking for a place that will let them keep playing another year.

PAUL. MILLS. IS. WSU's. COACH. No matter how much you hate him that's the cold hard fact and will be for several years. Trying to turn WSU fans into PM haters is one of the dumbest things a WSU fan would or could ever do.

Getting commits BEFORE the NJCAA tourney is over would not be a good idea.

Wanting the coach to go public with every recruit he wants to get is one of the dumbest ideas EVER. There is no better way to turn an under recruited player into a highly recruited player. Think in terms of the NBA where a common attitude is "we don;'t need him, but they do, so let's get him so they can't have him".
            This is the difference between those like you and some of the others. You seem to think in order to support the program you must only see the good and not point out the bad at all. You seem to think that supporting the program means you're required to dig up any and every lame excuse out there to give us a reason for being a shitty team, but at the same time it's okay that we were shitty.

Others support the program and still call out **** play or **** coaching or whatever because they give a **** about the program and want it to be good. But you and others think that any criticism means we hate the program or some other nonsensical bullshit.

I've always had high expectations for the program as a whole. I had low expectations for it this season, and we didn't even meet those. And I had some of the lowest expectations on the board.

Wins and losses matter. How we play matters. How coaches coach matter. We don't have to make shitty excuses when they fail to support the program. Hell, making excuses and accepting below average results will only hurt the program as it ends up lowering expectations as a whole. Some of you may be fine with that. Some of you obviously are.

Mills has to turn things around this coming season or he's going to lose even more of the fan base. Some of you Shocker Faithful types will ride or die with him no matter how bad things get, but many who really support the program and want it to succeed and be elevated won't. He will and should be held accountable if next year is just as bad as this one.

Pointing out flaws and weaknesses isn't a bad thing. Making excuses for them does much more harm than pointing them out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want him to be successful because that's what's best for the program. But we can't wish that **** into existence. He has to produce or be shown the door. He has two more years to get it done, but if next year is another shitty season, his seat will definitely be hot going into year 3 and it should be. The product we saw on the court this year was not good at all.

Also, the "haters" going over the top as you put it is pretty much in direct response to seeing the nonstop excuses from some posters on here who seem to think Mills shouldn't be held accountable for a single damn thing.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              SN Mens BB board in the offseason:

Since when has that been limited to the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Nancy, Just admit you were IB guy and where butt-hurt with his firing and you were going to hate whoever came next.
                Why does IB always come up? I was literally the person that posted the thread when he was fired because I was excited we must have had a home run coach lined up.

I don't care about IB, he wasn't the answer. But there are definitely many of the Mills defenders that hated IB so much that they can't stomach the fact that maybe Mills isn't even better than IB. There are definitely a lot of "anybody but IB" fans.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  Gonna be a LONG offseason LMAO.
                  Well let's hope not. If Mills is able to land a couple good transfers... It won't be. If he recruits at the same level as last year... Then yes it will be

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    SN Mens BB board in the offseason:

Comment

• I have to apologize for my argument with stick. I just feel if you support the shox you shouldn't be slamming the new coach publicly. If you think recruits don't check out SN while being recruited, I believe your wrong. How much interest would you have in a program who is recruiting you, and see all the negativity on the coach?
                      I guess I'd rather just give a positive view until a time that, it would actually make a difference to be negative. And that time will come if Mills does not succeed after a couple years at the helm. But for now I will support shocker hoops and coach mills.

Comment

• Moved most recent portions of HCPM discussion to this thread
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                          I have to apologize for my argument with stick. I just feel if you support the shox you shouldn't be slamming the new coach publicly. If you think recruits don't check out SN while being recruited, I believe your wrong. How much interest would you have in a program who is recruiting you, and see all the negativity on the coach?
                          I guess I'd rather just give a positive view until a time that, it would actually make a difference to be negative. And that time will come if Mills does not succeed after a couple years at the helm. But for now I will support shocker hoops and coach mills.
                          We both support them... We just have different viewpoints of what the support should be.

Comment

Not having an NIL war chest IS NOT AN EXCUSE. It is a REASON. You wanna know why we got Mills? He was all we could afford. Wanna know why he recruited bench warmers? That's all our NIL could afford. Any reason that doesn't agree with you narrative is immediately labeled as an excuse. That way you can ignore any disagreement or criticism of your incredibly biased viewpoint.

You have absolutely no idea what obstacles Mills may have faced in recruiting last year, although it's pretty common knowledge that WSU wasn't going to be winning ANY NIL bidding wars. Without any actual knowledge of the situation, you constantly refer to his results as his failure to do his responsibilities as our coach.

That's like putting a shooter through shooting drills and he comes up with miserable results. Then someone points out that he had one hand tied to a chair and a 20-pound weight attached to his right ankle. Your reaction would still be, but he didn't make 20% of his shots. He is a miserable failure as a shooter.

You don't know what obstacles Mills faced, but you still call him a loser. Until you know some facts of the situation he faced it's time for you to shut your damned mouth. That will never happen because another of your posting habits is that you always have to have the last word. Having the last word is often the sign of a narcissist, adn an credibly immature one at that.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well let's hope not. If Mills is able to land a couple good transfers... It won't be. If he recruits at the same level as last year... Then yes it will be
                              Maybe. We will see what happens, but I have a feeling they won't be good enough for some. Not necissarily saying you specifically, but some. And others will anoint them as the next coming without seeing them play.

Just going to be a LONG offseason cause results can't change until next season gets underway.

Until then....I am going to do my best to be Switzerland. Lol
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Maybe. We will see what happens, but I have a feeling they won't be good enough for some. Not necissarily saying you specifically, but some. And others will anoint them as the next coming without seeing them play.

Just going to be a LONG offseason cause results can't change until next season gets underway.

Until then....I am going to do my best to be Switzerland. Lol
                                Can't wait to see how many zero stars that are the "next Ron Bakers" we land

Comment

Working...
                                X