No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m still choosing to be patient, something I was beginning to waver on until earlier this week when it was pointed out how close we were to 18-9. We need to be at least 20 wins next year.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      I’m still choosing to be patient, something I was beginning to waver on until earlier this week when it was pointed out how close we were to 18-9. We need to be at least 20 wins next year.
      If we get to 20 wins next year.. It will only be the 2nd time Mills has ever done that in what will be 8 years next year as a head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If we get to 20 wins next year.. It will only be the 2nd time Mills has ever done that in what will be 8 years next year as a head coach
        Let’s not forget where he was. When ORU got 30 wins last year, it was only the 16th time in school history they finished with 20 or more wins, and the first time in over 10 years. In fact, he did better there than Bill Self did.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Let’s not forget where he was. When ORU got 30 wins last year, it was only the 16th time in school history they finished with 20 or more wins, and the first time in over 10 years. In fact, he did better there than Bill Self did.
          It's also way easier to get a bunch of wins in the summit league than in the AAC. Self was only there 4 years and had 21 wins by year 4. Took Mills 6 years to break the 20 win barrier

I'm just saying I wouldn't bet money on 20 wins because there isn't a lot of reason based on Mills history to think it's likely.

In all reality 16-17 D1 wins would be a good step in the right way as long as he's able to build a good core next year then keep it for year 3. I have a feeling we will have 3+ non d1 games next year too. Mills 17, 18, 19 and 30 win season all included 3-4 non D1 wins
          Last edited by Stickboy46; February 26, 2024, 12:03 AM.

Comment

It's also way easier to get a bunch of wins in the summit league than in the AAC. Self was only there 4 years and had 21 wins by year 4. Took Mills 6 years to break the 20 win barrier

I'm just saying I wouldn't bet money on 20 wins because there isn't a lot of reason based on Mills history to think it's likely.

In all reality 16-17 D1 wins would be a good step in the right way as long as he's able to build a good core next year then keep it for year 3. I have a feeling we will have 3+ non d1 games next year too
            I don’t give a rip what league it’s in. Try recruiting players and telling them they will get kicked out of school for masturbating, much less smoking weed or sleeping with their girlfriend.

Comment

I don’t give a rip what league it’s in. Try recruiting players and telling them they will get kicked out of school for masturbating, much less smoking weed or sleeping with their girlfriend.
              Meh. You are stretching here with excuses considering what we are seeing on the floor this year.

Comment

Meh. You are stretching here with excuses considering what we are seeing on the floor this year.
                When did I do that?

edit. Misread the post. personally I think he got a lot of low ball iq players with little athletic ability when he thought he was getting high ball iq players with little athletic ability. Add better IQ to this team and they win 20. I want to see what he can do with a full scout and full recruiting cycle before I throw in the towel.

Comment

When did I do that?

edit. Misread the post. personally I think he got a lot of low ball iq players with little athletic ability when he thought he was getting high ball iq players with little athletic ability. Add better IQ to this team and they win 20. I want to see what he can do with a full scout and full recruiting cycle before I throw in the towel.
                  We've lost 10 games by double digits and 13 by greater than 2 possession (>6 pt loss). It's not like we've been close in these games.

He gets 2 more years. I just wouldn't recommend betting on 20 wins. Definitely don't bet on 20 D1 wins

Comment

• Here’s my issue.

don’t feed us **** and tell it’s all sunshine and rainbows. Don’t tell us that the team’s together on things, because we can tell from one look at Pohto that’s not the case. Be honest, tell us what’s wrong and what’s going to change. Honestly, so sick and tired of it.

The second this season ends, I want to see something REAL from the coach, from Saal. This collapse deserves an explanation.

Comment

When did I do that?

I’m trying to have this attitude but at the same time, I see personnel decisions the Mills is making this year and it makes me extremely pessimistic that he knows what he’s doing. Anyone can read advanced metrics and figure out who should be doing what, but making personnel changes in real time is a different story. We have one of the best centers in the league and look what he’s doing with him.

Comment

• Taylor said we got our first charge of the season. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Taylor said we got our first charge of the season. Crazy.
                          And, going off memory, either only the 2nd or 3rd time we even tried. Meanwhile, we’ve been whistled for charging 10, 15, 20 times?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            Is it crazy to say this programs foreseeable ceiling is middle of the pack AAC? If sure feels like it right now.
                            That's ambitious.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Right now, I'd settle for not losing Williams and/or Pipkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

A month later, is it such a ridiculous thread? LMFAO
                                Honestly, I understand the frustration, as I have it too. And while this will be an unpopular view on SN, I have seen improvement, but its not benn used consistently. Last night was a prime example. 1st half we had players cutting, players making good passes, active defense. 2nd half, they just threw that out the window and went back to dribble, dribble throw it at the rim. I highly doubt that was PMs plan coming out of a successful 1st half.
                                That being said I do fault him for not making mass substitutions to correct the problem, and mass ass chewing. As far as Ballards PT last night, it really is a mystery, but I don't know the details of why he made that choice. Was there a health issue?
                                But I stand by the statement I made a month ago. Question his ability to lead us where we want to be , teetering yes. Call for his head, no.

Comment

Working...
                                X