Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    Mills isn’t even fighting being fired imo, he’s fighting complete fan apathy which will be impossible to recover from
    3 years. Both from a "give him some time" and a financial standpoint. We can't afford to be paying 4 men's basketball coaches

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

MVJ is bullshittin'. Either that or he's starting to drink the BJ-flavored Kool-Aid.

If BJ backups are getting $150k per, then high-major/BCS/Power conference teams are paying their bball backups $500k and $1M for stars. Figuring 3 "stars" per team, that would be an $8M NIL bball budget lol. And we haven't even started with football. Even more amusing would be imagining BJ having a $1.95M NIL bball budget (that's before paying any other players/sports). In their Fox Sports 1 dreams.

MVJ is accurate. Baseline NIL for BJ is $150K + car lease. The stars have their own deals on top of that. BJ NIL is said to be top in BE and top 25 in country.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post

MVJ is accurate. Baseline NIL for BJ is $150K + car lease. The stars have their own deals on top of that. BJ NIL is said to be top in BE and top 25 in country.
        LoL. Not. You're barely top-10 in your own non-power conference.

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

Is BJ still runnin' from playing us? They might have a chance this year...

Comment

• I am concerned about the lack of defensive effort and scheme by this Shocker team. I am beginning to think Coach Mills is not really very focused on that aspect of the game. When your not getting the top tier players you better focus on things you can do with mostly effort and desire.

Coach Mills should dump his CARE ratings and replace that with toughness ratings, broken down between mental toughness and physcial toughness. Coach Smithson had the forumula right Mental Toughness, X-tra Effort. Upgrade that to MTPTXE, Mental Toughness, Physcial Toughness, X-treme Effort or shorten it to XT+E. X-treme Toughness and Effort.

Perhaps things will turn around under Coach Mills but the signs of that are not very visible at this point.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 14, 2024, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• We know he must be given three or four seasons. He knows it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I am concerned about the lack of defensive effort and scheme by this Shocker team. I am beginning to think Coach Mills is not really very focused on that aspect of the game. When your ntot getting the top tier players you better focus on things you can do with mostly effort and desire.

Coach Mills should dump his CARE ratings and replace that with toughness ratings, broken down between mental toughness and physcial toughness. Coach Smithson had the forumula right Mental Toughness, X-tra Effort. Upgrade that to MTPTXE, Mental Toughness, Physcial Toughness, X-treme Effort or shorten it to XT+E. X-treme Toughness and Effort.

Perhaps things will turn around under Coach Mills but the signs of that are very visible at this point.
              Yeah but Smithson had the hosses in spades

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

MVJ is bullshittin'. Either that or he's starting to drink the BJ-flavored Kool-Aid.

If BJ backups are getting $150k per, then high-major/BCS/Power conference teams are paying their bball backups $500k and $1M for stars. Figuring 3 "stars" per team, that would be an $8M NIL bball budget lol. And we haven't even started with football. Even more amusing would be imagining BJ having a $1.95M NIL bball budget (that's before paying any other players/sports). In their Fox Sports 1 dreams.

They did it with corporate money, not individual donors. Here's a major giver and an example of who is building the program. FNBO, they are a major donor to the NIL. They sponsor athletics all over the region. Big donors to Nebraska sports, they are also donors to KU, Colorado, Iowa, Iowa State and others. I'm not sure if they donate to K-State. The Kountz family, who founded the bank, are relatives to the Creighton family, founders of Creighton University. FNBO remains owned by the same family lineagein and is now run by the Lauritzen family. While the Lauritzen's donate and support many schools, many are Creighton alumni and very historically connected. Baxter Auto Group supports with autos. There are about 15 corporate donors to the NIL plus some alumni and fan support.

I included a photo of the Phog, fnbo supports the Jayhaks, which ain't cheap. The fnbo family lineage founded Creighton. The snobby lawyers and dentists from Creighton have such a small piece of their NIL, it was all set up to tap corporations.

I really didn't want to get Cold's lather up, I've been following the Shocks and rooting for them. That said, I'm not a Shocker alum or donor, so I don't get fundraising requests from the school or the NIL collaborative, I just wanted to know what you guys are doing.
                Attached Files
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                  Mills isn’t even fighting being fired imo, he’s fighting complete fan apathy which will be impossible to recover from
                  Based off of an interview I saw with Mills recently, I get the vibe WSU is telling these coaches “As long as you don’t look like a psychopath in any of your interviews and you aren’t knocking players teeth out in practice, you have nothing to worry about”.. In other words, WSU is merely pretending to care about basketball these days

Comment

• So................NOBODY listened to the postgame?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      So................NOBODY listened to the postgame?
                      Nope. For what purpose? I don't need to hear sugar coating...pretty clear what happened on the floor. LMAO

I was ready to begin focusing on something else today as soon as the final buzzer sounded.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

They did it with corporate money, not individual donors. Here's a major giver and an example of who is building the program. FNBO, they are a major donor to the NIL. They sponsor athletics all over the region. Big donors to Nebraska sports, they are also donors to KU, Colorado, Iowa, Iowa State and others. I'm not sure if they donate to K-State. The Kountz family, who founded the bank, are relatives to the Creighton family, founders of Creighton University. FNBO remains owned by the same family lineagein and is now run by the Lauritzen family. While the Lauritzen's donate and support many schools, many are Creighton alumni and very historically connected. Baxter Auto Group supports with autos. There are about 15 corporate donors to the NIL plus some alumni and fan support.

I included a photo of the Phog, fnbo supports the Jayhaks, which ain't cheap. The fnbo family lineage founded Creighton. The snobby lawyers and dentists from Creighton have such a small piece of their NIL, it was all set up to tap corporations.

I really didn't want to get Cold's lather up, I've been following the Shocks and rooting for them. That said, I'm not a Shocker alum or donor, so I don't get fundraising requests from the school or the NIL collaborative, I just wanted to know what you guys are doing.
                        Cool story bro. BJ (regardless of sponsor) ain't payin' the bball team 2M per year. Sorry.

Now millions for a practice center, floor, plane, etc. sure.

You'll need to do better than that to get my lather up sir.

P.S. If BJ were to be paying the players that much, I would say that they are grossly overpaying lol. $2M per would get you a LOT of high-major recruits. As it stands, BJ barely cracks the top-10 in Big Priest recruiting (which makes sense... it's Nebraska).

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          So................NOBODY listened to the postgame?
                          Any lights? High or low?
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Clearly, patience is needed. But I thought going into the season that I was mostly going to judge the team on a rubric of establishing a culture, rather than hoping for an immediate turn-around. I think that so far, the results are mixed. We've played a lot of good opponents, and against KU and Memphis we didn't show good discipline or effort. Once the lead grew, we folded on the defensive end and started turning the ball over.

Clearly, this isn't the postseason team some were hopeful of. The roster looks like it was assembled late in the recruiting process, because it was. But it probably isn't a winless AAC team either. The sliding scale this year will give a good grade if we just manage to play complete games, with less turnovers or defensive mistakes, but we have to make those improvements heading into the bulk of AAC play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

7 of the 12 scholarship players are "his dudes" he recruited this year. So he needs a different set of "his dudes" ?
                              You don’t know how a program gets built obviously. Well one that doesn’t blatantly cheat. But instant success is what matters now

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Right on! MVJ got that info from the bull rather than the horses mouth and now he’s spreading that BS over here to the gullible.
                                Not any different than dumpster diving Nostradamus pretending he has “inside” info.
                                Not surprising.
                                The number of different ways you're wrong is becoming incalculable.

Comment

Working...
                                X