No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember an exotic dancer from community college. She would take a handful of pop rocks and shove............... maybe this a story for another thread ..........

Comment

• I remember this one time in band camp…
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's not at all a bait. Your wording that honoring commitments is the top priority is just odd so I was digging deeper. So what do YOU think the commitment to Mills is. That goes back to my original question, if we felt we had a home run hire lined up (whether that's the case here is part of this scenario), how long would we have had to give Mills for you to feel like we honored our commitment?

IMO as long as we paid whatever buyout was in the contract, we honored our commitment.
        Your last sentence is true but I believe there is also some reasonable expectations discussed on both sides, that never see ink. I didn't pretend to know those things but I believe that these days most ADs expect to see progress within 3 years and most coaches expect administrations to supports them through NCAA compliance, checking student eligibility and a number of other things. These are some things that I'm sure are discussed but not necessarily in a contract.
        ​​​​​no different than a marriage.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

What makes you think we will get any of that info? Be ready for a LONNNNNGGGGG offseason lol
          I’m already depressed enough, thanks lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

SB,
            1) I know the Oakland coach, have worked one of his games. He, and his hair piece, are very comfortable in Detroit.
            2) Calipari would also bring the NCAA Enforcement crew to Wichita's doorstep. That's the last thing this school/program needs.
            What is this NCAA Enforcement crew you talk about?

Besides, Lexington has much better quality bourbon and its close by.
            Lets be clear, I do not think it would ever happen. If they do fire him, and he want's to coach again - then a program with some money will pull the trigger to hire him. It just won't be WSU.

Calipari MIGHT stay a year two, then outta Wichita at the first whim (or offer).
            3) Even if he came and got the program in the dance - and then get 'Oaklanded' again, the wolves in DooDah land would be screaming even louder.

And WSU would be back to square 1 again.

That is all.
            Being back to square 1 is better than Square 0, which this program is at.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
              Man I can’t wait for some actual recruiting/team news so we can pass our time on something that’s actually interesting instead of theoretical arguments lmao. All of you have way too much time

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

What is this NCAA Enforcement crew you talk about?

Lets be clear, I do not think it would ever happen. If they do fire him, and he want's to coach again - then a program with some money will pull the trigger to hire him. It just won't be WSU.

Being back to square 1 is better than Square 0, which this program is at.
                Square 0?
                I don't think Memphis would agree with after WSU sent them back to Beale Street.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Square 0?
                  I don't think Memphis would agree with after WSU sent them back to Beale Street.

That is all.
                  It's kinda crazy that we only got to play one game last year. Really need to talk to the NCAA about that scheduling mix up

Comment

• Cal ain't comin. We don't even want him unless he brings all his NIL with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Wait. What? What's wrong with pop rocks? As a kid, we all wanted pop rocks!
                      I still enjoy Pop Rocks when I can find them. There's something special about those damned things.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Just bumping to point out that Oklahoma State seems to have struck out on every major candidate thus far.

Haven’t seen much from that search.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I still enjoy Pop Rocks when I can find them. There's something special about those damned things.
                          Oreo has a cookie, Space Dunk, that has pop rocks in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

They also did that in the Cherry Cough Syrup, err, I mean, Cherry Cola Oreos from a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

I knew a girl who loved popping her rocks when participating in Oreo situations.
                              ​​​​​​She liked both chocolate and vanilla Oreos.

Comment

• sitting here in Andover, new aortic valve, two bypasses. Gonna apply for the OSU job, soon as I get outa here.

Comment

Working...
                                X