Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Yep. Danny Ainge set up the meet
    Did Steve Eck also make the list?
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Did Steve Eck also make the list?
      he was cut after they got his request to have his own dorm room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

he was cut after they got his request to have his own dorm room.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You should be banned
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Gonna toss out a scenario, not suggesting it should be done or would even have remote possibility of happening, just curious of what people's thoughts would be.

Kentucky fans are ready to boot Calipari to the door. Granted they owe him 742 trillion dollars or something stupid, so its unlikely. But for this scenario lets assume a couple things.
            • Kentucky boots Calipari
            • We have a donor willing to Pony up buyouts/contracts on our side for this specific scenario
            So if Calipari was available, and ADKS used his connections from UK to get Calipari willing to come here, then two questions:
            1. Would you want Calipari to coach WSU?
            2. How long would you give Mills before making that move. Would you be willing to do it this year? or would you rather wait until next year and if results aren't improved then move then.
            Yet again, purely a hypothetical because multiple things that are unlikely to happen need to happen for it to even be possible. To me Calipari is a coach who is slightly a dick, and I hate playing against, but I'm sure my mind would change if he was coaching here lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Gonna toss out a scenario, not suggesting it should be done or would even have remote possibility of happening, just curious of what people's thoughts would be.

Kentucky fans are ready to boot Calipari to the door. Granted they owe him 742 trillion dollars or something stupid, so its unlikely. But for this scenario lets assume a couple things.
              • We have a donor willing to Pony up buyouts/contracts on our side for this specific scenario
              So if Calipari was available, and ADKS used his connections from UK to get Calipari willing to come here, then two questions:
              2. How long would you give Mills before making that move. Would you be willing to do it this year? or would you rather wait until next year and if results aren't improved then move then.
              Yet again, purely a hypothetical because multiple things that are unlikely to happen need to happen for it to even be possible. To me Calipari is a coach who is slightly a dick, and I hate playing against, but I'm sure my mind would change if he was coaching here lol.
              I would give up one or both nuts for Calipari to coach WSU, and I'm not a Mills hater by any stretch but he could find the door tomorrow if that was going to happen
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Gonna toss out a scenario, not suggesting it should be done or would even have remote possibility of happening, just curious of what people's thoughts would be.

I would take Calipari just to watch Memphis fans squirm every time we played them lol.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Two thoughts.
                  priority #1- stand by your commitment

Calipari is a great recruiter, but I'd rather not cheer for a team full of one and dones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                    Two thoughts.

Calipari is a great recruiter, but I'd rather not cheer for a team full of one and dones.
                    For priority 1: Im assuming you are referring to Mills? So priority 1 is honoring his contract?

For the second part. One and done has a new meaning in the portal world. Most schools will be cheering for "one and done" it feels like

Comment

• Yes

And I hope the one and move on era loses its luster like Pop rocks.

Comment

Yes

And I hope the one and move on era loses its luster like Pop rocks.
                        So the most important priority for the Shocker basketball program is to make sure we give Mills a full five years. So even if we are a Wednesday team for 5 years, it's priority 1 for WSU to make sure we honor that contract since our commitment to him was 5 years.

​​​​​​

Comment

Calipari has all the resources and history at Kentucky and brings in elite 5 star players. With all that he has won 1 game in the tournament in the last 5 years while being the higher ranked team in every game they played. I would pass.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

If the transfer portal did NOT exist I would say keep Mills for another minute. BUT since the transfer portal is the official second coming of college sports...you MOST DEFINITELY BRING IN CALIPARI the same day Kentucky lets him go.

It goes against most of my principles to do so but so does big-time college basketball these days.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Two thoughts.

WSU basketball is just a revolving door.

Comment

Two thoughts.
                                Interesting.... I didn't hear you espousing that when:

WSU didn't stand by their commitment to Marshall
                                WSU didn't stand by their commitment to IB

Comment

Working...
                                X