Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    When Coach Scott Thompson was our coach,, I met him once at the Hutch Juco Tournament. I approached him about some players that caught my eye that could really help us the following year. Yes, I thought Scott was a nice guy. However, his reply to me perturbed me. He shut my ideas down stating that he couldn't do that because it would upset his existing players over playing time. What?

So this very recruiting Season will be of essence with HCPM. He has a solid start with TJ and Zion. Can we keep Rogers and QB? Can we sign Juco or Portal players that are starters? Dunno, but this is his time of serious reckoning to make wise chess
    moves because this will not be like playing checkers.
    I understand the comparison. I often wonder if Mills is Scott Thompson.2. However, Mills has the luxury of the portal. Same with incoming and outgoing players. It's a much easier task for Mills.

Comment

• As my Grandpa would say, this Head Coach, Athletic Director and University President are worthless as tits on a boar hog.

I can’t believe how quickly this program has dropped to the dredges of college hoops. I sure hope all these soft ass ******* who ran off the greatest coach we’ve had run our basketball program are happy.

it makes me sick to watch this happen. Now we get mediocrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post
        As my Grandpa would say, this Head Coach, Athletic Director and University President are worthless as tits on a boar hog.

I can’t believe how quickly this program has dropped to the dredges of college hoops. I sure hope all these soft ass ******* who ran off the greatest coach we’ve had run our basketball program are happy.

finishing last is not mediocrity

Comment

• Well, I agree. I probably should have rethought that statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            When is Isaac Brown going to get back into coaching? I cannot believe someone like him would hang it up over a couple years salary. The longer he sits out, the more stale his resume gets.
            Southern Illinois is open now. I can see him going there.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Southern Illinois is open now. I can see him going there.
              I’ve been thinking that it’s going to be a southern school since that’s where his ties are. So SIU would probably be a good fit.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post
                As my Grandpa would say, this Head Coach, Athletic Director and University President are worthless as tits on a boar hog.

So because Marshall was unprofessional and after a thorough investigation, found deserving of being cut loose, that makes people soft?

honestly that train of thought is pathetic.

This is a game. Winning is not everything, despite what you may think. It’s how you win that matters.

and yes, I am also upset we’re losing and haven’t been impressed by Mills. And yes, I enjoyed the heights of the Marshall times. But you’re delusional if you don’t think he played a massive part in our downfall as well.

edit: I’m not even going to add any more thoughts because this topic has been beat to death. Marshall’s gone. People who can’t get their head out of the past is exactly what’s wrong with wichita. Be future facing and figure out how we can improve from where we are instead of lamenting like a damned child.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  I’ve been thinking that it’s going to be a southern school since that’s where his ties are. So SIU would probably be a good fit.
                  Everything is south to you
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Why would anybody think IB would ever become a head coach again?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Why would anybody think IB would ever become a head coach again?
                      Why not?

Former American Athletic Conference Coach of the Year, at a time when Cincinnati and Houston were still in the conference. Former lead assistant coach to Gregg Marshall. I can see a lower level team (like SIU) picking him.

It may still be a few years, though. Without looking up the details of his buyout agreement, WSU's payments to him may be offset (or even outright cancelled) if he gets another head coaching job before April 2026.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Why not?

Former American Athletic Conference Coach of the Year, at a time when Cincinnati and Houston were still in the conference. Former lead assistant coach to Gregg Marshall. I can see a lower level team (like SIU) picking him.

It may still be a few years, though. Without looking up the details of his buyout agreement, WSU's payments to him may be offset (or even outright cancelled) if he gets another head coaching job before April 2026.
                        You know, it takes some coaches a few years to grow into the roll of head coach. Coach Brown was thrown into a role he maybe wasn't ready for. If he chooses to coach again it will be interesting to see if he develops into a good head coach. Maybe he would have done that here but we'll never know. Maybe he'll do it somewhere else.
                        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Why not?
                          Because it's stressful as hell, thankless unless you are winning at an elite level, and with the new norm of no player loyalty you aren't building rewarding long term relationships with players anymore.

Other than money, why would you want to be a college coach?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Danny Sprinkle, in his first year at Utah State, just won the MWC title. Utah State didn't return a single point from last year's team.

26-5
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Danny Sprinkle, in his first year at Utah State, just won the MWC title. Utah State didn't return a single point from last year's team.

26-5
                              All true, but he also brought his own Max Abmas with him. Maybe a couple.

Comment

• Maybe if HCPM dusts off some of his old James Harden vids and shows em to the kids they'll regain their November form.

Comment

Working...
                                X