No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was the best of times, now it’s the worst of times.

without a boatload of cash, wichita state and 90% of college sports are in the chitter. personally i’m not interested in the arms race. my future monies are going to academics.

sad sad times. the ncaa has gone to hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Dude, your scaring me. Somehow I agree with you. This time, at least.
      Ditto.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jesus I get tired of this debate every six months.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Jesus I get tired of this debate every six months.
          Every time it comes up, each party gets closer to idealism and further away from the nuance of the situation. It’s tiring.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• It gets brought up every six months because most people on this site are too ignorant or "anti-woke" to just own up to the facts. Why do you think Fred and Ron never publicly backed him, even when asked directly about it? Because they didn't want to lie. It happened. You can't do that and be respected. End of story.

cue the "well back in my day posts"....
            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
              It gets brought up every six months because most people on this site are too ignorant or "anti-woke" to just own up to the facts. Why do you think Fred and Ron never publicly backed him, even when asked directly about it? Because they didn't want to lie. It happened. You can't do that and be respected. End of story.

Grind that axe, son.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It gets brought up every six months because most people on this site are too ignorant or "anti-woke" to just own up to the facts. Why do you think Fred and Ron never publicly backed him, even when asked directly about it? Because they didn't want to lie. It happened. You can't do that and be respected. End of story.

I don' think WSU handled it well - or correctly. I would have been OK with him still being retained.

But that doesn't change the fact you just posted. 3G would be here if anyone from a 2012-2019 team had his back - No one did. That and 75% of our team transferring the literal second it was allowed in 2020.

Comment

Millennials not totally happy that Marshall could be a bit of a meanie. NFW!!!!!!

Ron and Fred (Cle) owe much of their professional success to becoming the MEN Gregg Marshall turned them into.

Sadly, their class was one of the last collegiate classes where boys still had to become men to participate. Now we have the tail wagging the dog, and the adults in the room know how that story will end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Dude, your scaring me. Somehow I agree with you. This time, at least.
                    Seriously considered deleting my post after your comment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Your analysis lacks substance.

Scott Thompson came to WSU as a third, fourth, or fifth choice at a time following Cohen who had run down the program(turned it into a losing program) after many years of success under Smithson and Fogler. Thompson had zero personality nor recruiting chops. He followed up his WSU stint with an unsuccessful stint at Cornell. IB wasn’t and likely never will be Div. 1 head coaching material. He led our program into a losing program, and had zero personality or HC recruiting chops, just as Thompson.

IB was a nice guy but he followed a nationally respected program and coach, after over a decade of success. Jans and Forbes both had a huge amount of responsibility in the Shocker program, and followed the Shocker success into years of head coaching success at other Div. 1 schools. Both Forbes and Jans would have been great head coach choices at WSU.

Paul Mills had a certain amount of success at a low budget (low level Div. 1 conference) Div. 1 school who has seen little success. This program (WSU) lost a lot of prestige (bottom AAC program)under IB. I’m not sure whether PM can lead our program back to respectability but he deserves a chance.
                      hahaha. What was 'mumbles' record at WSU year-by-year? 13-14 earned him a 4th year, where WSU proceeded to go 8-21. I was being cheeky, but maybe you really are delusional. Case closed...

Can you say 15-19 in 2024? But, yeah, we all hope for a better second year for HCPM is the CUSA West division. I demand a winning record, and that's more than realistic.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Let me just say this for all the short-timers in here who have no perspective on anything. I was one of the first truly independent, uninvited observers of a Gregg Marshall practice back in 2007. I was horrified by what I saw. I literally thought I was gonna see kids die that day. Ferocious, punishing, unrelenting. Coach "hated" everybody and looked like he was moments away from murder. Line drills that never stopped, screaming and cursing in faces. How could I know that before my very eyes, I was watching a great man force the birth of Play Angry basketball. All the pain, all the suffering was calculated with surgical precision. A culture of weaknesses was being purged. I simply wasn't man enough to watch.

Great men are great men because they do the things most won't. It took a great man to direct the brightest light onto a city as unexceptional as ours. Wichita owes him everything. This town needs about a dozen more Gregg Marshalls.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          Let me just say this for all the short-timers in here who have no perspective on anything. I was one of the first truly independent, uninvited observers of a Gregg Marshall practice back in 2007. I was horrified by what I saw. I literally thought I was gonna see kids die that day. Ferocious, punishing, unrelenting. Coach "hated" everybody and looked like he was moments away from murder. Line drills that never stopped, screaming and cursing in faces. How could I know that before my very eyes, I was watching a great man force the birth of Play Angry basketball. All the pain, all the suffering was calculated with surgical precision. A culture of weaknesses was being purged. I simply wasn't man enough to watch.

Great men are great men because they do the things most won't. It took a great man to direct the brightest light onto a city as unexceptional as ours. Wichita owes him everything. This town needs about a dozen more Gregg Marshalls.
                          Thank god we have someone like you who can educate us. Why, if it weren't for your gumption and vocal leadership here, I shudder to think at what this city...nay, this country, could be facing.
                          TRUE PATRIOT!
                          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Gregg had his day. He would have full roster turnover every year if he were still coaching. Most kids can't handle his style and would bolt if they had unlimited transfer options. He had big roster turnovers before they were fashionable. Guys like him are old school, there's a reason a lot of the old school guys retired in the past 3 years.

Comment

Thank god we have someone like you who can educate us. Why, if it weren't for your gumption and vocal leadership here, I shudder to think at what this city...nay, this country, could be facing.
                              TRUE PATRIOT!
                              You strike me as the nerdy pretentious type. Maybe it's only because you used the word "nay". Regardless, I'm betting you have "handled clipboards and sweaty towels" listed not too deeply on your CV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Gregg had his day. He would have full roster turnover every year if he were still coaching. Most kids can't handle his style and would bolt if they had unlimited transfer options. He had big roster turnovers before they were fashionable. Guys like him are old school, there's a reason a lot of the old school guys retired in the past 3 years.
                                Call me the grumpy old man, but I like old school. I definitely do not like new school.

Old school brings connotations of accountability, where a man's word is his bond; perseverance, courage, accomplishment in spite of poor odds.

America.

Comment

Working...
                                X