• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Resitution bylaw was also blocked by this ruling... the big question is eligbility

Comment

I'm not going to pretend to know all of the legal aspects of this ongoing situation and am just passing along what Forde is putting out there. I assume he will have a better grasp and understanding of things, along with his sources and connections, than I will.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Comment

I'm not going to pretend to know all of the legal aspects of this ongoing situation and am just passing along what Forde is putting out there. I assume he will have a better grasp and understanding of things, along with his sources and connections, than I will.
                Let me find the official court statements. They specfically called out schools/players are not allowed to be punished if this is reversed

The second picture has the wording that says the NCAA is not allowed to punish the school or player and lays out a scenario.

Last edited by Stickboy46; December 13, 2023, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Assuming they also wont burn eligibilty, looking pretty likely we might have Degray for the SIU and KSU games

Comment

If this is not overturned it seems like a very bad thing for college athletics. No restrictions on transfers ever is not good in my opinion. Most NBA players don't have this kind of freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                      If this is not overturned it seems like a very bad thing for college athletics. No restrictions on transfers ever is not good in my opinion. Most NBA players don't have this kind of freedom.
                      It will 100% be bad for college sports. I'm good with one transfer without penalty. Still causes enough problems but kids make mistakes and things change. So be it. I'm then good with sitting after a 2nd transfer.

The problems is, and I believe has been mentioned elsewhere, is there is zero consistency with how the NCAA does their waivers. There's nothing about the girl on the women's team that should have gotten her waiver granted. I'm pretty sure there's nothing that should allow Cisse to be eligible but he is. Then there are guys who've transferred home to be closer to ailing family and they get denied. That makes no sense. If there's going to be a waiver, moving back home to be close to family seems to be the most obvious one to be accepted. I don't know what their review process includes, but it's not consistent in any way and I believe that's why we're here today.

If the NCAA had a strict but consistent policy this probably doesn't happen.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Assuming they also wont burn eligibilty, looking pretty likely we might have Degray for the SIU and KSU games
                        But who will they have, and so on and so forth?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If the NCAA had a strict but consistent policy this probably doesn't happen.
                          Like no waivers period except for medical redshirts. Where an injury end your season before you play in 30% of your team's games. You get your 1 time transfer. Make it a good choice.

Comment

Eagle - What does court ruling against NCAA waiver mean for two-time transfer at Wichita State

While DeGray is now available to Wichita State, uncertainty remains regarding the ramifications of playing him over the next 14 days.

If WSU plays DeGray during the 14-day window and the ruling is reversed in two weeks with NCAA waiver rules going back into effect, would DeGray lose an entire year of eligibility because of those games?

That’s the question that no one has a concrete answer to.

Winter believes there isn’t risk because of the judge “enjoining” the NCAA from applying its restitution rule during the TRO, but understands why some schools might operate with an abundance of caution until they hear directly from the NCAA that eligibility will not be affected.

“I think a lot of schools will probably wait a couple of days and see what the NCAA says, but then they are going to have to make a decision,” Winter said. “Are they going to take a chance and play a guy who is waiting on a waiver with the belief that the NCAA is just going to say, ‘We’re not enforcing our transfer waiver rules at all within this 14-day period’? The NCAA might say that or they might not say anything and the schools are going to have to make a decision on whether or not they want to take a chance. It’s going to be interesting.”
                            Taylor talked to a sports attorney to get this info. Still some gray area here and need the NCAA to say something.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Pffft, put him in. The court ruled on it, there will be no ramifications if it's reversed, AND the NCAA has no teeth anymore. It's an easy call, really, isn't it?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Pffft, put him in. The court ruled on it, there will be no ramifications if it's reversed, AND the NCAA has no teeth anymore. It's an easy call, really, isn't it?
                                Only BIG if left is if he will lose a year of eligibility .. so might end up just being up to him

Comment

Working...
                                X