No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remain confident that we'll avoid the play-in round. I think Lunardi has a conflict of interest where ESPN is incentivized to hype ratings by positioning teams in a certain way the next 2 days. He has a history of dramatically re-shuffling his "in" teams on Sunday morning to more closely reflect reality.

If you stack our resume against our peers there just is no way you can have us below #42 on the S-Curve. I think the highest we could be right now is #35.

It would also be nice if VCU can sack up and win the A-10 Tournament. That win, like UNLV last season, is our crown jewel and needs to look as shiny as possible.

Comment

• Missouri State did not have a very good resume. They had a great RPI but that was due in large part to the strength of the conference. We have a much better resume than Missouri State had that year.

Comment

• It's my dream scenario if this bracket is true:
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• No way we are a play in team...you heard it here for the 51st time!
          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Looks like today's brackets have us against UCLA in the 6-11. Like the match up better than UNLV.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Current RPI Rank of 37 on Warrennolan.com. SOS ranked 90.
              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805 View Post
                I would wager we all would have 'booked' Missouri State a few years back right before the royal screwing. There seems to be a universal truth applicable to the NCAA in all circumstances: If there is a way to screw the small conference team, they will find it.
                Wichita State is no Missouri State.

Just sayin'.

Our appearances in the polls this year should help us a lot, name wise. People are panicking but Lunardi doesn't know sh*t. Like Shoxfan45 said, we're a 10 or 11 seed, more closer to a 10.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                  Looks like today's brackets have us against UCLA in the 6-11. Like the match up better than UNLV.
                  oh man, that would be a dream come true

Comment

• What I love about ESPN is when they break into live games, updating scores of other games and then throw it out there that Lunardi has NOW moved Team A from here to here, as if that is actually going to happen or like it's really breaking news.

Just hilarious.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• LOLunardi lined up his 3:30 PM S-Curve in a way that was DYING to jump ANYONE over us and push WSU into the play-in game. We are #44, Belmont (auto-bid) is #45, LaSalle WAS #46, Kentucky #47, Virginia WAS #48, and Tennessee is #49.

UVA and LaSalle got trounced. Tennessee trails 'Bama (currently in his NEXT 4 OUT) 46-41 w/9 minutes left. A Vandy win over Kentucky tonight in Nashville would complete a delicious day of thwarting this obnoxiousness.

Comment

• At Kansas City, Mo.

(2) BIG 12/Kansas vs. (15) AMERICA EAST/Vermont

(7) Notre Dame vs. (10) Wichita State
                        Yes please!
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• We improved a seed from yesterday on si.com from a 10 to a 9.

Comment

• I did see where last 4 byes means last 4
                            In regular tournament. Not sure if this has been
                            Posted yet. Knew there was a discussion on
                            This topic the other day.

Comment

• @ESPNLunardi: Last Four Byes (in daily Bracket Math). “@olsta: @ESPNLunardi 68 teams, there needs to be a new category called "last four in main bracket."

Comment

• Just to illustrate the ridiculousness of having us behind a team like St. Mary's, compare:

SMC: 1-3 vs Top 50 (lone win vs. #23 Creighton), 4-4 vs Top 100, SOS 96, OOC SOS 117

WSU: 3-2 vs Top 50 (wins vs. #23 Creighton, vs. Southern Miss, @ #25 VCU), 8-5 vs. Top 100, SOS 91, OOC SOS 57

I mean, that's like a 2 line difference between us and them. Not even close. And they got caught cheating this year (with a truly pathetic slap on the wrist). That screams Play-in/Bubble Out to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X