No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunardi's final update of the evening has us as the last team avoiding the play-in game.

A look at where Bracketology stands at the end of Thursday's action. Check back Friday morning for an updated full bracket.1-SEEDSDuke/EASTIndiana ...

He's going to look silly if he moves us into the Last 4 In slots. There is no chance we are currently sitting behind St. Mary's and their 1 top 50 victory. I think we are also ahead of Cal, Minnesota, Villanova, and Temple at the moment.

The conference tournaments have gone well for us so far. I expect us to be a 10 seed if they play out as expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
      Lunardi's final update of the evening has us as the last team avoiding the play-in game.

A look at where Bracketology stands at the end of Thursday's action. Check back Friday morning for an updated full bracket.1-SEEDSDuke/EASTIndiana ...

He's going to look silly if he moves us into the Last 4 In slots. There is no chance we are currently sitting behind St. Mary's and their 1 top 50 victory. I think we are also ahead of Cal, Minnesota, Villanova, and Temple at the moment.

The conference tournaments have gone well for us so far. I expect us to be a 10 seed if they play out as expected.
      Our RPI has actually improved over the last day. So he drops us when teams in front of us lose? i.e. Oklahoma?

Eff that guy. He's pu**ying out.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Lunardi's final update of the evening has us as the last team avoiding the play-in game.

Man, Lunardi does this every year. Tomorrow some other team will lose and he will drop WSU into the play-in games.

The week has actually gone pretty well for WSU so far and the Shockers rpi has actually improved, yet he keeps dropping us. Who knows by Sunday he may drop WSU in the first four OUT. He has certainly done it before with Valley teams.

I still feel pretty confident, based on the Shocks resume vs. the bubble teams. I think I will just ignore these bracket guys and just wait to see where we play on Sunday.

Comment

• It's because he is a headlines person. We are not in the headlines now so we drop. Even if we were playing this week, the main headlines would be the headline conferences. The names and the now excite him. Not the actual complete season,

Comment

• When GoShockers89 posted that last night about us moving to last in without a play in game, I absolutely hit the roof.

How do you combat that crap from a PR standpoint if you are the athletic department? I know this tool is not on the committee, but it is almost backhanded slander of our program. Can HCGM call him out without appearing petty?

Comment

• I just thought I would mention that we beat Southern Miss without Carl Hall, Jake White, Evan Wessel, Ron Baker and Ehimen limped for 25 minutes.

This team has frazzos.

Comment

• "Lunardi is so mad at Cal losing he dropped Wichita State a seed line!" - Jerry Tarkanian.

Comment

• Guys, remember Lunardi does what he thinks the committee will do. The problem is why do we think the committee would do this? Here's to NC State wholloping UVA today.

Comment

• As always, Suellentrop has a good run-down. Here an excerpt:

With that in mind, it was good for teams such as Arizona State and Baylor to lose. On Friday, root against Iowa, La Salle, Virginia and Mississippi. Root for Kansas to keep Iowa State from adding a major chip to its resume. Root for Alabama to hurt Tennessee’s resume, then hope the Crimson Tide loses in the next round.

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#storylink=cpy

Comment

• I don't like the way this is trending, and worry about having to do the play-in game. This is the problem with doing the conference tournament a week early. You have nowhere to go but down from that point forward. I know the MVC does the tournament a week early so that it can be on CBS, but if it isn't a true national tv game, and they are going to cut away early, what is the point. Play it a week later and have the title game on ESPN or ESPN2. It's not like CBS gives you any kind of advantage, 98% of households have cable anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                        I don't like the way this is trending, and worry about having to do the play-in game. This is the problem with doing the conference tournament a week early. You have nowhere to go but down from that point forward. I know the MVC does the tournament a week early so that it can be on CBS, but if it isn't a true national tv game, and they are going to cut away early, what is the point. Play it a week later and have the title game on ESPN or ESPN2. It's not like CBS gives you any kind of advantage, 98% of households have cable anyway.
                        I can't even begin to imagine the Elgin hate if we end up missing the tourney or even get stuck in the play-in round.

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                          I don't like the way this is trending, and worry about having to do the play-in game. This is the problem with doing the conference tournament a week early. You have nowhere to go but down from that point forward. I know the MVC does the tournament a week early so that it can be on CBS, but if it isn't a true national tv game, and they are going to cut away early, what is the point. Play it a week later and have the title game on ESPN or ESPN2. It's not like CBS gives you any kind of advantage, 98% of households have cable anyway.
                          BINGO. Well said.

Comment

• Very disconcerting when your team does almost everything it is supposed to: winning road record, challenging schedule, finishes second in your league and the league tourney, and slides down the list based on what other bubble teams do by waiting to the last minute to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

It keeps getting said more and more that the regular season really means nothing any more. When BCS teams can suck all year and pull one or two games out of their butts at the last minute to bump down or out a(ny) non-BCS team that exceeded expectations and took care of business all year, all while having to jump over a higher bar to do all that. Frustrating...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I think everyone is a little too riled up. We will be a 10 or 11, not in the play-in round. Most likely a 10, I bet. Book it. You heard it here...for the 50th time.
                              Goo Shockers

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan45 View Post
                                I think everyone is a little too riled up. We will be a 10 or 11, not in the play-in round. Most likely a 10, I bet. Book it. You heard it here...for the 50th time.
                                I would wager we all would have 'booked' Missouri State a few years back right before the royal screwing. There seems to be a universal truth applicable to the NCAA in all circumstances: If there is a way to screw the small conference team, they will find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X