No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like Kentucky. That said, I did understand, and some like, what I heard today. Kentucky will make the Dance, but as a play in team. Brings notice and money into an otherwise ignored round.

Comment

• Does the winner play a number 1 seed? If so, that could be the makings of the first ever upset of a number 1 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Does the winner play a number 1 seed? If so, that could be the makings of the first ever upset of a number 1 seed.
        In this case it would be a 12 v. 12 matchup, so the winner plays a 5 seed.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          I don't like Kentucky. That said, I did understand, and some like, what I heard today. Kentucky will make the Dance, but as a play in team. Brings notice and money into an otherwise ignored round.
          That's a great point about the hypocritical money machine that is the NCAA.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Any reason why warrennolan.com is down?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ESPN Bubble Watch has us as a lock:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That was an interesting recap of it all.....I struggle to keep it all straight anyway.

Comment

• The Shocks have been in every bracket for some time. A few days ago they were in all brackets but 1. Now it's 2.

Prepare yourself to see that number climb every day over the next 6 until selection Sunday as upsets happen and the power 6 work their at large magic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    The Shocks have been in every bracket for some time. A few days ago they were in all brackets but 1. Now it's 2.

Prepare yourself to see that number climb every day over the next 6 until selection Sunday as upsets happen and the power 6 work their at large magic.
                    I agree. Inevitably there is a huge upset in a tournament. Let's hope that this year the teams that are supposed to win, do just that.

I think if WSU is a lock right now, they won't be by Saturday night. That's just how it works.

Comment

• With Gonzaga's win St Mary's is on the bubble.

St Mary Vs WSU

I think we are in before they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        I agree. Inevitably there is a huge upset in a tournament. Let's hope that this year the teams that are supposed to win, do just that.

I think if WSU is a lock right now, they won't be by Saturday night. That's just how it works.
                        This is the problem playing week before selection Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The Shocks have been in every bracket for some time. A few days ago they were in all brackets but 1. Now it's 2.

Again this is the problem playing week before selections

Comment

• We are in 85 of 87 brackets.

Eammonn Brennan has WSU as a lock. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

We will be in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              We are in 85 of 87 brackets.

Eammonn Brennan has WSU as a lock. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

We will be in.
                              I agree, and we DESERVE to be in. 5 of our 8 losses we have the ball under 10 seconds with a chance to win or tie. Almost half our wins (12) away from the Chuck. Find me a team below a protected seed with those numbers.

There are going to be discussions about what to do Sunday....the memory of the volleyball watch party from several years back still fresh in many minds, some are going to suggest not having a public watch party.

I disagree. One, we're in. A good friend of mine (a die hard KU fan) said when confronted with the possibility of WSU not getting in, and I quote, "I'll never watch another minute of the tournament if that happens". Two, we should act like we expect it. That's where this program is today. We're becoming a national power that expects to be ranked and not a bubble consideration. We've paid our dues and it's now our time to assert ourselves. We should act like the team performs. Expect to win. And we should do the same thing we did last year. Celebrate the inclusion and prepare to go to war.

Nobody is going to want to go to war with these Shockers in 9-11 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Why does every bracket I see have us matched up against another non BCS school? Butler, UNLV, Colorado State.

I know I am irritable but jeezus.
                                Because it guarantees a Non-BCS school moving on in the tournament which helps them sell "Cinderella".
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X