X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Ku lose by 23 and stay a 1 seed

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Our resume is not that super impressive.

The bubble is just weak this year.

7-6 in final 13 is not a good statistic.
      You can cherrypick any stats to make things seem worse or better than you want someone to believe. We're 7-3 in our last 10. There. That sounds better.

Our resume is better than the BCS sludge filling up around and below us. Putting us in the last 8 in after a 3 point loss to Creighton in the Valley Championship is a POS slap to the face.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
        How does Ku lose by 23 and stay a 1 seed
        Duh. It was a good loss. Don't you know 23 point beatdowns are always quality, especially against middling to poor conference competition?

These bracket geniuses like to think of themselves as being fair and neutral but they aren't. Certain teams get benefits "just because", while others drop a toothpick and it somehow makes as much noise as an earthquake. So tired of it every damn year.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          You can cherrypick any stats to make things seem worse or better than you want someone to believe. We're 7-3 in our last 10. There. That sounds better.

Our resume is better than the BCS sludge filling up around and below us. Putting us in the last 8 in after a 3 point loss to Creighton in the Valley Championship is a POS slap to the face.
          Absolutely correct. However, a 7 - 6 record in our past 13 should concern any Shocker fan as it shows we haven't exactly been playing our best ball toward the end of the season. Here's what I'm hoping for. The week layoff allows our team to refresh and when we go to the Dance, teams will not be playing MVC style defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Absolutely correct. However, a 7 - 6 record in our past 13 should concern any Shocker fan as it shows we haven't exactly been playing our best ball toward the end of the season. Here's what I'm hoping for. The week layoff allows our team to refresh and when we go to the Dance, teams will not be playing MVC style defense.
            I agree. I think this time off will really benefit the guys. Carl can get his toe, and any other banged up body parts, feeling better. Cle can get over his illness and hopefully get a needed breath of fresh air. Ron can continue to improve his basketball conditioning. It isn't like we have been lighting up the nets lately, so I don't think the time off will hurt them much at all.

Comment

• Middle Tennessee loses tonight so another bubble spot may be gone, will MTSU get in at 28-5???

Comment

• For what it's worth (and that isn't much), Seth Davis has us on his top 25 ballot..

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
                17. Wisc 18. Mem 19. UCLA 20. Pitt 21. UNC 22. Creighton 23. WichSt 24. Ariz 25. Colorado St
                Last edited by jocoshock; March 10, 2013, 10:11 PM.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  Lunardi has us in his "Last Four Byes" section as of an hour ago:

An brief update after Indiana's thrilling 72-71 win at Michigan:1-SEEDSDuke/EASTIndiana/MIDWESTGonzaga/WESTKansas/SOUTH2-SEEDSLouisville/EAST ...

I think he's selling us 3 or 4 spots short on the S-Curve but it's not totally unreasonable. I picture us being right on the border of a 10/11 seed.
                  Jerry Palm had WSU "on the fence" BEFORE WSU lost to Cu:

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                    Middle Tennessee loses tonight so another bubble spot may be gone, will MTSU get in at 28-5???
                    26 of their 28 wins were against teams ranked 100 or below, with a win over Ole Miss the only remotely decent scalp on the slate. They were 2-3 against the top 100, which is normally not good enough for an at-large bid. The Blue Raiders were also 12-5 in road/neutral games as well.
                    go shox...
                    Last edited by jocoshock; March 10, 2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Looks to me like Turgeon should have scheduled us up so we could help his non-conference SOS. BAHAHAHAhahahaAHAHAHAhaAHAHAH!!!!
                      Now don't be tacky.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Middle Tennessee loses tonight so another bubble spot may be gone, will MTSU get in at 28-5???
                        With an RPI in the 20s they should. Maybe as a play in team.

Comment

I doubt if another bubble spot is gone. Middle Tenn has just ONE top 100 win. They have NO top 50 wins. I don't see them getting an at large spot. MoSt got left out in 2006 with a better rpi and much better top 50 and top 100 wins.

Teams with just one top 100 win just don't get at large bids.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            Jerry Palm had WSU "on the fence" BEFORE WSU lost to Cu:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...y/bubble-watch
                            Our record appears to be much better than the other 3 on the fence..

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                              For what it's worth (and that isn't much), Seth Davis has us on his top 25 ballot..

Seth Davis ‏@SethDavisHoops
                              17. Wisc 18. Mem 19. UCLA 20. Pitt 21. UNC 22. Creighton 23. WichSt 24. Ariz 25. Colorado St
                              Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              I doubt if another bubble spot is gone. Middle Tenn has just ONE top 100 win. They have NO top 50 wins. I don't see them getting an at large spot. MoSt got left out in 2006 with a better rpi and much better top 50 and top 100 wins.

Teams with just one top 100 win just don't get at large bids.
                              On second look you are right

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                That is crazy....
                                mmm, they got Minnisota and Illinois on the bubble and frankly I think their Resumes look as good as ours. Oaklahoma was listed on the bubble and they look as good as us too. For that matter CAlifornia and Colorado are on the bubble and they look right with us on paper. Then there is memphis, Belmont has less losses then us and is 6-2 against the top 100, they look like our resume too...

I just think we don't look as good on paper as some of you seem to think (we sure as hell don't look as good on TV...)

Comment

Working...
                                X