No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll worry about not being in only if we are not in and certainly not before.

Comment

• I'm not worried
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• We beat the NCAA darling VCU at their place. We are in.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• As of now we are in. How far up the chain are we? Multi-Bid leagues that can still a bid are the ACC, A-10, B12, BE, B10, MWC, P-12, SEC. That is 8 possible bids that can be stolen, however in some of those cases, SEC, if a team comes out of nowhere to steal a bid it will knock off a bubble team.

One Bid Possible stealers
          OVC - If Murry State steals the bid does Belmont get in before us? Probably Not

C-USA - If anybody but Memphis wins does Memphis get in before us? Probably

Does Midd Tenn get in before us? NO

For the bubble teams the MVC and WCC tourneys finished just the way you wanted, the two top teams in the finals. This kept a third team from possible stealing a bid.

Is there any more that I missed?

Comment

• [QUOTE=jdmee;380383]

One Bid Possible stealers
            OVC - If Murry State steals the bid does Belmont get in before us? Probably Not
            [url]http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/BELMONT/WICHST[/

This has already been decided. Belmont won.

Comment

• Two games of particular interest coming up this week. Illinois and Minnesota play in the Big Ten tourny, and OU and Iowa St play in the first round of the B12. If you go by Lundardi, an OU win would be better and I think WSU would jump the loser of the B10 game. Also wouldn't hurt if Ok St went ahead and beat Baylor to keep them from sneaking in. I believe WSU to be solidly in the tournament, likely as a 10 seed. Senior night is a haunting one.
              -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

• Gee, now that our games are over and we are waiting for our Dance card, so many here seem, at least a little, concerned. I thought most thought we were a lock before the MVC tourney. Others said that all we had to do was win the first game. Well, we took the tourney winner to the wire in the finals.

What do most think now if we had lost to MSU or even Ill St?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  What do most think now if we had lost to MSU or even Ill St?
                  My thinking hasn't changed. Loss to MSU = Out; Lost to ILS = Bubble, Iffy; Win over ILS = In (10-12 seed).

Comment

• I still think we are in, but I just don't see the logic of the idiot prognosticators.

We are a 9 seed going into the conference tourney, we win two and take the MVC champs to the wire. 8-5 against Top 100, 3-2 against Top 50, like Sub said 13-2 with Ron Baker in the lineup. Now suddenly we are a 10, 11 or even on the bubble.

Just pure and simple boolshat.

Comment

• Think of it this way. If we are a 10 or 11 seed, that may work out better, as we can win and take over a 7/6 seed's draw. A 7/6 seed's draw is much better than the 8/9 seed draw after the first round.

If we want to ***** we have nobody but ourselves to blame.

Dont lose to EU on Sr night and dont lose to SIU.....
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I can understand why some people would be afraid of us not getting in, especially since one of the things the committee looks at is how a team finishes the regular season. I would say a 7-6 finish is not very inspiring. Neither are 2 losses to Evansville and a loss to Southern Illinois. That being said, I think that most fans would be sweating a lot more if the bubble was even remotely tough. Fortunately this year it isn't, and that may be what gets us in, because the uninspired, inconsistent play the last 2 months of the season sure don't help things. I still wouldn't be surprised to see us in a play-in game, but I'm not the committee, nor is anybody else on this board. All we can do is speculate. I choose not to, I'll wait until the NCAA selection show to find out if WSU is in, and if so, what seed and who will they play.

As for not watching the tournament if WSU doesn't get in, for the people who choose to not watch, that's your perogative if you are only a Shocker fan. But I'm a basketball fan in general, especially NCAA basketball, and I will be glued to my tv set next Tuesday thru Sunday to watch all the first, second, and third round games. Heck, I'll be glued to my tv set for the whole tournament. There will still be some great, exciting games no matter if Wichita State is in or not. I personally love March Madness! It's the best time of year by far!

Comment

• I'll run the Easiest Bubble Solver numbers later in the day but the Shox haven't done anything to hurt those. An interesting test case for that is Middle Tennessee State. They are higher in kenpom and RPI but almost every bracketologist has them out.

Comment

• Shockeriffic, I would bet Middle Tennessee State is out based on the fact that they play in a small conference. Most of those small conferences usually only get 1 bid unless a team really has a quality win during the regular season or something. If it comes between us and Mid. Tenn., we'll get in before they do simply because we play in a higher profile conference. Conference prestige seems to matter a lot to the selection committee

Comment

• I think we can easily say there are 6-10 teams on the bubble bellow us. I think we are safely in unless the perfect storm happens with a bunch of Depauls winning the Conference Tourneys over the Cincys/Novas. i.e A no chance team taking the Automatic vs a bubble team making the finals and possible leapfrogging us. If these conference tourneys go as closely as planned we will be safely in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                                Shockeriffic, I would bet Middle Tennessee State is out based on the fact that they play in a small conference. Most of those small conferences usually only get 1 bid unless a team really has a quality win during the regular season or something. If it comes between us and Mid. Tenn., we'll get in before they do simply because we play in a higher profile conference. Conference prestige seems to matter a lot to the selection committee
                                Middle Tennessee is not out based on the fact that they play in a small conference. They will be out based on the fact they got their high RPI/Kenpom numbers ala Missouri State Style. No real quality (0-2 vs 1-25, 0-0 vs 26-50, 2-1 vs 51-100). That's 2-3 vs top 100. vs 100+ they are 26-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X