• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I opted to watch Firefly instead.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• UConn had a really good plan on both ends. One time I watched their center commit 5 illegal screens on a single possession.
      Last edited by pinstripers; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I opted to watch Firefly instead.
        I like Nathan Fillion....is this worth watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I like Nathan Fillion....is this worth watching?
          I love the show. I wish I'd discovered it sooner. Sadly, it's only one season, followed by a movie called Serenity. But it has a fantastic cast, is well written and acted, and was done dirty by Fox when it aired originally. They aired it out of order which ruined any possible flow and development of the show.

The good news is Hulu has it in the correct order. Definitely watch it how it was intended and not how Fox aired it.

I love Nathan Fillion and his character is so damn good.

Alan Tudyk is absolutely fantastic in this as well. (A Knights Tale, Resident Alien, Dodgeball, Tucker & Dale, as well as a lot of voice work)

Adam Baldwin (who's in everything) isn't one of the Baldwin brothers, but is a solid actor who has been in a ton of ****. (Full Metal Jjackket, Wyatt Earp, Independence Day, The Patriot, and a lot of guest appearances)

Gina Torres has done more than I ever realized and is Fillion's right hand. (The Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions and a lot of TV and voice work)

Jewel State is a personal favorite of mine as she was also in Stargate Atlantis for a couple of season. She's had a hell of a TV career. She's currently in the TV show Family Law. (I think she's made an appearance on the Candy thread. If not, she will)

Summer Glau is crazy good in her role, which is unique. She's mostly stayed in TV. I'm a little surprised she hasn't done more. (Not sure if she's been on the Candy thread, but she will be)

Morena Baccarin is also fantastic and has done quite a bit since. (Stargate SG1 and Stargate: The Ark of Truth, Deadpool, Deadpool 2, Deadpool & Wolverine, V, Homeland, Gotham, Home Invasion, The Endgame as well as voice work) (Pretty sure she's been on the Candy thread and most likely will be again)

Ron Glass I wasn't familiar with but he's great in this. He got his start doing some Sanford and Son and has been on a lot of TV shows. Most notably is probably Barney Miller.

Also never knew much about Sean Maher but he really grew into his role quickly. He hasn't done a ton.

I'm a bit of a nerd for this show if you haven't figured that out. I own the series as well as the movie. I watch them a number of times throughout the year. They just never get old to me.

You also get a few guest appearances from the likes of Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) who will be in the Candy thread if she isn't already. Another personal favorite is Mark Sheppard who appears in a couple of episodes. He's best known for me from an episode of Doctor Who as well as a frequent character in Supernatural and a few episodes of White Collar and Doom Patrol. The other guest appearance of someone you will recognize when you see him is Gregg Henry. He's appeared in a number of movies and TV such as Raising Cain, Payback, The Black Dahlia, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, 2, 3, The Blue and the Gray, Gilmore Girls, Scandal, The Following and a **** ton of guest spots.

So yes, I believe it's worth watching. It's also cool because it's not a traditional Sci-Fi type of series and is usually described as a space western. It's a lot of fun I think.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• So the Womens championship game had a higher rating that the men's. If that isn't a message to the men's game and the way they are doing things, I don't know what is!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              So the Womens championship game had a higher rating that the men's. If that isn't a message to the men's game and the way they are doing things, I don't know what is!!
              Caitlin Clark draws eyes
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Caitlin Clark draws eyes
                yes, it will normalize next year

Comment

So the Womens championship game had a higher rating that the men's. If that isn't a message to the men's game and the way they are doing things, I don't know what is!!
                  Not at all. The women's title game was on network TV as opposed to cable for the men's. And it benefited from having Caitlin Clark, a generational player, in the game. Has nothing to do with the men's game, which is higher quality than it ever has been and features more talented players than it ever has.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Caitlin Clark draws eyes
                    And you know why she does. She stayed with the same school for 4 years and people identify Iowa with Caitlin Clark. The same way we became one the highest rated teams on television when we had freshman that went to the final 4 and then stayed for 3 more years.

Comment

If you were someone who didn't watch college basketball regularly, you could not name a single men's player this year. The women's game had so many more personalities and household names. The portal doesn't seem to impact the women's game like it does the mens. And, imo, more pleasing to watch. Obviously there's less highlight type plays, but the offensive execution of the top teams is fun to watch.

That said, the talent in women's basketball is so concentrated at the top. It's hard to imagine an underdog type story in the women's tournament.

Comment

• The women''s games were more interesting to watch than the men's games. Those women were playing basketball. The offensive sets, the passing, the cuts to the basket were outstanding. They had multiple players involved in the offensive schemes. It wasn't iso ball and pass to a 3-point shooter, which is starting to dominate the men's game.

the Iowa/UConn game was basketball at its finest and purest form.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• For the first time since Jackie Stiles I watched the entirety of women's games. My blunt takeaway: slower pace and much less physical. Good passing and shooting. Not my cup of tea, which I've expressed on social media and been labeled a misogynist. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            For the first time since Jackie Stiles I watched the entirety of women's games. My blunt takeaway: slower pace and much less physical. Good passing and shooting. Not my cup of tea, which I've expressed on social media and been labeled a misogynist. Sad.
                            Agreed. I don't like it.

Comment

• I think the Celtics had the same "Ref Crew" the Shockers had a few times this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

If you were someone who didn't watch college basketball regularly, you could not name a single men's player this year. The women's game had so many more personalities and household names. The portal doesn't seem to impact the women's game like it does the mens. And, imo, more pleasing to watch. Obviously there's less highlight type plays, but the offensive execution of the top teams is fun to watch.

That said, the talent in women's basketball is so concentrated at the top. It's hard to imagine an underdog type story in the women's tournament.
                                funny you say that, I bet most people don't know that Zach Edey is a 2x national POY. He's in the same category as guys like Jabar, Bill Walton and Ralph Sampson. They aren't even sure he'll be a successful NBA player based on where the game is going.

Perhaps the NCAA is done promoting its players since they now get paid to promote themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X