No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if this is old news, but while browsing through HBO/Max I noticed they have a link for "sports" March Madness. If I didn't know any better, it kind of looks like I'll have the option of streaming any basketball game (of my choice?) from March Madness. Is that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
      Don't know if this is old news, but while browsing through HBO/Max I noticed they have a link for "sports" March Madness. If I didn't know any better, it kind of looks like I'll have the option of streaming any basketball game (of my choice?) from March Madness. Is that correct?
      I do not know the answer as I've never paid attention to the sports section of MAX. But it sure would be cool if you could.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I am sick and tired of hearing about how Caitlin Clark is chasing the all time scoring record and is about to pass Pete Maravich for 1st place.

It's RIDICULOUS. She's a great player, but there's no comparison.

I scored more than 30,000 points during college (all in Division 1, in 4 years no Covid 5th, and ALL without the benefit of a 3 point line!) on the Atari 2600. Also, we had to call our own fouls, and we never called fouls.

It's a stupid comparison if you're going to leave my numbers out.
        Try living in Iowa and having to deal w/ all the closet fans, it's exhausting!

Comment

• I'm not sure which part of it is more annoying. The folks at ESPN and wherever else that keep tracking her points vs Maravich or the clueless noobs that try to defend it as if it's a real record.

Look, I enjoy watching Clark play. She's great and a must see if you're a basketball fan. Iowa is one of maybe two women's team I'll watch. But this is just another example of society literally ignoring reality and we've got to stop the insanity. The line must drawn here....no further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Try living in Iowa and having to deal w/ all the closet fans, it's exhausting!
            Do they still reminisce about 6-on-6 women's high school basketball? I think it went away in the mid 90's.

For those not familiar, each team had 6 players on the floor, 3 forwards and 3 guards. The forwards had to stay in their defensive half of the court and the guards had to stay in their offensive half.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I'm not sure which part of it is more annoying. The folks at ESPN and wherever else that keep tracking her points vs Maravich or the clueless noobs that try to defend it as if it's a real record.

Look, I enjoy watching Clark play. She's great and a must see if you're a basketball fan. Iowa is one of maybe two women's team I'll watch. But this is just another example of society literally ignoring reality and we've got to stop the insanity. The line must drawn here....no further.
              I think she IS a great shooter/scorer....she has brought attention to the women's game, which I have a soft spot for...but, come on...she shoots ALL the time, she has the 3 point line, she perhaps a solid, not epic defender

I have her behind Jackie Stiles....and WAAAAAY behind the ilk of Woodard, Miller, Swoopes...

Comment

• My dad has followed Iowa's mens and womens bball since I can remember (i'm 37)... He can name starting lineups from the 90s yet where as 90% of the new "fans" can't name players from 2 years ago...it's just annoying to me. If you aren't a fan when they aren't good, you can't all of a sudden puff your chest now.

Comment

My dad has followed Iowa's mens and womens bball since I can remember (i'm 37)... He can name starting lineups from the 90s yet where as 90% of the new "fans" can't name players from 2 years ago...it's just annoying to me. If you aren't a fan when they aren't good, you can't all of a sudden puff your chest now.
                  Well then. We are all well positioned to be REAL fans when the Shox are relevant again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Well then. We are all well positioned to be REAL fans when the Shox are relevant again.
                    Sooner rather then later please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I may be dead by then
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My dad has followed Iowa's mens and womens bball since I can remember (i'm 37)... He can name starting lineups from the 90s yet where as 90% of the new "fans" can't name players from 2 years ago...it's just annoying to me. If you aren't a fan when they aren't good, you can't all of a sudden puff your chest now.
                        I wonder if this also applies to a certain football team.

And if you really have been a longtime fan, I’m not talking to you.

But there have been lots of people who didn’t know the first thing about football back when Jovan Belcher did his thing but suddenly are authority experts now. I know that people come to the party at their own pace, but seriously.

78-65

Comment

If your first exposure to shocker hoops was just these last 2 years, would you be a shocker fan?

Comment

• South Florida has won its first regular season title in MBB. They are the 32nd best team in the country over their last ten games - legit good.

Comment

• Wake Forest is probably not going to make the tournament after losing to Virginia Tech today. I see some Wake fans are disgruntled with Steve Forbes.

Comment

• Can someone please tell K-State fans that unless they win the conference tournament, they now have zero chance of making the tournament? Your net is now like 80.

Comment

Working...
                                X