2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And how about comments like "FAU deserves to be in the top 15, regardless of what conference they're in."
    Surprised they have time to talk about anything besides Caleb Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Surprised they have time to talk about anything besides Caleb Love
      Caleb Love ended up missing multiple game winning shots as FAU wins

Comment

FAU vs Arizona is a great game

It's painful watching that we have two legit Top 25 teams in our league and it's largely irrelevant to us
        And of course when I say this, Memphis is struggling with 4-7 Vanderbilt

Comment

• Yeah, Love scores 25 on 26 shots, 3 boards, 1 assist. He gets talked about like he's the 2nd coming of Jordan. Davis scores 35 on 27 shots, with 9 boards, 3 assists. Who?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Yeah, Love scores 25 on 26 shots, 3 boards, 1 assist. He gets talked about like he's the 2nd coming of Jordan. Davis scores 35 on 27 shots, with 9 boards, 3 assists. Who?
            "It's Caleb Love time"

*Brick*

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              I absolutely LOVE watching FAU. They remind me of our 2012 team a lot. Deep, no surefire NBA players.

And Johnell Davis has a great old man game. Not overly athletic, but gets it done and is a bucket getter.
              Agree. They can outscore you in a track meet or beat your ass in a rock fight. Gutty and tough as hell.

going to be tempted to wear my OWL gear when they show up at the Chuck.

Comment

• Walton making his contribution: 2-10 FG, 0-6 from 3.

Comment

• Win or lose, this game is gonna hurt Memphis metrics especially at home. Vandy is NET 293

Comment

• Memphis fans beating their chest about a 2 pt home win over an "SEC team" is peak Memphis. Vandy is ranked just a few spots ahead of UTSA in the NET

Comment

Memphis fans beating their chest about a 2 pt home win over an "SEC team" is peak Memphis. Vandy is ranked just a few spots ahead of UTSA in the NET
                      Would be nice if we beat Memphis for once. I mean, bad for conference overall, but hey - **** em

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Would be nice if we beat Memphis for once. I mean, bad for conference overall, but hey - **** em
                        This year it doesn't really matter for us whether the conference is good

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Agree. They can outscore you in a track meet or beat your ass in a rock fight. Gutty and tough as hell.

going to be tempted to wear my OWL gear when they show up at the Chuck.
                          you have OWL gear?

Comment

This year it doesn't really matter for us whether the conference is good
                            And it isn't. It was thought that when all the CUSA teams got added their recruiting would get betterand they would become better teams. It
                            s way to early to make any judgements on that.

On the other hand is it possible that adding all those 200+ NET and KenPom teams will reduce the ability of the previous members to recruit at the level they had been recruiting?
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

And it isn't. It was thought that when all the CUSA teams got added their recruiting would get betterand they would become better teams. It
                              s way to early to make any judgements on that.

On the other hand is it possible that adding all those 200+ NET and KenPom teams will reduce the ability of the previous members to recruit at the level they had been recruiting?
                              3-4 of the 6 were good additions. Rice and UTSA were stupid additions. UAB is down this year but feel they are going to be good overall. Will the Good 3-4 be able to offset the really bad 2 or 3? Guess we will see long term.

That said, the rest of the legacy members outside of Memphis aren't exactly tearing it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you have OWL gear?
                                Old Woman Lingerie.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X