No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot meet kettle!!! I guess this is the early risers club!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Pot meet kettle!!! I guess this is the early risers club!
      I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't sleep so I decided to work. Took a break and started catching up on Shockernet, and there was a post from WuDrWu an hour earlier (it was 4:30am by the time I read that). At 5:30 I decided to try and nap but no luck, the 4am coffee was too potent. Now it's 6am and it's time to work, so ... MORE COFFEE!

And there ya have it, everything nobody wanted to know about my morning.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Memphis just got a horrible goal tending call in their favor to go up 1.
        That was a textbook goaltending.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• In other news, Tomlin is officially kicked off the KState team which should give us a bit more of a fighting chance here in a few weeks. It's also nice to know that other universities in Kansas also make some boneheaded mistakes when it comes to public relations and behind the scenes talks. KState fans are having a rough 24 hour stretch.
          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That was a textbook goaltending.
            Absolutely, it hit the backboard first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Absolutely, it hit the backboard first.
              I'm assuming this is in reference to Memphis game? Did they end up showing a review that showed the backboard? The first reviews they showed made it look perfectly clean and looked like he then spiked it off the backboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                In other news, Tomlin is officially kicked off the KState team which should give us a bit more of a fighting chance here in a few weeks. It's also nice to know that other universities in Kansas also make some boneheaded mistakes when it comes to public relations and behind the scenes talks. KState fans are having a rough 24 hour stretch.
                I'm not asking for anyone to do the research that I don't have the patience to do myself, but for anyone that already knows and can summarize WTF is going on in this fiasco, your input would be, by me, most appreciated.

What happened and why are KSU fans upset at the President and why do they think Tang is leaving?

Comment

• Tomlin not listed on their roster OR stats.............was he a starter and major contributor? Size ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'm not asking for anyone to do the research that I don't have the patience to do myself, but for anyone that already knows and can summarize WTF is going on in this fiasco, your input would be, by me, most appreciated.

What happened and why are KSU fans upset at the President and why do they think Tang is leaving?
                    Don't know specifics, but he apparently got into a fight at a Manhattan bar. KSU has never said much in detail, but I'm sure there are KSU people who know more as you know those in Manhattan have to have a lot more information.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Tomlin not listed on their roster OR stats.............was he a starter and major contributor? Size ?
                      He averaged 12.5 PPG, 2.0 BPG, and 1.5 SPG during their NCAA run last year. He hasn't played this year.

He started 36 games last year and averaged 10.4 PPG and 5.9 RPG.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There was an article in the Eagle today. Pretty much a nothing burger. No one really knows anything. There's no explanation of what "Disorderly Conduct" happened. Tang appeared to hedge when asked about Tomlin's return and it sounded like the situation was not within his realm of control. The rumor on campus is that the President blocked Tomlin's return to the team.

I've heard nothing about Tang rumored to be leaving
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The general drift i've gotten is. He got into a fight at a bar in Aggieville shortly before the season. Apparently swung at a bouncer ... hit a chick instead. Got arrested. Ended up filing for and getting a diversion on the whole thing. Both the AD and Tang were ready to reinstate him but the President overruled and booted him. As far as why Tang might leave .. apparently this President has a history of a power trip and also butted heads and overruled the Football coach so many are speculating that it could cause both Klieman and Tang to be more serious about accepting other offers if they are getting overruled on things.

Lots of heresay and rumors. Me personally, I don't have a problem with booting someone that gets into a bar fight right before the season. Its just a dumb unnecessary distraction for the team. That said, I also feel like its an AD/Coach Decision and not a university president decision. So they might have a Golden type situation going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The general drift i've gotten is. He got into a fight at a bar in Aggieville shortly before the season. Apparently swung at a bouncer ... hit a chick instead. Got arrested. Ended up filing for and getting a diversion on the whole thing. Both the AD and Tang were ready to reinstate him but the President overruled and booted him. As far as why Tang might leave .. apparently this President has a history of a power trip and also butted heads and overruled the Football coach so many are speculating that it could cause both Klieman and Tang to be more serious about accepting other offers if they are getting overruled on things.

Lots of heresay and rumors. Me personally, I don't have a problem with booting someone that gets into a bar fight right before the season. Its just a dumb unnecessary distraction for the team. That said, I also feel like its an AD/Coach Decision and not a university president decision. So they might have a Golden type situation going on.
                            This is pretty much it. Some nasty rumors surrounded him that aren't worth repeating but this also came within hours of Collin Klein leaving for Texas A&M. Those things together made KState fans have some panicked flashbacks to the days when the athletic program had no stability, so they ran with the idea that Tang would ultimately leave if this kept up and Avery Johnson would enter the football portal.

A lot of smoke, no real fire.

Tomlin was a key contributor to their squad last year.
                            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Apparently there is an NCAA rule that athletes who violate certain rules are referred to the President of the school rather than to the coach for reinstatement. This makes sense since coaches might be inclined to reinstate players for anything and everything.

Then there's KU, where the President reinstates players for anything and everything, but that doesn't happen at K-State. The fans are not happy. Students are scheduling on campus protests for the weekend.

The rumor that Tang may be leaving originated with a sports talk guy on 610 out of KC speculating about how Tang might react to Linton (KSU Prez) taking basketball decisions out of his hands. There are also rumors that Linton has overruled Kileman on some FB issues. It's a little messy in Manhattan.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Watch KU swoop him up...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X