Chadrack Lufile: Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I have no doubt that Early will play SOME 4 if/when needed. But I don't see him being part of the "regular" rotation inside. He'll do more for us at the 3 than the 4 and that's where we need him as much as possible.
    Early would play the 4 more like a 3. Kyle Wilson did this quite well with his 3 pt shot and it work successfully for the Shocks. Forcing a big man to go out and guard his (or Early's) 3 pt shot while letting Miller (Hall/Lufile/EO) work one on one inside. Early would also have one advantage over Wilson in that he would play the 4 postion as a true 3 because he has the foot speed/quickness to drive.

Comment

Match-ups will play a big part of our look at the 3 and 4. Many Valley teams play small at the 3 and 4, which would give Cleanthony more time at PF.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

If Early can handle a 6'4" guy on D, he's a terror for the 6'4" guy when the Shox have the ball.

Wilson and Howard more or less switched the roles of the PF and SF. The way they played the game, it seemed that Wilson was the SF and Howard was the PF.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hall, Early, and Wiggins playing the 3, 4, and 5 against Valley teams that don't have a true center on the floor. I suspect Orukpe and Lufile will combine to get fouls on any true center in the Valley. CU has a legitimate backup at center, but they're about the only team with a backup.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

They're about the only team with even 1 legitimate center.

Comment

Defense at all positions will be a strength. We have it all covered. Marshall will demand it for any and all players who play. In additon, transition offense will be a given.

On the other hand, 1/2 court offense will be...............
            Well, we'll just have to wait and see how Marshall creates spacing and chemistry. The talent is there but it'll be a much larger challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              They're about the only team with even 1 legitimate center.
              Guys listed at Center in the Valley

Bradley - 2
              Will Egolf - 6'9" 235
              Nate Wells - 7'1" 240

Creighton - 3
              Greg Echinique - 6'9" 270
              Will Artino - 6'11" 225
              Geoff Grosell - 7' 250

Drake - 2
              Seth VanDeest - 6'11" 260
              Robert Puleikis - 6'10" 215

Evansville - 3 (it's a stretch to call these centers and I don't have info on new players)
              Ryan Sawvell - 6'8" 200
              Jaylon Moore - 6'7" 230
              Rokas Cesnulevicius - 6'8" 215

Illinois State - 1
              Jordan Threloff - 6'10 255

Indiana State - 2
              Mike Samuels - 6'11" 265
              Justin Gant - 6'8" 210

Missouri State - 0 (unless they have incoming)

Northern Iowa - 1
              Austin Pehl - 6'10" 250

Southern Illinois - 0 (only have 3 listed as F)

Wichita State - 3
              Ehimen Orukpe - 7' 255
              Carl Hall - 6'8" 240
              Chadrack Lufile - 6'9" 260

The possible legit guys on this list would be Echinique, Artino, VanDeest, Threloff, Orukpe, Hall and Lufile. I don't know anything about Samuels but he has good size.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm starting to change my mind about Lufile. At first, I said something about him maybe not being as big of a deal as Early and Wiggins, but after looking at his work ethic and his size, I'm starting to get just as excited. I love what he said in that eyewitness sports interview (over on another thread). He looks like he came to play hard and has some intensity to him. Bring it on.

Comment

Did you watch his thirty minute workout video, DJ?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Guys listed at Center in the Valley

Bradley - 2
                    Will Egolf - 6'9" 235
                    Nate Wells - 7'1" 240

Creighton - 3
                    Greg Echinique - 6'9" 270
                    Will Artino - 6'11" 225
                    Geoff Grosell - 7' 250

Drake - 2
                    Seth VanDeest - 6'11" 260
                    Robert Puleikis - 6'10" 215

Evansville - 3 (it's a stretch to call these centers and I don't have info on new players)
                    Ryan Sawvell - 6'8" 200
                    Jaylon Moore - 6'7" 230
                    Rokas Cesnulevicius - 6'8" 215

Illinois State - 1
                    Jordan Threloff - 6'10 255

Indiana State - 2
                    Mike Samuels - 6'11" 265
                    Justin Gant - 6'8" 210

Missouri State - 0 (unless they have incoming)

Northern Iowa - 1
                    Austin Pehl - 6'10" 250

Southern Illinois - 0 (only have 3 listed as F)

Wichita State - 3
                    Ehimen Orukpe - 7' 255
                    Carl Hall - 6'8" 240
                    Chadrack Lufile - 6'9" 260

The possible legit guys on this list would be Echinique, Artino, VanDeest, Threloff, Orukpe, Hall and Lufile. I don't know anything about Samuels but he has good size.
                    Nice summary, Sub. I might add one thing about Creighton. I don't follow recruiting that much, so I don't even know how highly regarded this guy is, nor do I know much else. That said, I do have a nephew that attends Creighton, he follows this stuff and knows all of the players very well. I also have nephews attending Drake, Bradley and another playing biddy ball at North Dakota State. Anyway, he told me that the big to really watch for Creighton would be Geof Grosell. I can't tell you much about him other than he red shirted last year and is a legit 7'er. From what my nephew has said, Grosell red shirted because there was enough depth in the post and Artino is really a combo 4-5, while Grosell is a pure center. Last year was a rare opportunity where Creighton had the luxury to sit a true big and develop him over a year of practice. I am told that Grosell is bigger, stronger, much more physical and quicker than Artino. That said, Artino really never impressed me last year and I probably would have excluded him from your list of legit centers, but then again, that is just my opinion, Artino could be a world beater and I'm just an idiot that is down on a quality player.

On the other hand, I did hear of a minor incident where Grosell got in a bit of trouble. He didn't break the law, fail classes or do anything really bad, I won't even tell anyone what happened, other than it was very minor. That said, it didn't impress me with his judgment and decision making.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I'm gonna go with "boy". You ain't a "man" 'til you have proved your skeelz in your first D1 game. That said, I'd hate to piss this guy off.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Nice summary, Sub. I might add one thing about Creighton. I don't follow recruiting that much, so I don't even know how highly regarded this guy is, nor do I know much else. That said, I do have a nephew that attends Creighton, he follows this stuff and knows all of the players very well. I also have nephews attending Drake, Bradley and another playing biddy ball at North Dakota State. Anyway, he told me that the big to really watch for Creighton would be Geof Grosell. I can't tell you much about him other than he red shirted last year and is a legit 7'er. From what my nephew has said, Grosell red shirted because there was enough depth in the post and Artino is really a combo 4-5, while Grosell is a pure center. Last year was a rare opportunity where Creighton had the luxury to sit a true big and develop him over a year of practice. I am told that Grosell is bigger, stronger, much more physical and quicker than Artino. That said, Artino really never impressed me last year and I probably would have excluded him from your list of legit centers, but then again, that is just my opinion, Artino could be a world beater and I'm just an idiot that is down on a quality player.

On the other hand, I did hear of a minor incident where Grosell got in a bit of trouble. He didn't break the law, fail classes or do anything really bad, I won't even tell anyone what happened, other than it was very minor. That said, it didn't impress me with his judgment and decision making.
                        Fair enough. I've heard a number of good things about Grosell and expect him to be a factor at some point. I've seen more talk about Artino coming from the few instances I've seen CU fans talk so I went with that. I also almost put Egolf on the list just because he has legit size. But I don't think anyone expects much out of him.

Needless to say, the next few years look pretty good for CU with Grosell and Artino. Would like to see WSU bring in a FR big next year.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I'm gonna go with "boy". You ain't a "man" 'til you have proved your skeelz in your first D1 game. That said, I'd hate to piss this guy off.
                          I am going to have to call BS on that one O' Grand Master @Kung Wu: until you have delivered the message face to face and in person, man-to-boy so to speak. May your recovery be swift and full.

Comment

Stats of Recruits

I posted this in April, but have added Lufile and Holland to the spreadsheet. Lufile did not start at the beginning of the year, but did after about 6-8 games into the season. The minutes played are not available for all games, but at the end of the season, he was playing 23-27minutes.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Good job on the stats! 2 things stand out. Early for averaging 24ppg, is a all around busy player. Rebounds, blocks! Wiggins on the other hand will need to be more involved.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I am going to have to call BS on that one O' Grand Master @Kung Wu: until you have delivered the message face to face and in person, man-to-boy so to speak. May your recovery be swift and full.
                                Hahaha, fair enough. But this ain't boxin' and being big and heavy isn't good enough -- he's gotta show those skeelz in the heady D1 level. If our fingers are crossed tight enough I bet he steps right in and gets it done. I hope so!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X