Chadrack Lufile: Man or Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadrack Lufile: Man or Boy?

I haven't seen this dude play yet. What is the profile on him?

We have him for two years right?

How does his mobility compare to Blair?

How does his footwork (post moves) compare to Durley?

Is he skinny, muscled, or...?

Does he prefer the backboard or dunk?

Does he go for the block?

Good hands or made of concrete?

Is he mean?

T

...:cool:

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    I haven't seen this dude play yet. What is the profile on him?

We have him for two years right? Correct

How does his mobility compare to Blair? He played soccer and likes to run. I'd guess he's good.

How does his footwork (post moves) compare to Durley? Supposed to be fairly good.

Is he skinny, muscled, or...? He's 6'9" 255. Definitely not skinny

Does he prefer the backboard or dunk? Don't know.

Does he go for the block? I believe so.

Good hands or made of concrete? Can't tell ya.

Is he mean? ​Don't know

T

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He's smelly, I think you'll like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpm9THgNqBM (28min)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE2JuKWJI8U (2min)
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Dude is 6'9",255 BEFORE D1 workouts begin for him and likes to run. What in the world is that going to look like!? Pretty exciting from a defensive angle. If he has decent touch that will be great. From trop's articles and blog it sounds like he is still learning basketball too because he started later than he could have. He may have a high ceiling that remains to be seen once he gets into Marshall's superb coaching. I love everything about this year. Dying for basketball over here...

Comment

I feel like at all positions, hands down, there will be no better defensive team in the valley this year. I hope cu averages a billion points on the year and then scores like 50 every time they play us

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            I hear your smelly.

But do you think he can play retina-detaching defense against a BJ-loving power forward from Nebraska?

T

Comment

I personally would like us to start a lineup of Armstead, Wiggins, and Early in the back court with Lufile and Orukpe down low this season just to see the faces of the Valley opposition at tip-off.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                I personally would like us to start a lineup of Armstead, Wiggins, and Early in the back court with Lufile and Orukpe down low this season just to see the faces of the Valley opposition at tip-off.

T

You seem to be missing the reports that Hall is even more cut this year than last year and the players say he's the nastiest guy on the court in the pickup games. Hall has the potential to be the "Wesley Unseld" of Valley PF's this year. Unseld was a "get out of my way or get hurt" player.

Lufile is 6'9" and 255, which is a big body. He loves to run because of his soccer background.

The best news I've heard about Lufile is that he's only played basketball a couple of years. That means he has a lot of room to grow. 13 and 8 in JuCo for a 6'9", 255 guy is underwhelming. If Lufile was near his ceiling, that would translate to probably 8 and 6 for a full-time guy in D1. That's not what I'd expect from a guy his size who can run the floor. Since Lufile is still in his learning curve, I have better expectations.

My expectation for Lufile is that he will be a legitimate minute-eater this year and looks like a contributor next year.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I will not be disappointed if White and Lufile start underneith in 2013.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I suppose you could redshirt Chadrack.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Respectfully speaking...it makes no sense.

Comment

If he didn't start playing till he was 16 and if we don't have minutes for him this coming season, it does.

Comment

Respectfully speaking... Looking at our lack of bigs after this year (assuming the rumors on Hawkins and Uwadiae are true) it is an interesting proposition.

Comment

If he didn't start playing till he was 16 and if we don't have minutes for him this coming season, it does.
                            How do you not have minutes for him. Hall can't play 40 minutes at the 5 and EO certainly hasn't proved he can handle the backup minutes needed. Chadrack WILL NOT redshirt.

Comment

Probably good for him, but not so good for the team, which is something we've seen before (i.e., Stutz when he arrived). The only apparent ways it could work for the team would be if (a) Orukpe, Hall, White, and Early when needed, can cover all 80 minutes a game at the 4-5 spots, or (b) the coaches would be willing to commit to playing a lot of lineups with one inside (presumably Hall and Orukpe, with emergency help from White or Early) and four outside.

Considering the depth and quality WSU has at the non-post spots, (b) might actually be plausible, but even last year when they were much more experienced (although also smaller) at 1-3, they didn't do it every night all night, and at that point they also had Blair. The returning bigs would have to have made quite a bit of progress for that to be something we could expect to see -- and maybe they have, plus Early knows how to play inside if necessary. On the other hand, there are nights when someone's going to be out, or off his game, and it would be surprising if Marshall were willing to make the all-out commitment to that style necessary to redshirt Lufile.

Comment

Working...
                              X