No announcement yet.

Non conference scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwiw Friends is a total mess right now even for an NAIA. I played there and have been following their coaching situation and it’s been a more impressive dumpster fire than ours post-Faber
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't know about disgusting, but it's not sexy.

Lipsomb is a solid game
      Western Kentucky is a solid game
      Myrtle Beach is a solid tournament
      Norfolk State could be a solid game
      Richmond is a solid game
      Missouri is a good game
      South Dakota State could be a solid game
      SIU isn't much of a game
      KSU should be a good game
      KU is a good game

Schedule strength should be pretty solid. Name recognition for the average fan isn't much.

We should win our home games, but losing one or two isn't out of the realm of possibility. The games outside of Wichita could get unpleasant. I don't remember exactly how the MTE lines up.
      It’s not bad numbers wise but I’m not sure I care about playing any of these programs except Missouri and KU. Not saying I won’t attend or watch but not jammed I care about. Miss the Oklahoma schools and our other long term series.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm just going off the last 4 years of schedules at Oral Roberts. One doesn't bother me either .. especially this year. If we start getting multiple .. I won't be happy.
        Why in the world would you compare scheduling at ORU with scheduling at WSU? It’s not even close to comparable.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Last year, parts of the upper deck were closed for OSU. They legit might have to completely close the entire upper level for this one.
          Guaranteed.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              "This will be a challenging schedule"

Are we assuming that any schedule would be challenging for this roster? I know it's a new coach and a basically a new roster.

There are nine games I hope we're good enough/ organized enough to win. Didn't we draw a couple of low ranked teams in the first 2 games at Myrtle Beach?

Comment

• “Why Wichita State has a more challenging non-conference schedule than you think.”

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Pretty solid set up. Nice tune up game and then potentially 2 Q2 games. Charleston could be a fringe Q1/Q2 game.

Comment

• Entire Bracket:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Entire Bracket:

Optimal path, based on preseason projections, would be Coastal-Liberty-Charleston. WSU is the #3 team in the tournament (behind Liberty and Charleson) based on Bart Torvik projections.

Comment

• If Coastal can just not completely suck this season and get above 240 in NET, our game with them could be a Q3 since they are hosting this tournament, thus making our first game a true road game.

It seems like when we played Hawaii during Christmas 2014 event, that game was treated like a road game as opposed to a neutral game.

Not that there is any big difference between Q3 and Q4, but it just looks better.
                          78-65

Comment

• Oh no ... Furman looming.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I am not sure I will be putting down any of our opponents this year, at least not before we play them. As Shock Top posted in another thread that, while he thinks this year Shockers have some upside, growing pains can be expected. And often those pains come form the most unexpected sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Oh no ... Furman looming.

Yep. They have the greatest basketball coach of all time. How can the Shox even hope to be on the same court. Ol 76er must be creamin his shorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X