Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    So there was some kind of event last night? How was attendance? Anybody go?
    My son and I went. Maybe 300-400 in attendance. I believe all the scholarship players were there. Coach Mills is very outgoing and personable. I can see how his personality would be a selling point. He did expound how he accepted the Greece tour from K State. K State had already paid for the trip before they accepted an all expenses paid trip to Israel.

Comment

• So did he answer any questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
        So did he answer any questions?
        Yes, did he tell everyone who he was recruiting and what he had for dinner with the recruits when he visited their homes and what he wore and who he is recruiting for the next five years. WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

Comment

• The story was referenced during his interview with KWCH, but I do enjoy referring to Paul Mills as "The Villain".

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yes, did he tell everyone who he was recruiting and what he had for dinner with the recruits when he visited their homes and what he wore and who he is recruiting for the next five years. WE NEED TO KNOW!!!
            No, we don't NEED TO KNOW, we just want to know. We also don't NEED TO GO.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

No, we don't NEED TO KNOW, we just want to know. We also don't NEED TO GO.
              You are right in both cases.

Comment

• Is that the new: "Wolves don't care about the opinions of sheep"?
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Is that the new: "Wolves don't care about the opinions of sheep"?
                  Haha… apparently. HCPM was addressing a sports publication referencing him as a villain.

Comment

• New Athletic article about Paul Mills.

After winning big at Oral Roberts, Mills was hired this spring to bring the Shockers back into national relevance.

Comment

• I thought CJ Moore did a great job, as always.

Most interesting tidbit I found in the article - out of the six official practices WSU has had so far, four have been started late due to one or more players being tardy. Candy wrappers left on the floor in the locker room...these guys are gonna get whipped into shape by Mills.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                        New Athletic article about Paul Mills.

https://theathletic.com/4656060/2023...ls-basketball/
                        Good ****. Enjoyed reading about the 3-point shooting scheming.

Comment

• Mills appears far more analytical and calculated than his predecessor

Comment

• Gotta say, looking forward to seeing some pretty and efficient offensive basketball
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              Gotta say, looking forward to seeing some pretty and efficient offensive basketball
                              Hopefully we show up to the games on time

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                                New Athletic article about Paul Mills.

https://theathletic.com/4656060/2023...ls-basketball/
                                Some really good nuggets in there and some "oof" nuggets (starting practices late, locker room being a mess over the summer, "Wichita State’s roster is still not quite strong enough to compete for a league championship") but overall those "oof" nuggets should be easy enough fixes (outside of the roster talent, that's a little harder).

As others have stated, I'm looking forward to some pretty offense.

Wonder who the player in Greece is that he was thinking about going and visiting ... "Last Monday, Mills was considering a spur-of-the-moment trip to Greece to see a player who could help the Shockers this season."

Comment

Working...
                                X