Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I have to say that seems like a pretty solid hire considering the circumstances and timing.
    I agree. Mizzou fans weren't super high on Hollender, and Cleveland is very well-connected to recruiting in Arkansas and the surrounding area. Not sure of Cleveland's X and O chops, but HCPM seems to have an abundance of basketball knowledge so I'm less worried about that than I was with FHCIB.
    Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; July 6, 2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• I'll say it again ... 2024/25 could be a monster year.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Did I read on here somewhere that there might be a pg from Greece we are recruiting that might be able to help us round out this roster?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Here is a Shocker memory highlight of A. Carr to remember.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Did I read on here somewhere that there might be a pg from Greece we are recruiting that might be able to help us round out this roster?
            CJ Moore closed his Athletic article with that little nugget after Mills said he only has one star going into next year (Pohto) and maybe a second but no idea who the third is (needs 3).

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Did I read on here somewhere that there might be a pg from Greece we are recruiting that might be able to help us round out this roster?
              I assume you are referring to this final paragraph in the recent The Athletic article by C.J. Moore:

There will be time to get to know the city. Last Monday, Mills was considering a spur-of-the-moment trip to Greece to see a player who could help the Shockers this season. He spent Tuesday calling a player still available in the portal and the rest of that afternoon talking to high school recruits, parents and coaches. Schemes and details are important, but Wichita State needs players — preferably in that top right quadrant.
              Not much to go on. No mention what position this player played nor has their been any indication of any follow up on this one way or the other. Pretty thin gruel to satisfy our hunger for information. But with the Shocks heading to Greece on August 1 who knows what might be cooking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I'll say it again ... 2024/25 could be a monster year.
                Could be. It will definitely be a pivotal year. Just hope retention is good this year and we kick A$$ next year. Would do wonders for HCPM recruiting future.

Comment

• Worth a second look. I know many of us were initially luke-warm with the Paul Mills hire. I’m now totally on board!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Hopefully, we’ll give him a warm welcome and return the ‘magic’ to Charles Koch Arena…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I would like to give him a laurel, and hearty handshake.
                      Last edited by ABC; July 9, 2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        I would like to give me a laurel, and hearty handshake.
                        Wonderful.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

You can find it on the VB board but since you asked.

From memory:
                          CL has not won an AAC championship since his MVC recruited players won in 2017
                          CL has not made the NCAA tournament since 2017

Seems someone that smart in coaching and developing fine tuned coaching processes should win more than just 1 conf championship since 2017.

CL needs to win this year or show tremendous progress building on last year or he’ll be placing helium filled balloons in another arena measuring HVAC draft impact to serves.

One can counter or spin like a top all they want but the guy is not winning championshipS at the AAC level

Therefore…HCPM might be very studious and highly fine tuned in his coaching philosophy but I hope he brings more championships and/or NCAA tournaments than CL has in the past 5 years.
                          Thank you for explaining!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

To be fair molly jabali I think it's safe to say most people love Lambo.

Some people view volleyball through, roughly, the same prism they view men's basketball for instance. And that's certainly their prerogative. They see previous successes from the Volleyball program and compared to the current state, it's certainly a step backwards. How big a step backwards, well, your mileage may vary, and again, that is everyone's own prerogative.

Since hosting in 2017, the program has missed the NCAAs 5 straight seasons. Certainly the expectations are to be better. Some people believe that Lambo's best days are behind him and a change should be made, others (like me for instance) believe improvements and changes have been made and that Lambo remains the best person overall to run this program. Both points have merit.

But from your vantage point as a casual observer, yes, most folks at this point in time still support, fairly strongly, Lambo.
                            Thank you, good friend

Comment

• What's the matter buddy, can't you hack it?

No bearing on your post, it just reminded me of this old saying.

Comment

• After reading the Athletic article it is hard not to believe there is nothing Mills can't accomplish here. I particularly like this quote.

Mills lives by an old Homer Drew line: “Recruiting is like shaving. Got to do it every day.” Guess that wasn't a GM original after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X