Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both #1's going down

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Crazy how all the 1 and 2 seeds could be out before the Elite Eight
        The Assman

Comment

• Our tourney funds from Houston are about to forever dry up.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Random question here...Watching UH completely unravel against the U.
            Are those who were clamoring for Sampson Jr. still feel he was the best guy for the WSU job?
            Just wondering...

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Screw Pack and his NIL deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                Screw Pack and his NIL deal.
                Best team money can buy! And buy they did.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Go Princeton

Comment

• The Tigers are on fire and ahead 37-33.

Comment

• Creighton ahead 47-43 at half.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                        Random question here...Watching UH completely unravel against the U.
                        Are those who were clamoring for Sampson Jr. still feel he was the best guy for the WSU job?
                        Just wondering...

That is all.
                        I wanted Sampson as my third choice behind jans and griffin. Like many of us, we weren't aware of many other coaches out there.
                        I believe that the folks with the search firm did a great job getting names for ADKS and ADKS did a fantastic job picking the right guy.
                        That's why he was hired and we were not. I'm quite happy with the new coach.

Comment

• Two things we have learned this tournament:

The Committee has worked to keep all the money in the Power 5 leagues. Match ups are done to eliminate non-P5 schools as quickly as possible.

The Committee has also proven that they know little about college basketball nor did much homework. Their plan has backfired because they assumed the teams from the Power 5 would rise to the occasion.

Why was the committee so bad?

In recent years, through realignment, the bigger leagues scooped up the schools that invested heavily in football/basketball. Wichita State made it to the AAC because of this. Removing money from lower leagues increased the revenue gap between the have and have nots.

The plan was perfect, but then they went too far. NIL and free transfers was supposed to turn those have nots into feeders of the best student athletes to the Power 5 schools. Instead, we have returned to a time similar to the start of the “1 and done” policy.

The non-Power 5 schools are keeping steady rosters and building teams vs building talent. I go back to a quote attributed to Herb Brooks in ‘Miracle’. “It wasn’t because they weren’t good enough. All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The Soviets win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team.”

Wichita State, under Paul Mills can close the gap with the Power 5 schools very quickly. If we get behind them, give them the resources, and show up to make the players feel at home. Reach out to ADKS, ask how you can help.

A 16 beat a 1 for second time in history. A 15 made the Sweet 16. Not a single #1 seed made the Elite 8. Only one #2 seed made the Elite 8. The timing is perfect, and I believe we have the right AD and the right basketball coach to make this rise back to the top.

Geaux Shox!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Two things we have learned this tournament:

The Committee has worked to keep all the money in the Power 5 leagues. Match ups are done to eliminate non-P5 schools as quickly as possible.

The Committee has also proven that they know little about college basketball nor did much homework.
                              Absolutely!
                              "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                Crazy that either K-State or FAU will be in the final four. Sucks though…that means we’re clearly the 3rd place D1 basketball school in the state.
                                I know schools and conferences share somewhat in the ncaa revenue from the tournament. But will the schools that are jumping conferences be revenue sharing with their current league? Guessing this is the case, and they wouldn't revenue share with the conference they might be in at the time of payment.

Comment

Working...
                                X