• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDU is feisty
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• See ya' Baylor. Wouldn't wanna be ya' Balyor...

Comment

• 66 seconds left. I believe FAU is up 7 with the ball.

The FDU run is on the ropes
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Drew Timme dropped the f bomb on national TV today with no remorse. Look, I get that you have emotions after the game. Totally fine. Save the cursing for your locker room. Another reason for me to dislike the guy. At least the FAU player who did it seemed apologetic.

I want to be able to take my kids to as many sporting events as possible, and it amazes me how many people feel comfortable cursing in casual conversation with people they’ve never met or around children in general, especially at sporting events. I have experienced tons of emotions during a game, but nothing that would make me curse around strangers or children.

I realize this is a “get off my lawn” type thing, but man, it irks me.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Drew Timme dropped the f bomb on national TV today with no remorse. Look, I get that you have emotions after the game. Totally fine. Save the cursing for your locker room. Another reason for me to dislike the guy. At least the FAU player who did it seemed apologetic.

I want to be able to take my kids to as many sporting events as possible, and it amazes me how many people feel comfortable cursing in casual conversation with people they’ve never met or around children in general, especially at sporting events. I have experienced tons of emotions during a game, but nothing that would make me curse around strangers or children.

Absolutely correct. Kids have way too many examples of bad behavior and not enough examples of good behavior.. Good role models are rare these days. NCAA should impose fines and or game suspensions for bad behavior.

Comment

• The Big 12 kind of flamed out in the tournament this year. Only KSU and Texas left in the S16.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Drew Timme dropped the f bomb on national TV today with no remorse. Look, I get that you have emotions after the game. Totally fine. Save the cursing for your locker room. Another reason for me to dislike the guy. At least the FAU player who did it seemed apologetic.

I'd kind of like to know more opinions on this...we have a 2 month old at home now, and my wife is constantly yelling at me for swearing, and to me it's not a big deal at all and basically a normal part of language these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I'd kind of like to know more opinions on this...we have a 2 month old at home now, and my wife is constantly yelling at me for swearing, and to me it's not a big deal at all and basically a normal part of language these days.
                  I think it is all situational. Go to a UFC event, I expect there to be a bunch of swearing and wouldn't pay much attention to it. Go to a baseball game and I am more aware of my surroundings and will watch my language.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Do you want your first grade kid to swear? Kids emulate their parents.

Comment

My co-worker and I were talking about this today. DT said it so fast that both of us admitted to thinking, "Wait, did he really just say what I think he did?"
                      78-65

Comment

• My first realization that little ears are listening was a time where I was going east on K-96, exiting on Rock to go to Sam's. As I was going through the intersection, my car died. Fortunately, I put it in neutral, got the car restarted, and got to Sam's without any further incident at the time. (Later, I found that my car had some further issues that needed repaired, though not germane to this conversation).

Whenever my car engine cut off, I said under my breath, "Aww $#!+!" I proceed to hear my toddler son in the backseat repeat that phrase. Oops. My wife wasn't too happy with me when I shared that story later. Live and learn.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          The Big 12 kind of flamed out in the tournament this year. Only KSU and Texas left in the S16.
                          For as many tope 25 teams the Big 12 seems to have every year, this seems to happen a lot, doesn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

For as many tope 25 teams the Big 12 seems to have every year, this seems to happen a lot, doesn't it?
                            Like most power 5 , over rated. Unlike other conferences which are under rated. The selection system favors P5 to the 3rd degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Do you want your first grade kid to swear? Kids emulate their parents.
                              Call me guilty. I’ve let one slip in front of our children…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I really don't have that big of a problem with Drew Timme dropping F-bombs. I just really struggle trying to watch him play and not confusing him with Ben Stiller. f5909fb5-14db-4998-823a-9402ca762931_1140x641.jpgben-stiller-2.jpg
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X