No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like they have resorted to open try outs for the last two spots.

Note: it's a joke.. don't shoot me

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        Wichita State and questionable eligibility transfers. Like peanut butter and jelly.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• So - Jaron Pierre. Did I just miss some team picking him up, or is he still in the portal? That would get embarrassing after a while, I’d think.

Comment

• I asked a couple of weeks ago…. I’m kind of stunned he has not landed

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Eligibility questions go beyond just being a 2nd time transfer, some buzz he could be involved in the Iowa State gambling scandal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

Eligibility questions go beyond just being a 2nd time transfer, some buzz he could be involved in the Iowa State gambling scandal.
                It's also very difficult to come back from a torn Achilles in basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  I asked a couple of weeks ago…. I’m kind of stunned he has not landed
                  When you take everything into account - it’s not really stunning at all.

The fact that posters on here held Mills “inability” to get him to come back to Wichita was / is ridiculous.

There’s lots of reasons why he is not on a roster right now.

And that’s all because of JP.

Comment

• Re JP.......I don't know about anything other than talent level and that is pretty darned good

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

When you take everything into account - it’s not really stunning at all.

The fact that posters on here held Mills “inability” to get him to come back to Wichita was / is ridiculous.

There’s lots of reasons why he is not on a roster right now.

And that’s all because of JP.
                      Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        Re JP.......I don't know about anything other than talent level and that is pretty darned good
                        Same. He's athletically gifted and gave us a glimmer of what his upperclassman potential will look like toward the end of the season. And it was good. I have no idea what's between the ears though.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Same. He's athletically gifted and gave us a glimmer of what his upperclassman potential will look like toward the end of the season. And it was good. I have no idea what's between the ears though.
                          Probably the most gifted athlete on the team other than CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Probably the most gifted athlete on the team other than CP.
                            Too streaky. I would take Jaykwon every day over JP.

Comment

• Pierre was the one guy I really didn't care to see come back. He's athletically gifted, but he's not a great basketball player and I get the feeling he's probably not the best teammate either, but that's just based on observations through the TV screen.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Too streaky. I would take Jaykwon every day over JP.
                                Yeah, Jaykwon was more talented (not as gifted athletically, but had better BBIQ). Not sure why he checked out mentally toward the end of the season?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X