X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Fair statement .. just was expecting more out of Mills than IB .. for right or wrong.
      What month did we find out that Jaykwon Walton (our best player was most likely between JW and Craig Porter) would be coming to Wichita? IOW, we don’t know yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It takes some significant workarounds to get an international student like Kenny NIL money. I believe it has to earned outside the US for starters.
        CCH, in the old Pizza Hut building on Douglas near Webb does around $500 mill in sales a year and is owned by Wolters-Kluwer, which is a European corporation. CCH/Wolers-Kluwer hasn't been known to do anything related to the community where they are located.

There have to be other international corporations in Wichita.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Will Congress get involved? They (Senate iirc) threatened to so something several weeks ago, if the NCAA didn’t do something to solve the problem. Bad thing is that they may not have time with everything else going on.

Comment

Curious why you chose his freshman numbers when he's been there for 4 years. My biggest concern is his career numbers are pretty average. Especially percentage wise.

For reference
            GP MIN FG% 3p% FT% REB AST TO PTS
            Freshman 31 19.9 40 22 74 2.3 2.3 2.2 7.2
            Soph 19 28.7 33 15 40 4.5 3.3 2.7 6.7
            Junior 4 9.3 14.3 0 0 1.8 1.3 .5 .5
            Senior 37 12.2 46 31 80 1.2 1.2 .8 3.5
            Career 91 18 38.9 22.1 63.4 2.3 2.0 1.7 5.3
            Junior year you can throw out due to the sample size before the injury but in a career he's averaged 20 min a game, 5.3 pts and shot pretty poorly (38/22/63).

He might end up being really good, but there is nothing in his actual history that says that's likely right now.

Listen, I'm glad he's on the team, he's a high upside get .. I'll agree with that, we just really need a couple proven people to transfer in. Right now our team is full of people that have shown they are solid bench players at best. (Rogers TBD).
            Only chose it to show his potential…. The soph year wasn’t as good offensively but better defensively, junior year a wash (injury;) and 4th year a wash as well. Injured until the beginning of the year and hence came in out of both physical and game shape. His coach said he didn’t get his basketball shape and game back until Jan this year. Re watched the entire Uconn Miami game from 2 weeks ago and he’s back to full strength. Had a 3 , a highlight reel dunk, & a nice steal and layup. That’s all I needed to see to feel comfortable about next year with a bigger role in a weaker conference.

Comment

• I think our NIL for women’s soccer will be mind blowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It takes some significant workarounds to get an international student like Kenny NIL money. I believe it has to earned outside the US for starters.
                Saavy. Thanks for the info (meant this for TrackSuitAndTie’s Beverly defense/intangibles stats post.

Comment

• In regards to Beverly I am most excited about his defense. Not everyone needs to score 20 pts a game. Mills himself said what we will love the most is his ability to defend multiple positions. What he will likely bring wont always show up on a stat sheet. I would take another Tekele Cotton (defense minded and let other people do most of the scoring) any day. Not saying he will rise to a Tekele level. But man, I do like having a defensive stopper on the team!!!
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 1436 in the portal as of this evening

Comment

• There are some good Juco players still out there, guys that could help immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Does Bilas have no control over the people at his network?!?!?!

Can't have all these stupid decenters around you Jay!!!
                        The Assman

Comment

Fair statement .. just was expecting more out of Mills than IB .. for right or wrong.
                          He was hired on 3/22/23. What exactly do you expect him to have done in three weeks that he hasn't?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What month did we find out that Jaykwon Walton (our best player was most likely between JW and Craig Porter) would be coming to Wichita? IOW, we don’t know yet.
                              There was very little buzz on Walton until the season started.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He was hired on 3/22/23. What exactly do you expect him to have done in three weeks that he hasn't?
                                I expected him to have at least 1 for sure starter level player on the roster 3 weeks into the job. Whether that was a returning player or portal player. As of right now we don't have one.

Comment

Working...
                                X