The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Texas G Arterio Morris is entering the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/arterio-morris
    Former McD AA. Would love to have a chance at this guy.

Comment

• One thing I do like about Beverly likely becoming a Shocker is it’s pretty clear he decided he’s coming here before entering the portal. He entered today & Slater who has very good sources seems to be indicating he will be committing Thursday. Back channeling shows some aggression and ruthlessness on the recruiting trail, and I understand that many don’t like that it’s a thing now in CBB, but it’s a good sign that our coach is willing to do it in this era, imo.

Comment

• Also, sounds like it’s a matter of time before Adama Sanogo hits the portal & Memphis is probably going to be a big time player, they have his former AAU coach on staff…

Comment

Texas G Arterio Morris is entering the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/arterio-morris
          didn't he have issues with the law, that is still unresolved?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

didn't he have issues with the law, that is still unresolved?
            Appears so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              I remember everyone here just absolutely shitting on James Rojas as a has-been-cant-play-AAC guy. And he turned into a pretty nice piece.

I’ll stay skeptical of posters complaining about us picking up former top-75 recruits.
              Rojas was a decent player on a middle of the road AAC team. Is this what we should be settling for?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don’t trust the crystal ball prediction quite yet (those predictions flip fairly often) but heck yah we would want that guy. Dude just scored 7 points this month in the final 4 against UCONN and can jump out the gym. Productive first 2 yrs pre injury ; took a year to recover back into basketball shape. Moves around the court like Alterique Gilbert and hops like an NBA playa.

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
                  Also, sounds like it’s a matter of time before Adama Sanogo hits the portal & Memphis is probably going to be a big time player, they have his former AAU coach on staff…
                  Not happy at a school who just won a national title and probably has good NIL money??

The portal is wild..
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post
                    Only one away game on there.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Rojas was a decent player on a middle of the road AAC team. Is this what we should be settling for?
                      Rojas was a top-20ish player in the conference in quite a few analytical categories.

Also, that’s not the point.

Many on this board acted as if he would not contribute and were pretty over the top meh-to-disgruntled on the signing. I do not believe a lot of those reactions were proved correct or accurate.

He was a fine signing. Certainly a player who played and helped at this level. We could have used a lot more James Rojas’.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        There's also a 7' C leaving Oregon who is from Arkansas. He was the #8 player in his class I believe. Gonna guess he can pretty much go anywhere he wants.
                        Headed to Indiana
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Justin Harmon? 6'4" JR G averaged 14 and shot 34% from deep.
                          Headed to Illinois
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Wichita State has reached out to Cal transfer Sam Alajiki (6-7, 230) with 2 years of eligibility left. Averaged 6.1 points & 3.6 rebounds as a part-time starter for Cal this past season. Looks like he was recruited by Mills at ORU the first time around.
                            Headed to Rice
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Just as a data point. Guy seems pretty connected and has been pretty good with the coaching carousel.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

there was at least one notable poster that articulated that put last class was comparable to picking players off the trash heap.

Comment

Working...
                                X