No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• KU fans shaking...
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I'm willing to let Arkansas get Tylor Perry if it means WSU can get Max Abmas

Comment

• The PG from Utah Valley is interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            The PG from Utah Valley is interesting
            Jordan Battle?

Comment

• I'm so bored. I need some WSU recruiting news.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                The PG from Utah Valley is interesting
                Justin Harmon? 6'4" JR G averaged 14 and shot 34% from deep.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Justin Harmon? 6'4" JR G averaged 14 and shot 34% from deep.
                  They have had 3 Guards transfer. Justin Harmon, Cam Alford and Jordan Battle lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They have had 3 Guards transfer. Justin Harmon, Cam Alford and Jordan Battle lol
                    I saw that. But Justin was the only one with any actual stats this last year. One of the other two played very sparingly and the other didn't play at all. Literally had zero stats this year. Not sure if he was injured or what.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I saw that. But Justin was the only one with any actual stats this last year. One of the other two played very sparingly and the other didn't play at all. Literally had zero stats this year. Not sure if he was injured or what.
                      That's why i asked if it was him .. he went into the portal just a few min before Shoxlax posted .. but was confused on why he would be interesting.

Comment

Utah State had three guys hit the portal last night.

Max Shulga is a 6'4" JR PG from Kyiv, Ukraine and averaged 12 pts, 4.5 reb, 4 ast while knocking down 36% from behind the arc.

Sean Bairstow is a 6'8" SR wing from Brisbane, Australia that averaged 10 and 5 while shooting 38% from deep.

The other guy is Szymon Zapala from Poland. He's a 6'11" JR that barely played.
                        After seeing the success of Utah State, Arizona, St. Mary's etc, we need to start getting into International recruits man. A whole lot of talent overseas that only a few schools are tapping into.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          I'm so bored. I need some WSU recruiting news.
                          Right? It's funny with all the portal activity you'd think that there'd be some more movement

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

After seeing the success of Utah State, Arizona, St. Mary's etc, we need to start getting into International recruits man. A whole lot of talent overseas that only a few schools are tapping into.
                            Sanogo was a beast for UCONN as well.

Overseas players also seem more mature personality wise and polished skill wised as well. Maybe most aren't are as gifted with as much raw athletic ability as the players from the States, but these are two attributes I think would be helpful in building a team.

Also with the NIL rules the way they are now, they can't get the same lucrative deals as the American born players. That could be $$$ saved to try and lure a couple bigger named/higher rated USA players.
                            Last edited by Shock Top; April 4, 2023, 03:40 PM.
                            The Assman

Comment

• The other advantage to foreign kids is that they generally are not as enamored with the higher levels of college athletics. I remember talking to a WSU coach (women's sport) who said that it was easier for him to recruit, say, Europe, than Texas. All the Texas girls have visions of going to UT or A&M, whereas the foreign girls just want to get an education and aren't quite as hung up on going to a "big-name school."
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

Right? It's funny with all the portal activity you'd think that there'd be some more movement
                                It’s a game of dominos. The biggest spenders get first pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X