No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there was ever a time for the big-money donors to flex their muscles...

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      If there was ever a time for the big-money donors to flex their muscles...
      It was when we needed to buy Brown out and hire a solid replacement?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
        My Tulsa source who follows ORU tells me Abmas is very religious kid and likes Mills but fears he could be influenced by a large NIL.
        We can form a ShockerNet sponsored bible study group for him
        The Assman

Comment

• I feel like you should be able to have control where your money goes :

Can you choose what program/player to send NIL funds to ?

What percentage does the collective keep ?

I’d offer Max a job at my house ; I’d hire him for 10k to change a couple lightbulbs… anyone else with jobs for him ? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

It was when we needed to buy Brown out and hire a solid replacement?
            *If there was ever a second time for the big-money donors to flex their muscles...

Comment

• Portal at 1242 tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                I feel like you should be able to have control where your money goes :

I’d offer Max a job at my house ; I’d hire him for 10k to change a couple lightbulbs… anyone else with jobs for him ? ;)
                I'll do the job for half of half of that!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I'll do the job for half of half of that!
                  But can you make step-back 3’s and 80%+ of your free throws?!

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

But can you make step-back 3’s and 80%+ of your free throws?!
                    Ummmm, maybe. If no one is guarding me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                      My Tulsa source who follows ORU tells me Abmas is very religious kid and likes Mills but fears he could be influenced by a large NIL.
                      I would expect Baylor.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I would expect Baylor.
                        Tough to see that happing without Drew getting the blessing from Mills.

Not that Drew would need it, but I feel the mutual respect for those is strong.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                          I feel like you should be able to have control where your money goes :

We also have some very high lightbulbs that need replacing from time to time. Climbing a ladder becomes more challenging with age. Perfect job for a twenty-something.

Comment

• Too bad WSU has never had a 6' guard make it big in the NBA.

Comment

• I think it's better than 50/50 that Abmas ends up at WSU. He's had opportunities every year to leave for a P5 but never did. His loyalty to ORU, with probably little NIL, indicates his loyalty wasn't related to $$.

I thought he would stay at ORU with the coach that recruited him now the HC. The fact that he's in the portal indicates that was not the source of his loyalty. It could be that he just wants a change for his last year of eligibility. That happens. Dexter Dennis is a prime example.

I will be neither surprised nor disappointed with whatever decision he makes. He's earned the right to make and be respected for his decision.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Utah State had three guys hit the portal last night.

Max Shulga is a 6'4" JR PG from Kyiv, Ukraine and averaged 12 pts, 4.5 reb, 4 ast while knocking down 36% from behind the arc.

Sean Bairstow is a 6'8" SR wing from Brisbane, Australia that averaged 10 and 5 while shooting 38% from deep.

The other guy is Szymon Zapala from Poland. He's a 6'11" JR that barely played.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X