No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m very hopeful the “one time transfer” rule is enforced vigorously and the ridiculously inconsistent waiver process is tightened up considerably. Not holding my breath. At the same time hoping HCPM instills a culture and “right guy” recruiting practices that tempers the annual mass exodus.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
      I’m very hopeful the “one time transfer” rule is enforced vigorously and the ridiculously inconsistent waiver process is tightened up considerably. Not holding my breath. At the same time hoping HCPM instills a culture and “right guy” recruiting practices that tempers the annual mass exodus.
      It sucked for us but I was never really too upset with Sienna with CR. If every school would just hold the line this psychotic merry-go-round would slow down a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
        I’m very hopeful the “one time transfer” rule is enforced vigorously and the ridiculously inconsistent waiver process is tightened up considerably. Not holding my breath. At the same time hoping HCPM instills a culture and “right guy” recruiting practices that tempers the annual mass exodus.
        I honestly don't care. Let the kids go where they want. Control the controllables. Punish the schools. If you're a school that lives off guys like that, here comes the hammer.

Graduate transfer costs you a scholly for a year.

You take a 2nd time transfer....2 years.

Regardless, schools should commit to the kids. I know it would suck sometimes, but if (just for instance) JPjr wanted to stay here, and the coach said no, then WSU would have to provide his schooling here for however many years he had left. If he leaves, no penalty. But if he wants to leave and the school wants him to stay, then the new school must reimburse the old school. So if HCPM wants him to stick around, but the grass is greener elsewhere, then the new school ponies up a check to WSU. And it's a big check. It has to hurt. Something like 4 year COA plus recruiting costs or maybe NIL value of the departing player. $200-$500K region.

Comment

• I don't see JP going to a high caliber P5. If he's not ready to compete at WSU, he won't compete at a school like Arkansas. Maybe an Ole Miss, Vandy, or something on that level if he can get a P5 offer, and that's a big IF.

Comment

• Noah Fernandes to Rutgers

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
              Noah Fernandes to Rutgers
              Noah looks like he’s old enough to part the Red Sea again… I know it was Moses, but it sounded good to me…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Ban him after today. If Max ends up signing then reinstate him later.
                Posters have been (not) banned for far, far worse. I wouldn't ban anyone over this.
                (maybe someone could start a poll to determine whether they should be banned) <------sarcasm

Comment

• Pro-ban then re-instate later. I'm going crazy for more recruitment news, mostly because of his post on this board!

Comment

• Have a buddy with a 247 account. Had him check Texas’ and they’re pretty sure they’re getting MA.

Comment

• It is very hard to keep campus visits a total secret when school is in session. I am not sure what that means. Do Mills and his staff have a future with the NSA or will a bunch of people fill out the roster who haven’t even set foot on university grounds (except maybe Koch Arena with a prior team)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

It sucked for us but I was never really too upset with Sienna with CR. If every school would just hold the line this psychotic merry-go-round would slow down a bit.
                        Not necessarily. The haves in college BB would still get waivers so they could still grab who they want. The WSU's would not be granted waivers and would suffer. Siena and their coach are trash to me.

Comment

• Jamie Shaw from On3's transfer portal blog today...

Abmas’ coach at Oral Roberts, Paul Mills, took to head job at Wichita State. Sources say Abmas will not be following him. However, two programs that do continue to come up with regard to the 6-foot-1 guard are Kansas State and Texas. Kansas State head coach Jerome Tang and Texas head coach Rodney Terry both have long-standing ties to the state of Texas. Abmas is a graduate of Dallas (TX) Jesuit College Prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Jamie Shaw from On3's transfer portal blog today...

Same site that has him “100%” to Wichita State
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Posters have been (not) banned for far, far worse. I wouldn't ban anyone over this.
                              (maybe someone could start a poll to determine whether they should be banned) <------sarcasm

I say he gets at least a 7 day timeout.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                                Jamie Shaw from On3's transfer portal blog today...
                                Has On3 done anything to have earned any credibility one way or another on anything? I'd never heard of them until a few weeks ago and I'm not entirely sure if I've seen evidence to take them seriously or not.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X