No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He may have had class during the announcement. I'd be surprised if he ends up at a good P5 or gets a good NIL deal. The kid is an athlete, but he's not that great of a basketball player. He can be serviceable.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
      For all the Pierre haters, brace yourself. He’ll go P5. My guess is he was tampered with and will end up at Arkansas. He didn’t go to coaches press conference. He didn’t get an NIL agreement with Armchair. I think the decision was made right after the previous staff was let go.
      I think expecting someone like Arkansas to pursue Pierre is severely overrating his game. Maybe a lower caliber P5 like Mississippi State comes in, know they were involved before he committed here, but there's a lot of uncertainty on whether these 2nd time transfers are going to get a waiver since a coaching change does not even count as what they deem a valid reason. In this era with the portal where it has pretty much become "how good of a team can you put on the court this year", don't see any team with aspirations like Arkansas committing a scholarship to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        He may have had class during the announcement.
        3:30 on a Thursday afternoon? Doubtful. During the season, he would be practicing around that time.
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

3:30 on a Thursday afternoon? Doubtful. During the season, he would be practicing around that time.
          My daughter hasn't had a semester yet where she hasn't had an afternoon lab or something. Pretty common. And it definitely hasn't been because she wanted to have an afternoon class lol
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Pretty much entire new team next season. We'll get to see what kind of coaching chops HCPM has.
            Not trying to be negative, but this is the big problem I have with college sports these days. Entire rosters flip annually. Last year we had 1 returning starter. Next year it will be 0 returning starters. I get teams can rebuild very quickly in this free agent market (like KSU did last year), but watching kids develop over 4 years is what I use to enjoy about college basketball. Times change and I guess this is what it is now. However, I just do not have the enthusiasm about college sports I once did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxxxx View Post

You can permaban if this doesn’t In 24 hours; gladly. What do I get when it does happen?
              T-Minus 6 hours to permaban lol

Comment

• It’d be willing to give him a 72 hour “rise for the death” clause, should it happen after the permaban.

Something similar happened to someone who else in human history, but I can’t put my finger on what that was..
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  It’d be willing to give him a 72 hour “rise for the death” clause, should it happen after the permaban.

Something similar happened to someone who else in human history, but I can’t put my finger on what that was..
                  Patrick Ewing winning the Big East Tournament in 2021?

Comment

• Speaking of Arkansas, it wasn't that long ago WSU went to their backyard and brought in Austin Reaves. Look at him now. No ideas where the talented Mr. Pierre will land. Our Program seems to be a focus for a key player a year for them.

For now, we are all really hoping that WSU signs Max Abmas. I'd also enjoy getting Kenny P. To stay. He and Germany could be an effective combo inside. With KP assist to turnover ratio, IMO he would blend in great with the low turnover style of play that HCPM instills.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Texas just lost a projected 2024 NBA lottery pick. Decommitted and is going to play pro in Australia for a year.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...pcLIXaHwNMrvmw

I thought the NIL and the G league would keep this from happening. Not sure why he's going overseas.

Anyway, they have a bigger need for a guard now. Of course, the fact that this guy is going overseas may be a sign that there's not much NIL money going to Texas guards.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                        Texas just lost a projected 2024 NBA lottery pick. Decommitted and is going to play pro in Australia for a year.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...pcLIXaHwNMrvmw

I thought the NIL and the G league would keep this from happening. Not sure why he's going overseas.

Anyway, they have a bigger need for a guard now. Of course, the fact that this guy is going overseas may be a sign that there's not much NIL money going to Texas guards.
                        Australia > Texas. Get paid to play and enjoy those Aussie beauties and their lovely accents. Also, you don't have to do school.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post

Not trying to be negative, but this is the big problem I have with college sports these days. Entire rosters flip annually. Last year we had 1 returning starter. Next year it will be 0 returning starters. I get teams can rebuild very quickly in this free agent market (like KSU did last year), but watching kids develop over 4 years is what I use to enjoy about college basketball. Times change and I guess this is what it is now. However, I just do not have the enthusiasm about college sports I once did.
                          100%. Hoping HCPM holds players much better. I'm all in on player contracts holding them to multi year commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Australia > Texas. Get paid to play and enjoy those Aussie beauties and their lovely accents. Also, you don't have to do school.
                            In all fairness, he wouldn't have had to really do school at Texas either.
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

In all fairness, he wouldn't have had to really do school at Texas either.
                              No kidding. Just coast by 1st semester, don't even touch a book 2nd. Get drafted, and done. And Austin isn't a bad place for a 18-year old future draft pick to be.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                It’d be willing to give him a 72 hour “rise for the death” clause, should it happen after the permaban.

Ban him after today. If Max ends up signing then reinstate him later.

Comment

Working...
                                X