No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, having the ability to unclog the lane and allow more room for driving, cutting and passing isn't a bad thing.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Jayden Pierre is a 6'2" FR PG transferring out of Providence. Looks like he was their backup PG this year as he averaged 11 minutes per game. Had an A/T ratio of about 2.7/1 and shot 54.4% from deep. He's from Elizabeth, NJ. He'll probably stay out east but having a guy like this along with maybe a one year SR rental at PG would be pretty good. Though maybe this guy is ready to step up and lead a team.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Team Portal
        Tulsa 11
        UTSA 9
        East Carolina 6
        Temple 6
        Rice 5
        Wichita State 5
        Tulane 4
        SMU 3
        Memphis 1
        North Texas 1
        Charlotte 0
        FAU 0
        UAB 0
        South Florida 0
        as of 3/27/23
        I know about Walton, Pohto, Scott, Flanagan. Who’s the 5th?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I don't care if we ever recruit or sign a 'big man' that purportedly can shoot from 'deep' again. Unless you're Kevin Durant part 2 (and newsflash, you AREN'T) get your ass in the paint and go to work.
          Carl Hall >>>>> Kenny Pohto

Comment

• Our old friend Clarence Jackson has hit the portal again. This time leaving Jacksonville State
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I don't care if we ever recruit or sign a 'big man' that purportedly can shoot from 'deep' again. Unless you're Kevin Durant part 2 (and newsflash, you AREN'T) get your ass in the paint and go to work.
              That's my big problem with KP.

Yes, he has a unique skillset for a big, but I feel like I'm watching a player with a 5'10" mentality in a 7' body.

USE YOUR SIZE KENNY!! REALIZE YOUR FULL POTENTIAL!!
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Our old friend Clarence Jackson has hit the portal again. This time leaving Jacksonville State
                He's been pretty public about how much he regrets leaving WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

Isaac Brown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Isaac Brown?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

My assumption was that the other transfer portal thread was for general discussion about the portal and complaining about the gigantic mess it has created out of D-1 college basketball, and this thread was specifically for our outgoing players and for recruits we are targeting. I'm probably wrong about that, but I think it sounds real good.
                      Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post

​​​​https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...264874569.html

Our freshman from the Fall, Jacob Wilson, is counted towards this upcoming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

He's been pretty public about how much he regrets leaving WSU.
                          Yeah, he responds to a comment on this tweet that "he isn't hard to find" lol

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Could rent a big man for a year. Jamarion Sharp is in the portal from Western Kentucky. He's a 7'5" C that averaged 7 and 8 along with 4 blocks per game. It appears WKU was the "weakest" program to offer him a few years ago.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Brown didn’t like Monzy and didnt give him a fair shot. He pulled him regularly when he was playing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                Brown didn’t like Monzy and didnt give him a fair shot. He pulled him regularly when he was playing well.
                                He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire with a 97.3 ORtg his last season here. Pleasant, Jenkins, and Grant were the only significant players here that season who were less efficient than he was.

If he's able to find a good situation at a better school, great. But it's unlikely he would find a situation where he's a starter and significant contributor at a program that's top 75 in KenPom/Torvik.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X