2023 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    Owned—-big time. Really sad performance by the home team and a spectacular performance by the visitors. This could have repercussions for future TBT games with the Aftershocks. Many of those 7,202 will not be back next year. We just did not have the talent and looked like amateurs.
    What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I think you have to keep the WSU base. It's what draws the people in. Also if we step back and look, I'm guessing very few other teams have won at least 3 games each of the last 3 years like the Aftershocks have.

Strictly from a fan perspective, I want them to be good enough to play the Max number of games in Wichita as possible. While I'd love for the players to get that extra money by winning, as a fan, the games outside of Wichita have much lower interest for me.

I know they have sponsors, so as long as they are happy with the amount they get by playing in Wichita and they continue to win enough to play the majority of the games in Wichita then I don't think it's a good idea to get too far from the shocker alum base.
      100%. And then like someone else said, get Lee to recruit some of his Kentucky and McD AAs to fill in the remaining slots.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• They need to take it seriously from the top down.

Yes, they need to keep the WSU base, but they need a legitimately built team with a legitimate staff if they want to ever win it all or win outside of Wichita.
        The Assman

Comment

• Ok, I'm ok with changing to the Elam ending for all games. The Ville vs Guttercats was spectacular.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Ok, I'm ok with changing to the Elam ending for all games. The Ville vs Guttercats was spectacular.

Game would have ended in a dribble it out foul fest under normal rules. Instead the team executing all the way to the end won

Comment

Ok, I'm ok with changing to the Elam ending for all games. The Ville vs Guttercats was spectacular.
              Totally agree. I have been on that band wagon every since the firs TBT was held in Wichita.

Comment

Game would have ended in a dribble it out foul fest under normal rules. Instead the team executing all the way to the end won
                My question has been since I first saw the Elam, if adopted by the NCAA, would the "dribble it out, fowl fest", simply not start sooner in the 4th period before the Elam kicked in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

My question has been since I first saw the Elam, if adopted by the NCAA, would the "dribble it out, fowl fest", simply not start sooner in the 4th period before the Elam kicked in?
                  My opinion: yes, it would.

The Elam Ending is fun for TBT, but it would be a bad idea for adoption in college, high school, or pro basketball.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

No because that wouldn't gain you anything. You still have to score to win the game. So no sense in disrupting your rhythm if your team is up big. If your team is only up a few, then you definitely don't want to give up possessions.

And for the other team, you don't want to foul because if you are in the bonus by the time the Elam starts then every non shooting foul in the Elam becomes 1 shot plus the ball for the opposing team

Comment

• How about taking just the rule of 1 shot and the ball once you get into double bonus? It might eliminate the end of game foulfest.

Comment

I'll be sure to wave to Portney when he's in jail later in life.
                        You’ll be pleased to know that Heartfire advanced this evening to the final by way of an Elam ending banked 3 pointer courtesy of the gracious Mr Putney!

Comment

• They shot 3 of 20 from 3. Wish they shot that when they played us.

Comment

• Heartfire ends up winning it

Comment

Heartfire ends up winning it
                              Dude pulled a JoJo White, stepping out of bounds on last play. Refs didn’t call it though.

78-65

Comment

• Almost makes me feel a little better about the absolute beatdown they inflicted on the Aftershocks.

It was borderline criminal.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X