X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://youtube.com/watch?v=MxwDvWtLq88

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Slight disagreement. On Paul’s podcast, Zach mentioned that he knows that this team has to primarily be former WSU players since that’s who people here want to see. The ringers are brought in to help push the team over the top because having a team solely of WSU players probably won’t be good enough to win it all.

Also, I disagree that the pipeline is drying up. Taylor wrote a story about the 2019-20 team having like 10 or 11 guys who are trying to play pro. Granted, one of them better stay TF away. But there could be others who could eventually play. And we just don’t know yet who in the future could be a suitable option. Maybe Jacob Germany (for example) will turn into a fan favorite, be a stud, and become an option down the line. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. But my point is that we just don’t know that yet.
      I believe going into this TBT the most recent players on the roster were Haynes-Jones (18-19) and McDuffie (18-19). Now, we have Midtgaard (19-20), Gilbert (20-21), and Wade (20-21), so there has definitely been some rejuvenation. Remains to be seen if they will come back in future years, but it is nice to have some new guys on the team.

Dexter Dennis is probably close enough to the NBA that he won't play in TBT for a while, but I do wonder if Mo Udeze might appear on the roster in years to come. Both those guys have earned a spot in my opinion.

Comment

• Kudos to Fred for putting his money where his mouth is on the weight room. It was much needed and probably wouldn’t have happened without him saying and doing something.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• Trey Wade is the closest thing we had to Rachard. He really gets after it, and he's smart. However, effort isn't a problem for McDuffie, and the others. Rebounding is actually a strong point. We do have several guy with low IQ's who think they have better handles than they really do.

As mentioned, Conner really needs his outside shot to fall to be really effective, and help open up driving lanes for him (he's not quick enough to do it without that great shot). He's not a great breaker or penetrator, but he has good handles, and can pass, if the lanes open up so he can drive it.

Comment

• Watched the first half. It was soooo bad I changed the channel. Probably a bad decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  Trey Wade is the closest thing we had to Rachard. He really gets after it, and he's smart. However, effort isn't a problem for McDuffie, and the others. Rebounding is actually a strong point. We do have several guy with low IQ's who think they have better handles than they really do.

As mentioned, Conner really needs his outside shot to fall to be really effective, and help open up driving lanes for him (he's not quick enough to do it without that great shot). He's not a great breaker or penetrator, but he has good handles, and can pass, if the lanes open up so he can drive it.
                  Like Willis’s handles… Lordy!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Read somewhere where the attendance was a little over 4,000 last night; sure sounds and looks like more…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• Is Gilbert injured? What time Sunday do we play? Espn2?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Is Gilbert injured? What time Sunday do we play? Espn2?
                          ESPNU 4pm CDT
                          78-65

Comment

• AfterShocks tap into Wichita State Roundhouse magic for 21-point comeback win at TBT
                            Taylor Eldridge
                            Sat, July 22, 2023

In some other gym, the AfterShocks’ run in The Basketball Tournament would have ended Friday night.

Koch Arena is a powder keg waiting to ignite during a comeback, but it was up to the WSU alumni team to produce the ammunition after falling behind by as many as 21 points in the third quarter to the Beale Street Boys in a second-round TBT game.

A flurry of second-chance baskets fueled a 9-2 rally to end the third quarter, closing the gap to 14. Caleb Walker and Tyrus McGee drilled back-to-back triples, then Markis McDuffie drove the length of the floor for a basket to cap a 10-0 run to trim the deficit to 62-58 with 5:26 remaining.

“I swear I couldn’t even hear myself thinking at one point,” Darral Willis said. “It sounded like there was 50,000 fans in there.”

Elevating the intensity of the moment was the presence of members of the 2013 Wichita State Final Four team, who were recognized during halftime and are celebrating the 10-year anniversary of their treasured run together this weekend.

With the Elam Ending enacted and the target score set at 72, Beale Street Boys connected on the first shot — a rainbow 3-pointer by Eric Frederick for a 67-60 lead. But the AfterShocks answered right back, as Conner Frankamp drilled his own triple to spark the crowd.

In the end, the AfterShocks would come up with defensive stops on 18 of the final 22 Beale Street Boys possessions, including forcing six straight empty trips during the Elam Ending.

“I’ve been around basketball long enough to know a crowd like this makes a huge difference,” said Fran Fraschilla, who called the game on ESPN. “Everything has to go right when you’re down 21 points and the crowd certainly had a lot to do with it, but so did the DNA of the guys who played here. Anybody who follows Wichita State basketball through the years, no pun intended, wasn’t shocked by what happened.”

Pandemonium ensued when Wade’s hook shot nestled through the net, securing a 73-69 victory for the AfterShocks over Beale Street Boys, completing a stunning 32-9 rally to close out the game and keeping the team’s $1 million dream alive.

Comment

• "Mass St Cheaters" -Perfect name for KU

IMG_7172.jpeg

Comment

• KUs 4 million dollar recruit behind the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X