We Want Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    The problem with Beard is that we haven't seen the police report. It's pretty easy for his fiancee to figure out that basketball coaches make more money than Uber drivers and she may have put him into that situation. At that point trying to make it go away is a good plan.

Unfortunately it would seem that the police report may not support her current position. When stories change, it's usually considered that the first story is more accurate, whether that's right or not. Memories fade and regret sets in. That first report is generally given credibility because it was made before there was a chance to think about the consequences of the report.

If Beard were to be hired, there would have to be a zero tolerance clause in his contract. Then all his fiancee has to do is call in a false report and Beard is screwed. If the current incident is a false report, then there's history that indicates she'd do it again.

You can't hire Beard without getting the girlfriend, and one of them is a huge problem. Doesn't really matter which one is the problem, you're getting both.
    The police report is public. It’s all over Twitter and elsewhere.
    Beard is under criminal investigation. He’s radioactive and going to be that way for a couple of years.

Comment

Kareem Hunt signed with the Browns five minutes after the Chiefs cut him and it's like his whole incident never even happened.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Kareem Hunt signed with the Browns five minutes after the Chiefs cut him and it's like his whole incident never even happened.
        That incident was relatively minor when it comes down to it. It was called a "kick" but it was more of a push with the foot. It was dumb. He was dumb. She was dumb. Everyone around him was dumb. He was dumber for lying to the Chiefs about what happened. Had he been honest, I don't think the Chiefs cut him. He would have been punished but stayed in KC.

He's probably helped because there's video that shows it wasn't as initially described and people were thinking he full on kicked the crap out of some girl.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by top20shock View Post
          The police report is public. It’s all over Twitter and elsewhere.
          Beard is under criminal investigation. He’s radioactive and going to be that way for a couple of years.
          #MensRights matter too.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Might as well get it started…
            You will need HCIB to go full contract. Beard's legal issues and rehabilitation will take a couple years. I suspect then he not going to want to go to a mid-major conference and to a team that can't beat a ECU.

Comment

Terrible comparison between pro and college teams. It's completely apples and oranges when it comes to ethics and public opinion. Right or wrong that is the reality.

Comment

My whole point is people forgive and forget all the time.

Seems, once you're fired from your original job, everything else going forward is on the table.
                The Assman

Comment

My whole point is people forgive and forget all the time.

Seems, once you're fired from your original job, everything else going forward is on the table.
                  Don't disagree with the general premise that people have short memories, especially if you're winning. There are recent college examples that are more fitting than Kareem Hunt.

Comment

There has to be something to forgive and forget, and we don't even know what that is yet because the investigation really just started.

We need to slow down, release the kung-fu grip on our parachutes, and trust in Saal.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My eyesight continues to deteriorate.

Every time I pull up SN and see the title of this thread, I think it says “WE WANT BEER”. Then, my eyes readjust and I get a little disappointed.

Comment

Better chance at the clam variety

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          My eyesight continues to deteriorate.

Every time I pull up SN and see the title of this thread, I think it says “WE WANT BEER”. Then, my eyes readjust and I get a little disappointed.
                          We are at a point where copious amounts of adult beverage are pretty much required to enjoy the product on the court.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I suspect then he not going to want to go to a mid-major conference and to a team that can't beat a ECU.
                            With the last sentence of your post, may I ask who would, if that was even a consideration?

This could be a perfect time to work on Beard. His altercation is as minor or less than GMs but he will probably not have many options for the next year or two.

Comment

Just took a peak at Louisville's board and they haven't mentioned Beard yet. You think were stuck they are paying their HC 3M / year for 6 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                Just took a peak at Louisville's board and they haven't mentioned Beard yet. You think were stuck they are paying their HC 3M / year for 6 yrs.
                                They probably have greater financial resources to absorb their mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X