X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Want Beard

Might as well get it started…
    The Assman

seems like his wife is behind him, it's not anywhere near the abuse this WSU team is taking.
    It's a sensitive subject and all kidding aside, I'm in favor of giving a 2nd chances.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

Nm

Comment

Haven’t been following the Beard situation super close, but if you’re contesting your firing, that doesn’t exactly scream repentant which makes a second chance hard in my book. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that the head coach be competent and not abusive.

Comment

Pass….if we are going to hire a hothead, let’s go with our hothead.

Comment

Okay, bring 3Gs as HC and Beard as Assoc HC

3Gs says he doesn’t want to coach much longer anyways ;)
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Okay, bring 3Gs as HC and Beard as Assoc HC

3Gs says he doesn’t want to coach much longer anyways ;)
              national championship caliber!
              Phi Alpha

Comment

KP leads in assists, steals and rebounds...........zero turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                  Haven’t been following the Beard situation super close, but if you’re contesting your firing, that doesn’t exactly scream repentant which makes a second chance hard in my book. It shouldn’t be too much to ask that the head coach be competent and not abusive.
                  I guess you haven't been following it. His girlfriend even admitted that he was only defending himself.
                  BUt as we all know, The media will keep that on the low.

Comment

The problem with Beard is that we haven't seen the police report. It's pretty easy for his fiancee to figure out that basketball coaches make more money than Uber drivers and she may have put him into that situation. At that point trying to make it go away is a good plan.

Unfortunately it would seem that the police report may not support her current position. When stories change, it's usually considered that the first story is more accurate, whether that's right or not. Memories fade and regret sets in. That first report is generally given credibility because it was made before there was a chance to think about the consequences of the report.

If Beard were to be hired, there would have to be a zero tolerance clause in his contract. Then all his fiancee has to do is call in a false report and Beard is screwed. If the current incident is a false report, then there's history that indicates she'd do it again.

You can't hire Beard without getting the girlfriend, and one of them is a huge problem. Doesn't really matter which one is the problem, you're getting both.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      The problem with Beard is that we haven't seen the police report. It's pretty easy for his fiancee to figure out that basketball coaches make more money than Uber drivers and she may have put him into that situation. At that point trying to make it go away is a good plan.

Unfortunately it would seem that the police report may not support her current position. When stories change, it's usually considered that the first story is more accurate, whether that's right or not. Memories fade and regret sets in. That first report is generally given credibility because it was made before there was a chance to think about the consequences of the report.

If Beard were to be hired, there would have to be a zero tolerance clause in his contract. Then all his fiancee has to do is call in a false report and Beard is screwed. If the current incident is a false report, then there's history that indicates she'd do it again.

You can't hire Beard without getting the girlfriend, and one of them is a huge problem. Doesn't really matter which one is the problem, you're getting both.
                      Wasn’t the police report linked on the other thread?
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Nm. Read post wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Wasn’t the police report linked on the other thread?
                          I saw it somewhere, but didn't read it. I thought it was on aan Austin news site.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Maybe the fiancée was mad enough at Beard that she decided to try and ruin his career by calling the cops. Maybe the first report is entirely genuine, and the recanting was done out of regret. Two details of the case seem strange to me, but it's not like any of this is black and white:

1) If Beard was only acting in self-defense, why did the fiancée have a bite mark on her arm? Unless she was choking him, that seems strange.
                            2) The fiancée told police that Beard choked her, and then later stated she never said that. Why would the police include that in the report unless the fiancée told them that in the first place?

Anyway, we'll never know what actually happened. It's an incident that happened between two people with no witnesses. I hope Beard and his fiancée can move on and find peace in their lives. I could be wrong, but I really don't think this guy will coaching at WSU next November.

Comment

My personal opinion is if he's not found guilty of anything, his career shouldn't be ruined over accusations. I don't care if he did it, and she withdrew it because she sees dollar signs. I thought the firing was way too premature, but that's how cancel culture works anymore. Get him hired yesterday if he's interested!

Comment

Working...
                              X