No announcement yet.

We Want Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, he will choke from time-to-time, and when he does he'll pounce and leave his opponent gasping for air.

But his offense would have a stranglehold on our conference.

And his defense would smother the competition.

Now, if his players got out of line he would surely wring their necks.

He's really got a grasp on what it takes to win. And that's something tangible he can wrap his hands around.

Wait ... didn't I use all these for HC3GM?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Obviously, he will choke from time-to-time, and when he does he'll pounce and leave his opponent gasping for air.

But his offense would have a stranglehold on our conference.

And his defense would smother the competition.

Now, if his players got out of line he would surely wring their necks.

He's really got a grasp on what it takes to win. And that's something tangible he can wrap his hands around.

Wait ... didn't I use all these for HC3GM?
      Characteristic of great coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Maybe the fiancée was mad enough at Beard that she decided to try and ruin his career by calling the cops. Maybe the first report is entirely genuine, and the recanting was done out of regret. Two details of the case seem strange to me, but it's not like any of this is black and white:

1) If Beard was only acting in self-defense, why did the fiancée have a bite mark on her arm? Unless she was choking him, that seems strange.
        2) The fiancée told police that Beard choked her, and then later stated she never said that. Why would the police include that in the report unless the fiancée told them that in the first place?

Anyway, we'll never know what actually happened. It's an incident that happened between two people with no witnesses. I hope Beard and his fiancée can move on and find peace in their lives. I could be wrong, but I really don't think this guy will coaching at WSU next November.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Characteristic of great coaches?
          Great basketball coaches use their hands. Apparently great soccer coaches use their feet.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Maybe the fiancée was mad enough at Beard that she decided to try and ruin his career by calling the cops. Maybe the first report is entirely genuine, and the recanting was done out of regret. Two details of the case seem strange to me, but it's not like any of this is black and white:

1) If Beard was only acting in self-defense, why did the fiancée have a bite mark on her arm? Unless she was choking him, that seems strange.
            2) The fiancée told police that Beard choked her, and then later stated she never said that. Why would the police include that in the report unless the fiancée told them that in the first place?

Anyway, we'll never know what actually happened. It's an incident that happened between two people with no witnesses. I hope Beard and his fiancée can move on and find peace in their lives. I could be wrong, but I really don't think this guy will coaching at WSU next November.
            There is obviously a big problem reconciling her statement to police and her post-arrest statement.

- I don't think the police "misunderstood" her saying she was strangled. There were details. For her not to have said that, the police would have had to fabricate those details.

- Nothing in the police report would indicate Beard needing to act in self defense. Allegedly (I'm not stating this as fact), she swiped his glasses from him and broke them. She left the room (no longer a threat). He then followed, struck her in the face, pulled her from the bed, bit her, left bruises, strangled her. That entire 2nd episode was an act of aggression, if that's the way it happened.

She then says she never said he choked or strangled her. Also said she agrees he was acting in self-defense (contrary to her depiction of the event). So either she made up most of what she told police, or now she's lying about the incident for reasons only the two of them know. I guess the other option is the police made it up, but if Beard said he has audio of the altercation I doubt any cop would be that stupid.

Bringing that around to WSU, going after Beard means we either get a guy who assaulted his fiance, or a guy who's fiance (and maybe wife by then) is mentally unstable or volatile enough to lie to police. No thanks.

Comment

Agree to disagree - I don't care if the coach is Charles Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer if he can turn the program around and stop this dumpster fire. I'd rather have a winning program then an ethical one any day of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                Agree to disagree - I don't care if the coach is Charles Manson or Jeffrey Dahmer if he can turn the program around and stop this dumpster fire. I'd rather have a winning program then an ethical one any day of the week!
                First, I’m in shock!

Second, you forgot to add Bryan Kohberger and Dennis Radar.

Third, Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

First, I’m in shock!

At least Dennis Radar has a local connection

Comment

My personal opinion is if he's not found guilty of anything, his career shouldn't be ruined over accusations. I don't care if he did it, and she withdrew it because she sees dollar signs. I thought the firing was way too premature, but that's how cancel culture works anymore. Get him hired yesterday if he's interested!
                    Agreed, should have applied to Gregg.

Comment

Marshall > Beard in every way.

Comment

"Winning" and "Ethical" aren't mutually exclusive.

Randy Burns
                        PJ Couisnard
                        Matt Braeuer
                        Toure Murray
                        Garrett Stutz
                        Tekele Cotton
                        Ron Baker
                        Fred VanVleet
                        Landry Shamet
                        Tyson Etienne

(Just to name a few...)

It is possible to assemble a roster with guys who are winners on the court and gentlemen off the court.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

At least Dennis Radar has a local connection
                          Can't transfer if no one can find you ...

too far?

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

First, I’m in shock!

Bad joke I know. At least Dennis Rader is our serial killer.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

"Winning" and "Ethical" aren't mutually exclusive.

Randy Burns
                              PJ Couisnard
                              Matt Braeuer
                              Toure Murray
                              Garrett Stutz
                              Tekele Cotton
                              Ron Baker
                              Fred VanVleet
                              Landry Shamet
                              Tyson Etienne

(Just to name a few...)

It is possible to assemble a roster with guys who are winners on the court and gentlemen off the court.
                              At the same time, nearly every team has at least one player the exact opposite. Should I start with Randy’s SR year?
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

At the same time, nearly every team has at least one player the exact opposite. Should I start with Randy’s SR year?
                                Oh, I completely agree. We've always had guys with, let's say, an edge to them. But in a winning culture, knuckleheads ideally are the exception, not the rule.

All I am saying is that you don't have to completely sacrifice character to win a few more games.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X