Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    I’m about to billboard the **** outta this mother****er
    Me personally, don't think that's a good idea.

ADDB situation was different. He was handed a great situation and mis managed it for years and was a jackass while doing it.

HCIB was put in a tough situation and hasn't done well but he's a good dude overall. No need to shame him. We have a good AD in place. Call ADKS. I guarantee he will take your call and listen

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Good news is I heard there was a Saal sighting and he looked absolutely pissed at what he was seeing.
      Same.

We should all flood his inbox telling him we feel the same way.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Good news is I heard there was a Saal sighting and he looked absolutely pissed at what he was seeing.
        I’m hoping he’s got a short temper. Saal was lauded as next level at raising funds coming in. I want to see proof, because waiting until next season is the death knell imo. Wichita St’s reputation already teetering on the edge

Comment

• Well, that was supposed to be one of my 5 conference wins...oopps...

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Many of us on this forum could see this developing very early last season. IB is just a pathetic coach. Amazing how far and how fast this program has sunk in such a short time. Our PF's are horrible. Question now, for me, is can we retain Walton and KP to build around? We need to keep them and get a coach/staff that can recruit some quality transfers especially at PG and PF and then be able to coach them. We need at least five new quality players. If IB is not replaced soon AND staff then Saal is not doing his job.
            Absolutely. Last year was a debacle and only foreshadowed this year. Actually, the end of the season before wasn’t great either in the conference tournament. We have tried to call this out and noticed that problems of chemistry and execution. I’m not sure we can hang on to anyone of basketball value at this point…and, I’m not confident in recruiting or gettin good transfers unless IB is gone. Who would want to come here?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Many of us on this forum could see this developing very early last season. IB is just a pathetic coach. Amazing how far and how fast this program has sunk in such a short time. Our PF's are horrible. Question now, for me, is can we retain Walton and KP to build around? We need to keep them and get a coach/staff that can recruit some quality transfers especially at PG and PF and then be able to coach them. We need at least five new quality players. If IB is not replaced soon AND staff then Saal is not doing his job.
              The short period of time is what blows me away. It's almost like when a friend dies with no warning. We were good for a long time, then IB, we knew we wouldn't be good, but we had no idea it would be this bad this fast. This might be the biggest, fastest fall from grace in college hoops history.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post

The short period of time is what blows me away. It's almost like when a friend dies with no warning. We were good for a long time, then IB, we knew we wouldn't be good, but we had no idea it would be this bad this fast. This might be the biggest, fastest fall from grace in college hoops history.
                Louisville this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Me personally, don't think that's a good idea.

ADDB situation was different. He was handed a great situation and mis managed it for years and was a jackass while doing it.

HCIB was put in a tough situation and hasn't done well but he's a good dude overall. No need to shame him. We have a good AD in place. Call ADKS. I guarantee he will take your call and listen

​​​​​
                  I agree with this 110%, fwiw. I would not lead a charge to billboard IB no matter how frustrating things get, unless he straight up gives up and collects checks aka FADDB
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• ECU planted Jay Golden here 3 years ago to secure this win.

Comment

• They could do the billboards in a tasteful way, as to be respectful of IB as a man AND voice displeasure for the program as a whole.

Still, it might not be the optimal strategy.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        They could do the billboards in a tasteful way, as to be respectful of IB as a man AND voice displeasure for the program as a whole.

Still, it might not be the optimal strategy.
                        I think if we don't see movement at the end of the year, that's when you start ramping up the noise
                        right now, direct communication to the AD is your best option IMO

Comment

• Looking back, does IB even apply for this job if we did a search? Did he want the job? Or did he feel obligated to take the job since he's such a good guy? Would he have been the best option? We'll never know....

Comment

• We know he wouldn’t have been the best option
                            The Assman

Comment

• I’m damn sure taking $5M if offered to me though!!
                              The Assman

Comment

• 13 - 17 for the calendar year....

Comment

Working...
                                X