Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Nor should he. IB is owed every dollar and he damn well better get it.
    Couldn't agree More.
    Isn't any issue with IB. Boatboy made the offer, he simply accepted.
    Why have any issue with IB?
    Ok, so he is in over his head.
    Nobody arguing here (other than maybe his family).
    But it was Boatboy who approached him, made the offer and he wisely accepted.

Look, IB is by all accounts, a good guy. But he is clearly an example of someone who is a good assistant coach, not the head guy.
    I always remember someone lot smarter than me me once saying "a quality assistant coach makes good suggestions, a quality head coach makes good decisions."

Applies here in so many areas.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Where’s that bandie ShockerExpress at?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No reasonable person would resign and give up 4 million dollars. Anyone on here that says they would is freaking liar. We will have to come up with the money to fire him.
        You may be right, but he is hurting the team and the University by hanging on in a job he is absolutely dreadful at. He must be miserable if he truly cares about anyone else but himself.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
          And what happened to our great, tremendous, vaunted and lauded defense? it was exposed.
          Can’t prop up our numbers with the SWAC every night.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here is my short of the long tonight. Two problems. 1. Our Offense 2. Our defense

These are the games that we really should and could win. E. Carolina did shoot the rock and rebounded well, and we fouled them too much. They also beat us down the court for easy fast break conversions.

On a brighter note. Kenny P. payed hard and got a double/double. Scott played solid. Pierre had his moments

Cincinnati will be a handful too. Hoping Porter gets back healthy and full strength.. Porter and Walton are still our keys.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

There is no HEAT. Nobody in the media is criticizing him. There are still people on social media defending him.
              One thing I thought was interesting was that Taylor Eldridge's game story post initially referenced how losing to ECU was the low-point in HCIB's tenure at WSU. The post was quickly deleted and re-posted with no mention of IB in the posting (perhaps there was in the article, but the post linking the article was definitely changed).

Not trying to bash TE or anything, just thought it was interesting because the first post on Twitter seemed more pointed at IB and the revised post was more tame.

Comment

• I seem to recall during fHCGM 1st season, Lutz made a comment to Gregg during the post game media Q/A about the particular loss being the worst in Shocker history. Marshall was not happy about the comment, slightly ripped into Lutz and walked out of the room.

MBB had higher standards then. Now it’s about being nice—— and losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

One thing I thought was interesting was that Taylor Eldridge's game story post initially referenced how losing to ECU was the low-point in HCIB's tenure at WSU. The post was quickly deleted and re-posted with no mention of IB in the posting (perhaps there was in the article, but the post linking the article was definitely changed).

Not trying to bash TE or anything, just thought it was interesting because the first post on Twitter seemed more pointed at IB and the revised post was more tame.
                  Maybe TE remembered we also lost to Alcorn State after posting that

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    I seem to recall during fHCGM 1st season, Lutz made a comment to Gregg during the post game media Q/A about the particular loss being the worst in Shocker history. Marshall was not happy about the comment, slightly ripped into Lutz and walked out of the room.

Marshall kinda tolerated Lutz before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      I seem to recall during fHCGM 1st season, Lutz made a comment to Gregg during the post game media Q/A about the particular loss being the worst in Shocker history. Marshall was not happy about the comment, slightly ripped into Lutz and walked out of the room.

I don't want to be political, but it's mirroring our society.

As a whole, equality, equity and "nice" have become more important, while success, determination and discipline have all become less important, if not demonized and seen as bad or even evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe TE remembered we also lost to Alcorn State after posting that
                        It's funny you say that because I wondered that as well haha.

Comment

• For those who attended, how many butts in the seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It's funny you say that because I wondered that as well haha.
                            Headline changed, and “the low point of his career” was updated to “one of the low points in his career”. I caught the difference between both, but it’s still mentioned in the article

Comment

• This entire debacle goes back to whoever made Boatright the athletic director. Amazing how bad things can go with one wrong hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                For those who attended, how many butts in the seats?
                                6-7k was my guess .. way more full than i expected

Comment

Working...
                                X