Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’d love for this to be concluded soon. Trying to have a life and being glued to my phone and strung out about this need to know is bothering me lol

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
      Hopefully TX promotes their interim coach and doesn't go after Sampson Sr.
      Just trying to blow some minds

I'm guessing our next coach is either

A) Still coaching
      B) Negotiating their buyout with their soon to be former school
      C) Hasn't been offered yet

I'm going with A

I definitely want someone who really wants to be here.

My guess is Sampson

Comment

• If it is Sampson and there's not going to be an announcement until Houston's season is over, it could be a fun week or two on SN.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Rem keep an eye on Doc's house/// black smoke no new coach yet... white smoke a new coach r has been chosen.
          White smoke! White smoke!!

oh, wait, he’s just grilling.

Comment

• DeVries may still be in play (I know people are torn on him. But just saying).

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

White smoke! White smoke!!

oh, wait, he’s just grilling.
              Gotta laugh at this

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I agree the lack of an announcement may very well mean our next coach is still coaching.

Comment

• If Jai Lucas comes here it won’t be as an assistant.

Comment

• While we are waiting for a new coach to be announced, I just can't resist this article and quote:

"Sampson and his son, Kellen, who bears the unmistakable signs of being a rising star coach and his father’s inevitable successor, have recruited the fertile areas of Texas and Louisiana, often identifying players a notch lower in the rankings but a notch higher in competitive mindset. The results speak for themselves.

“This is validation for all the times you defended the culture when it wasn’t popular, when you had to make hard decisions on evals on recruits,” Kellen Sampson says. “The hard decisions have worked.”

What they sold recruits on was what they sold the fans—put on your hard hat and join the grind. It works well in this city.

Read the full article here: https://www.si.com/college/2023/03/1...phi-slama-jama

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      While we are waiting for a new coach to be announced, I just can't resist this article and quote:

"Sampson and his son, Kellen, who bears the unmistakable signs of being a rising star coach and his father’s inevitable successor, have recruited the fertile areas of Texas and Louisiana, often identifying players a notch lower in the rankings but a notch higher in competitive mindset. The results speak for themselves.

“This is validation for all the times you defended the culture when it wasn’t popular, when you had to make hard decisions on evals on recruits,” Kellen Sampson says. “The hard decisions have worked.”

What they sold recruits on was what they sold the fans—put on your hard hat and join the grind. It works well in this city.

Read the full article here: https://www.si.com/college/2023/03/1...phi-slama-jama
                      Yes!
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I listened to him being interviewed, and it sounded like he truly loved Charleston. The weather, the city, everything about it. To sign a contract with a buyout like that you have to have no desire to leave. Somebody once said, "how many hamburgers can I eat". If he was contacted, I'm guessing he said: "Thank you, I flattered but not interested."
                        Often times guys who really do love the place they’re at but know they’re on the way up will sign extensions with bigger buy-outs so they know they are least helping out the program on their way out. Hugh Freeze did the same with Liberty before leaving for Auburn. Not saying we’re getting Kelsey but I don’t think this would be the deterrence

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                          I agree the lack of an announcement may very well mean our next coach is still coaching.
                          Maybe. Maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

Often times guys who really do love the place they’re at but know they’re on the way up will sign extensions with bigger buy-outs so they know they are least helping out the program on their way out. Hugh Freeze did the same with Liberty before leaving for Auburn. Not saying we’re getting Kelsey but I don’t think this would be the deterrence
                            I don't know. A good portion of people on here didn't think we have money to even change coaches this year. Now we don't think a million-dollar buyout before we even pay the coach is a deterrent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Older, been at Vermont for a while, wouldn't want to leave, but also probably entrenched there well enough where it might not be a good fit.
                              Becker can x-and-o with the best. I’ve copied his inbounds plays for the youth team I coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                                While we are waiting for a new coach to be announced, I just can't resist this article and quote:

The fanbase would be absolutely buzzing after a Kellen Sampson introductory press conference. He has the same competitive fire as 3G.

Comment

Working...
                                X