Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I like McCasland, but I think getting him to come here and face his old school a couple of times a year might be difficult.
    Totally get that viewpoint but it happens more than you think. Doubt we can afford him as he's currently making 1M and would need a substantial increase to lure him from conference foe.

Comment

• Hearing from a UT friend of mine they think Beard will get fired. Too much liability if there's another incident. I guess we'll see how this plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Exactly!! Let's see if Rojas continues to be a starter now that a couple other guys are emerging.
        A little late but I can promise you that Rojas won't be getting much PT after the Semester is over....if you catch my drift...

Comment

• I would love to get one of the following three, Darian DeVries (Drake), Jeff Linder (Wyoming), McCasland (North Texas). Would love Medved but don't see that happnening. Also would be on board with Bob Richey. I've been following smaller school basketball the last few years watching records in hopes of possibly scouting our next hire lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

A little late but I can promise you that Rojas won't be getting much PT after the Semester is over....if you catch my drift...
            If he isn't attending classes, he's already done, with this being Finals Week. I know that Gregg didn't allow players missing classes, but I'm not sure, now that we have a coach who isn't a meanie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Hearing from a UT friend of mine they think Beard will get fired. Too much liability if there's another incident. I guess we'll see how this plays out.
              He's probably radioactive for two years

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder the possibilities of poaching a coach from the same conference ...
                Still got some time (I think). I like him a lot. An up and comer head coach fer sure. Wonder if ADKS and "donors" can lure him up the freeway in time for next year. That is if IB can't get this squad to the tourney come March.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He's probably radioactive for two years
                  Yep he’ll have to get cleaned up and go through therapy. We need to be the first offer he gets to tebuild his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yep he’ll have to get cleaned up and go through therapy. We need to be the first offer he gets to tebuild his name.
                    I hope we've already found our replacement by then
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

I know some don't like Rojas game .. but losing him would not be a net positive on the team. Hopefully you are hearing is just rumors ...

Comment

• chris beard… with the chris jans second chance

Comment

• ******* would be wetting himself with anticipation....

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                            chris beard… with the chris jans second chance
                            I don't think WSU will be hiring a coach with a felony.

Comment

• I' m for Anyone who fully has shown the potential, the capability, and has the dream of guiding the Shockers to the Final Four within the next 3-5 years.
                              Last edited by 60Shock; December 14, 2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder the possibilities of poaching a coach from the same conference ...
                                We did it once before with Smithson from Illinois St.

Comment

Working...
                                X