No announcement yet.

Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If IB were 0-30 for 3 straight seasons and was let go there would be those who would cry racism. Guaranteed. ADKS will have to deal with that regardless of when that move is made.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Oh brother. Here we go. Everything has to be made about race. It has NOTHING to do with his skin color. I don't care what he looks like. If he is not the right person for the job he should go. This is such a weak, ignorant, and lazy argument.
      I maybe wrong but it think the criticism was primarily about the list of "replacements".

From what I can see from a 1,000 miles away, IB is someone I would love to break bread with, but honestly do not know if he can grow onto a perennial 20+ win a year guy. I know I have had a couple of jobs in my career that my boss had to run interference for me while I rattled around a little in the beginning. My errors were not on live TV and didn't have reporters publishing them in full color videos.

If the job comes open I volunteer to take all the insults for $100k a month for a couple of months

Comment

• "This shouldn't be a Black or white thing, but many have made that real obvious."

The most obvious appears to be him. I sure haven't seen that here.

Comment

• IB needs to run a Juco or low D1 program for a while and get some experience. WSU is not the place the train someone how to be a head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            IB needs to run a Juco or low D1 program for a while and get some experience. WSU is not the place the train someone how to be a head coach.
            I wanted to believe in IB and tried to remain as positive and supportive as possible, but it’s obvious he’s in over his head. Unfortunately, I’ve seen this movie before.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

I maybe wrong but it think the criticism was primarily about the list of "replacements".

From what I can see from a 1,000 miles away, IB is someone I would love to break bread with, but honestly do not know if he can grow onto a perennial 20+ win a year guy. I know I have had a couple of jobs in my career that my boss had to run interference for me while I rattled around a little in the beginning. My errors were not on live TV and didn't have reporters publishing them in full color videos.

If the job comes open I volunteer to take all the insults for $100k a month for a couple of months
              They both allude to wins and losses and coach Brown specifically so they are not just talking about replacements.

Beginning??? This is not the beginning. He has been the coach for over two years and he is currently in his third season. To me that is a big enough sample size. He CLEARLY cannot grow in to the role as coach. It is not for him. It is ok to admit that maybe something isn't a fit and move on. I have had employees who I have had to have that very conversation with. You tell them plainly that maybe it isn't a good fit and that it might be time to part ways and move on. Not one time was it about race. It doesn't need to have some sinister underlying reason or meaning every time. It's insane. Racism is perpetuated by those who continually look for it in every instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Well the narrative took a turn for the worst. This is what happens when there's no other excuses to cling to.
                Clueless doats.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Let's pray President Muma and his husband are Shocker Basketball fans and understand the importance of the basketball program to the Wichita community. I know new athletic director Kevin Saal understands...

Based on how he handled the Marshall situation and the extension of Boatright, I would say “no”.

The KS seems one to save face. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a great hire, but it was one that he was practically forced into.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Well the narrative took a turn for the worst. This is what happens when there's no other excuses to cling to.
                    Give me any of the following:

- Mike Boynton
                    - Mike Woodson
                    - Mike Anderson
                    - Adrian Griffin
                    - Drew Valentine
                    - Juwan Howard
                    - Shaka Smart
                    - Leonard Hamilton
                    - Cuonzo Martin
                    - Hubert Davis
                    - Dennis Gates
                    - Jerome Tang
                    - Tommy Amaker
                    - Jeff Capel
                    - Chauncey BIllups
                    - Dwayne Casey
                    - Rob Hunter
                    - Jason Kidd
                    - Nate McMillan
                    - Anthony Grant
                    - Doc Rivers

Hell, even some other flame outs and retired HCs I would be open to at this moment.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

- Mike Boynton
                      - Mike Woodson
                      - Mike Anderson
                      - Adrian Griffin
                      - Drew Valentine
                      - Juwan Howard
                      - Shaka Smart
                      - Leonard Hamilton
                      - Cuonzo Martin
                      - Hubert Davis
                      - Dennis Gates
                      - Jerome Tang
                      - Tommy Amaker
                      - Jeff Capel
                      - Chauncey BIllups
                      - Dwayne Casey
                      - Rob Hunter
                      - Jason Kidd
                      - Nate McMillan
                      - Anthony Grant
                      - Doc Rivers

Hell, even some other flame outs and retired HCs I would be open to at this moment.
                      Just not Danny Manning

Comment

• Mike Cohen, Scott Thompson and Randy Smithson received as much or more criticism that IB and that was mostly before in world wide interweb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

- Mike Boynton
                          - Mike Woodson
                          - Mike Anderson
                          - Adrian Griffin
                          - Drew Valentine
                          - Juwan Howard
                          - Shaka Smart
                          - Leonard Hamilton
                          - Cuonzo Martin
                          - Hubert Davis
                          - Dennis Gates
                          - Jerome Tang
                          - Tommy Amaker
                          - Jeff Capel
                          - Chauncey BIllups
                          - Dwayne Casey
                          - Rob Hunter
                          - Jason Kidd
                          - Nate McMillan
                          - Anthony Grant
                          - Doc Rivers

There are a few on that list that I would pass on, and a few on that list I would give shock's left nut for.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I’m sure his nuts froze and fell off years ago.

Comment

• Pretty sure the lists I've shared have had their fair share of both black and white coaches.

I haven't seen a lot of lists elsewhere being discussed on Twitter or FB so I'm not sure where this guys concern is coming from, other than he wants to make it all about race.

Pretty sure most of us couldn't give a **** if the coach is white or black or brown or blue or green or red or polka dot. We just want someone that can come in and build a winning program and excite the fan base.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Like racism, race baiting is meant to divide.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X