Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    I’m sure his nuts froze and fell off years ago.
    Let’s just say, I know now why Canadian men talk at a higher pitch.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• For the record, I'm still intrigued with Adrian Griffin.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        For the record, I'm still intrigued with Adrian Griffin.
        I am too, but gun shy after this debacle with hiring an assistant to be 1st time HC. If WSU were to go that route, I would like to see a good mentor on the staff.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

For the record, I'm still intrigued with Adrian Griffin.
          Intrigued because of recruiting potential, but he might not know X's from Ho's...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Pretty sure the lists I've shared have had their fair share of both black and white coaches.

I haven't seen a lot of lists elsewhere being discussed on Twitter or FB so I'm not sure where this guys concern is coming from, other than he wants to make it all about race.

Pretty sure most of us couldn't give a **** if the coach is white or black or brown or blue or green or red or polka dot. We just want someone that can come in and build a winning program and excite the fan base.
            But you don't have any with big noses or unibrows.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I am too, but gun shy after this debacle with hiring an assistant to be 1st time HC. If WSU were to go that route, I would like to see a good mentor on the staff.
              I believe Adrian is smart enough to know he'd need to hire guys with college experience to help him navigate that aspect of things. I still have no real reservations over hiring an assistant to be a first time HC if he's a guy who has been groomed for and seen as a future HC. Again, one of my knocks on Brown is that nobody ever saw him as or talked about him as a future HC like they did with Forbes, Jans, and Heiar. Or even Boyle before that. I believe Griffin is one of those guys that others see as a potential HC and I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up as one be here or elsewhere in the not too distant future.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Intrigued because of recruiting potential, but he might not know X's from Ho's...
                My understanding is he is a good X's and O's guy. I do think he'd be a great recruiter and has a lot of connections. He had a long career in the NBA and knows a lot of people and that can be sold to kids. The guy knows what it takes to get there. If he can hire the right assistants to help him, he could have a huge impact on the program. And with his connections, I have little doubt that he could successfully fill out a staff that can help him where he may be weakest. Adrian is no idiot.

Also, he's a local guy and that would excite fans as well. But that's not his biggest selling point.

I hope he at least gets an interview with Saal down the road, if he's still interested in the job. If he bombs that process or it simply doesn't work out, fine. But I'd hate to see him completely ignored as there's a lot of potential upside there.

There are other HC's and such I'd also be open to and interested in. I would understand going that route. It's generally seen as safer/less risky. I just see a high upside with Griffin. Of course, he could fall flat. I'm not saying there wouldn't be any risk in that. But even successful coaches fail at different jobs from time to time.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

No X and O concerns from me. The dude has been an NBA assistant for 10 years and is very highly regarded and sought after in NBA circles. He knows how to coach. And like it or not, kids these days will be attracted to playing for a guy who has that kind of NBA experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

No X and O concerns from me. The dude has been an NBA assistant for 10 years and is very highly regarded and sought after in NBA circles. He knows how to coach. And like it or not, kids these days will be attracted to playing for a guy who has that kind of NBA experience.
                    He probably doesn't require $1M/yr -- guaranteed for 5 years no matter how bad he is -- to get started either.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not just an assistant, but the lead assistant to one of the best X and O coaches in the league with Nick Nurse over the past few years. Definitely worth an interview if he's interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Not just an assistant, but the lead assistant to one of the best X and O coaches in the league with Nick Nurse over the past few years. Definitely worth an interview if he's interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Isn't that what we're supposed to have now in Kennedy?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            Mike Cohen, Scott Thompson and Randy Smithson received as much or more criticism that IB and that was mostly before in world wide interweb.
                            1000% I'd take IB over Cohen and Randy before and now. ST had successful HC experience, so I'd probably have taken him before I saw the outcome, and definitely take IB instead afterwards. Doesn't mean any are ready for this big chair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Give me any of the following:

- Mike Boynton
                              - Mike Woodson
                              - Mike Anderson
                              - Adrian Griffin
                              - Drew Valentine
                              - Juwan Howard
                              - Shaka Smart
                              - Leonard Hamilton
                              - Cuonzo Martin
                              - Hubert Davis
                              - Dennis Gates
                              - Jerome Tang
                              - Tommy Amaker
                              - Jeff Capel
                              - Chauncey BIllups
                              - Dwayne Casey
                              - Rob Hunter
                              - Jason Kidd
                              - Nate McMillan
                              - Anthony Grant
                              - Doc Rivers

Hell, even some other flame outs and retired HCs I would be open to at this moment.
                              Might want to add Darian DeVries, the coach at Drake, to that list. Drake just took down #15 Mississippi State.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Might want to add Darian DeVries, the coach at Drake, to that list. Drake just took down #15 Mississippi State.
                                He doesn't quite fit the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X