Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Ron is certainly engaged in the program, which makes sense because he is living here now.

However doesn’t it seem like FVV and Landry are more disengaged than your average high-profile player?

Maybe it just seems that way and I’m wrong. But aside from coming back for AfterShocks like 1.5 years ago I swear I haven’t heard a word about Wichita State from either one of them. Nothing on social media. Just morning period.

Probably that’s proof of the state the program is in, but it seems to me there’s something Like n there causing sour grapes. Someone needs to try to repair those relationships if they were fractured for whatever reason.
    I read that Landry has other "life things" happening right now. He met his dad this past summer and found out that he has half-siblings, so he is spending the requisite time on those relationships in his downtime.

I agree with an earlier post that Fred is probably more interested in helping the Rockford community, which is understandable and much more of a noble gesture. I would hope that at some point, those guys start getting more involved and invested with our program. I was probably in the minority, but when Fred did come back, his comments about the facilities and the overall state of WSU ("everyone else is getting new stuff rather than the people bringing in the money," which I took as, amongst other upgrades, the Innovation Campus stuff) bothered me a little.
    78-65

Comment

• Personally, I think Fred would make a great coach, but he's not coming back here. Also, if Heier is charged with obstruction, he's done.

Comment

• If we have a new coach next year or the year after I would think the AD would tend to look from areas of his past history, not our past history.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          Ron is certainly engaged in the program, which makes sense because he is living here now.

However doesn’t it seem like FVV and Landry are more disengaged than your average high-profile player?

Maybe it just seems that way and I’m wrong. But aside from coming back for AfterShocks like 1.5 years ago I swear I haven’t heard a word about Wichita State from either one of them. Nothing on social media. Just morning period.

Probably that’s proof of the state the program is in, but it seems to me there’s something Like n there causing sour grapes. Someone needs to try to repair those relationships if they were fractured for whatever reason.
          I think it’s as simple as limited ‘TIME’ for both of them. Fred is currently struggling; he’s juggling with raising a family, marketing the heck out of himself, giving back to Rockford, playing with constant injuries…. and playing at the very highest level against the worlds best athletes. it’s gotta be overwhelming at times. I’m confident we’ll see more of him once he hangs ‘em up and after letting them ‘hang’ for many years.

Laundry doesn’t have the family commitment, but he also has injury issues and is fighting for survival on a team with NBA All-Stars. I think it’s all about ‘TIMING’ and now isn’t the best time for him either.

Looks like I was a little tardy with my reply…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

advice given to me by a retired detective...."never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever talk to the cops without an counsel present"
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I read that Landry has other "life things" happening right now. He met his dad this past summer and found out that he has half-siblings, so he is spending the requisite time on those relationships in his downtime.

I agree with an earlier post that Fred is probably more interested in helping the Rockford community, which is understandable and much more of a noble gesture. I would hope that at some point, those guys start getting more involved and invested with our program. I was probably in the minority, but when Fred did come back, his comments about the facilities and the overall state of WSU ("everyone else is getting new stuff rather than the people bringing in the money," which I took as, amongst other upgrades, the Innovation Campus stuff) bothered me a little.
              Awesome about Landry meeting his father...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Wow, had no idea.

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Yeah, the weight room thing bothered me as well. Also because it seems that he (to this point at least) hasn't put his money where his mouth is after complaining about something that he has everything in his power to change.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Awesome about Landry meeting his father...

Landry Shamet meets father, siblings; is focused on family, basketball (azcentral.com)

My bad. He actually met his dad last fall. This gives more info.
                  78-65

Comment

• It must be great to finally meet a man who didn't give a **** about you your entire life

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Wow, had no idea.

Yeah, the weight room thing bothered me as well. Also because it seems that he (to this point at least) hasn't put his money where his mouth is after complaining about something that he has everything in his power to change.
                      I still think Fred thinks its more important to help change Rockford. Purely my guess, but I think he can see himself as their "Charles Koch" ... whereas he knows there is money here from others if there needs to be so he's less likely to put his money here to change things if he thinks the money is already here and just not getting used.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        It must be great to finally meet a man who didn't give a **** about you your entire life
                        Might be more to the story...

Last edited by WstateU; December 6, 2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Wow! What a great story for Landry!! Good for him and for his family. Never too late to make amends and focus on the important things in life. Life is too short.

Comment

• That moment you realize the kid you walked out on is a multi-millionaire pro athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              That moment you realize the kid you walked out on is a multi-millionaire pro athlete.
                              C’mon brother!

You’re thinking of Bobby Boucher’s papa…

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                You’re thinking of Bobby Boucher’s papa…
                                Nice hit, mama.

Comment

Working...
                                X