Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I do love Coach Moton and he's a great follow on Twitter.

I used to have higher hopes for Coop. Some of that shine wore off when he struggled at Miami (OH). But I wouldn't rule him out. It was Miami (OH) after all.
    I don't think he's a lock or anything, either to get the job or to succeed if he did get it, but there are reasons to think he learned from his time at Miami (after TSU) and now several at SMU as an assistant.....not the least of which is the fact that he's more intelligent than most people he runs into in the basketball world (and many others places as well).

He would be not good, but great with the donors as well. He checks a lot of boxes, I just don't know if he's a winning coach now (the most important box to check).

Comment

• One plus of hiring Adrian would be that we could possibly get him NOW ! He could jump in the recruiting before spring.

I've been a fan since the early 70's and I've never seen a program driven off the cliff so fast. We need a change - It's not personal towards HCIB - It's just not working and evidently not going to work - we are getting worse - not better.

Comment

• I’d rather have the guy that 76 used to bloviate all the time about vs, Griffin. Cooper has already been mediocre for years. Why would we do that? And we know I think 76 is full of it.

Comment

• Ten Coaches on the Rise in Men’s College Basketball Entering 2022–23

Comment

• HCIB didn't make the list.........wtf?

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
              Ten Coaches on the Rise in Men’s College Basketball Entering 2022–23

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/2...-coaches-hires
              Can someone who was plugged in refresh our memories on Dana Ford?

I remember for certain Marshall on the Coach’s Show saying “Coach Ford swears he is better than [Illinois State guard I can’t remember… Nick something?] but I guess we’ll see.”

That guy was Fred Van Vleet.

On the other hand I seem to remember Ford leaving for Illinois State around the time our coaching staffs were squaring off in the tunnel in Normal, so maybe he is unwelcome or uninterested.

Or does Marshall being gone turn that “never” into “not a dealbreaker”?

Or anything else I missed?

For the record there are a lot of names I like but Griffin is at or near the top of the list for all of the reasons Sub said plus a few more.

Comment

• Ford promised Marshall he would stay on staff for two years. He went back on his word and left after one. Marshall hated him for that, and I don't disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  Ten Coaches on the Rise in Men’s College Basketball Entering 2022–23

https://www.si.com/college/2022/10/2...-coaches-hires
                  That’s a good list to start with.

Comment

• they forgot I.B.
                    Phi Alpha

Comment

• We can keep dreaming and listing potential coaches but the fact of the matter, we can’t afford to pay 3 coaches. It is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                        We can keep dreaming and listing potential coaches but the fact of the matter, we can’t afford to pay 3 coaches. It is what it is.
                        If this continues to go off the rails, it brings up the old question “Can you afford to/Can you afford not to?”

78-65

Comment

We can keep dreaming and listing potential coaches but the fact of the matter, we can’t afford to pay 3 coaches. It is what it is.
                          Especially if ‘we’ have to come up with the scratch!

Comment

• There are ways to possibly get this done if WSU is motivated enough. They could ask Marshall to extend the number of years for his money left from 2 to 4 years. That could cut his taxes.
                            That would cut WSU's amount per year to Marshall in half.

They might be able to double the student activity fee to help with the costs.

Just a couple of possibilities.

Might work or might not, but we have to think outside the box and not just say I just can't do it. If that is what the AD wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Give me any of the following:

- Mike Boynton
                              - Mike Woodson
                              - Mike Anderson
                              - Adrian Griffin
                              - Drew Valentine
                              - Juwan Howard
                              - Shaka Smart
                              - Leonard Hamilton
                              - Cuonzo Martin
                              - Hubert Davis
                              - Dennis Gates
                              - Jerome Tang
                              - Tommy Amaker
                              - Jeff Capel
                              - Chauncey BIllups
                              - Dwayne Casey
                              - Rob Hunter
                              - Jason Kidd
                              - Nate McMillan
                              - Anthony Grant
                              - Doc Rivers

Hell, even some other flame outs and retired HCs I would be open to at this moment.
                              No. Not sleepy Mike Woodson.

Comment

I think we should extend IB 5 more years, renegotiate his contact to 300k per year and then see who we’ll be able to attract as the program sits then.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X