No announcement yet.

Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this program really hinge on “stuckboy46” vendetta against a coach. Do we really know what big money can influence? No because we 9-5 people can’t even imagine that amount of scratch. 3G will coach again. But the baggage stuck46 talks about is self-proclaimed talkboard gurus casting stones.
    When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
      Does this program really hinge on “stuckboy46” vendetta against a coach. Do we really know what big money can influence? No because we 9-5 people can’t even imagine that amount of scratch. 3G will coach again. But the baggage stuck46 talks about is self-proclaimed talkboard gurus casting stones.
      He will not coach HERE again.. period.

Comment

Does this program really hinge on “stuckboy46” vendetta against a coach. Do we really know what big money can influence? No because we 9-5 people can’t even imagine that amount of scratch. 3G will coach again. But the baggage stuck46 talks about is self-proclaimed talkboard gurus casting stones.
        I’m so confused as to what your point is.

Marshall will not coach again, and if he does, it sure as hell will not be here. Every knowledgeable person on this board has said as much.

What are you trying to say?
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Don’t miss quote me. I have no delusions 3G will coach here at WSU. He will not. I hope this clears up confusion. However, I’m saying he will coach again.
          When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Don’t miss quote me. I have no delusions 3G will coach here at WSU. He will not. I hope this clears up confusion. However, I’m saying he will coach again.
            Then don't miss quote me. Every single one of my statements has been about Marshall coaching here and whether we should try to rehire him.

I have no doubt some school will give him another chance. The problem for us is rehiring a coach that you fired for alleged abuse and made sign a separation agreement saying he would never represent WSU again is it opens up massive legal and liability hurdles that just make it basically impossible.

All of that is without considering the financial implications... Which like you mentioned MIGHT not be a problem. But who knows if those donors would come back.

The "woke" aspect isn't even in the top 3 of my reasons of why he won't coach here ... But it's also a consideration of how effective he would be in the "new world" NCAA vs 5 years ago.

Comment

• A few are so anti-Marshall, they assume I’m supporting him coaching the Shox again or being a role in the program. I hope we never meet a future 3G coached team.

Comment

• It’s really not a hard process fire IB and hire Mark Turgeon.

Comment

A few are so anti-Marshall, they assume I’m supporting him coaching the Shox again or being a role in the program. I hope we never meet a future 3G coached team.
                  I can’t believe that there are many (if any) on this board who think there is a chance that he will coach here again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So 66% of the trips came under a coach other than Marshall? Sounds like decent odds we can do it again. I'm not resigned to thinking that we are only Wichita State because of Gregg Marshall. He sure helped, that's for damn sure, but he's not our only path back to success.
                    So Gregg coached the last two in 2013 and 2015 (during his12 years). It took 9 coaches to get to the remaining four, and there was a 17 year drought between Gary Thompson, and Gene Smithson. And a 24 year drought (4 coaches) between a Gene S., and Mark Turgeon. We need to get the right coach that has the leadership capabilities right away. No time to waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kberre0673 View Post
                      It’s really not a hard process fire IB
                      Yes

and hire Mark Turgeon.
                      Hell no
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Yes

Hell no
                        Even just to finish out the year?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Even just to finish out the year?
                          I honestly don't care who finishes out the year, as long as come spring we're doing a full search and starting fresh.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I always appreciate optimism. However, We’ve reached the Sweet 16 a grand total of 6 times in 62 years. What’s the possibility that many of us will be dead before it happens again? Two of those 6 times came with Gregg as our General. Twice in he 60’s, once in the 80’s, and once 2006. Sorry for Not feeling so optimistic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wich...27s_basketball
                            The collective soul of SN at that very thought....

Comment

• Have you looked around the Roundhouse during a game? There may not be much time!

Comment

• IB buyout from now til May is $4M. After that it is $1.8M I believe. ADKS needs to start negotiations yesterday. The downside is who will coach this team. Kennedy doesn't speak well at this point in his disease, so that leaves...nobody. Ugh!

Comment

Working...
                                X