No announcement yet.

Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jans, Heiar and Forbes all had head coaching experience and a lot of success at the Juco level. That was the qualification that 3G really liked in his assistants, they had all run their own programs. I'd bring GH here in a heartbeat but I think we have to wait a year or two before the IB buyout is more affordable. Until then, we have to continue watching the "let dawgs be dawgs" show. A win in Richmond would turn things around immediately, but I don't see that happening the way he's managing the team right now.

Comment

Had I only won the powerball, we wouldn't have to worry about the buyout.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Had I only won the powerball, we wouldn't have to worry about the buyout.
        And you deserved to win!!!
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Jans, Heiar and Forbes all had head coaching experience and a lot of success at the Juco level. That was the qualification that 3G really liked in his assistants, they had all run their own programs. I'd bring GH here in a heartbeat but I think we have to wait a year or two before the IB buyout is more affordable. Until then, we have to continue watching the "let dawgs be dawgs" show. A win in Richmond would turn things around immediately, but I don't see that happening the way he's managing the team right now.
          Really hopeful that ADKS is making inroads so we don't have to wait ..

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting or stating that any of the above is true or not. That being said......

Let's take all of that as the truth.

Those are several, among dozens of reasons that you DON'T HIRE A COACH WITH NO HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE AT WICHITA STATE, DARRON!
            And to go along with NO HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE, you add a 5-6 year 1 Million to 1.5 Million Dollar Contract. Not only are we Training our Head Coach On the Job, we are paying him as if he's already been a Head Coach at a Low to Mid-level Program.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Maybe I'm being naive, but you tell them not to fire up a 3 in the first few seconds of the clock, if they go ahead and do that, you send somebody to the table immediately. You tell them to make sure the post gets a touch before you shoot, if they don't feed the post, you take them out. Is it harder than that?
              Making mac & cheese is easy. 1. Boil water, add mac. 2. Drain mac, return to pan. 3. Add butter, milk, cheese sauce (mix well).
              I hear IB struggles with the boil water part. NO, IT ISN'T HARDER THAN THAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

And to go along with NO HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE, you add a 5-6 year 1 Million to 1.5 Million Dollar Contract. Not only are we Training our Head Coach On the Job, we are paying him as if he's already been a Head Coach at a Low to Mid-level Program.
                How that deal was done is dumbfounding. You think we would've learned a lesson with the 3G buyout. IB could have been signed with a $500k or less salary with a lot of incentive bonuses built in and a low buyout number, which would have been considered a market deal with his experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Making mac & cheese is easy. 1. Boil water, add mac. 2. Drain mac, return to pan. 3. Add butter, milk, cheese sauce (mix well).
                  I hear IB struggles with the boil water part. NO, IT ISN'T HARDER THAN THAT!!!
                  Why do I mix the cheese sauce before adding to the butter, and milk?!?!?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Gregg ain't coming back fellas. He's very content and can live with what he's accomplished, which is a **** ton. All we can do is thank him and applaud him for what he's done on and off the court, which is a lot for the U and the city.
                    And whether they admit it or not, his players. Hard to imagine some guys having a pro career like they have without Marshall. He pushed them in a big way.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

And whether they admit it or not, his players. Hard to imagine some guys having a pro career like they have without Marshall. He pushed them in a big way.
                      A high school coach acquaintance of mine was kinda pissed watching the TBT last year, specifically the game where “Jacksonville” was the game-winner.

”Oh, so they badmouth him, but they still want to run his stuff.“
                      78-65

Comment

We outta' have this quartet right behind the bench....

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why do I mix the cheese sauce before adding to the butter, and milk?!?!?
                          Due to the fact you are a french fry short of a happy meal, this degree of organization and impimentation might have extended its reach. Take a number and we will call when it is your turn.

Comment

This type of bullsh!t game never would have happened under Marshall. This team has so much talent that is being wasted. My fear is this is what we will have to live with at least this season. Buckle up folks...

Comment

Thinking back to fired coaches, where would you rank IB in the pecking order? Cohen, Thompson, Randy.

To me, Randy and Scott were clearly better than Mike and IB.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Thinking back to fired coaches, where would you rank IB in the pecking order? Cohen, Thompson, Randy.

To me, Randy and Scott were clearly better than Mike and IB.
                                IB has the advantage simply due to recruiting if we are looking at the whole product.

if you are talking about coaching ability, IB is dead last by a mile.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X