Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Again, I believe our offense is old and out of date. Either that or the coaching staff does not know how to implement all the sets that FHCGM used effectively. This seems obvious when players hit the portal and immediately produce more in a 'new system' on other teams.

Comment

• I began the season hopeful and encouraged by positive reports from a few well known "analysts" despite my own assessment of IB. I was expecting much more from Ricks, Abidde, Rojas, Pierre, and Okafor. Five games in and reality/disappointment has set. Not impressed. I keep hearing the excuse that Ricks and Abidde just don't understand the offense. WHAT OFFENSE? The other three don't either and they play. Next, I don't see how KP is going to be able to develop as a much needed post player if he isn't allowed to play low post. Our shooting guards are a combined 4-29 from deep.........that is way beyond pathetic. Our assists to turnover rate is equally pathetic and unless corrected is a recipe for more losses to teams we should be beating.

Comment

• Last year we had a near NBA guy, another guy who is now starring for a top 10 major conference team and a conference defensive player of the year and we suuuucked. How in the work would we expect this team to even be competitive?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            Last year we had a near NBA guy, another guy who is now starring for a top 10 major conference team and a conference defensive player of the year and we suuuucked. How in the work would we expect this team to even be competitive?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Last year we had a near NBA guy, another guy who is now starring for a top 10 major conference team and a conference defensive player of the year and we suuuucked. How in the work would we expect this team to even be competitive?
              IB's inability to retain RC and DD hurt and it would appear, outside of Walton, our so called outstanding recruiters have missed their mark

Comment

• Due to our financial situation brought on by DB extension given to IB we are stuck. It would take a large influx of money for our new AD to get us out of this mess. All at the same time revenues continue to drop. Our relevance as a good D1 program is diminished daily. Please stop the ongoing Mark Turgeon comments as we all need to remember he showed WSU no appreciation, respect or prior loyalty by the way he left the program taking committed WSU recruits with him. Don't hold it against him for making a move just the way he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by sck41903 View Post
                  Due to our financial situation brought on by DB extension given to IB we are stuck. It would take a large influx of money for our new AD to get us out of this mess. All at the same time revenues continue to drop. Our relevance as a good D1 program is diminished daily. Please stop the ongoing Mark Turgeon comments as we all need to remember he showed WSU no appreciation, respect or prior loyalty by the way he left the program taking committed WSU recruits with him. Don't hold it against him for making a move just the way he left.
                  He was younger and I’ve heard he now regrets his decision to leave. Im sure his take on WSU is much different now. I, for one, would be willing to forgive those “at this level” comments for a coach with a pulse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The AD has been the AD for a grand total of 2 MBB games ... He's already expressed this stance that what happened in the 1 loss under his direction was unacceptable. It's unfortunately a series of bad timing events dating back to the Marshall firing. Going to have to give ADKS some time here.

Also, all of the game day experience improvements came from direct feedback from the fanbase... So I disagree that "the fanbase" doesn't want any of that.

That said... Winning or at least the right effort is absolutely the biggest GameDay enhancement... The other stuff is important too and more in his control right now.
                    ​​​​​

​​​​​
                    Good point. I meant no disrespect to the new AD or his desire to improve the experience. I recognize that he is in a bad situation and did not intend to express dissatisfaction with his efforts. I am simply advocating for the one thing that would indicate the program's desire to improve... Finding the funds to replace the Head Coach sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Jim Schaus did more with less. Our new AD has his work cut out for him, but his starting point is higher than what JS had.

Comment

• Makes me sick to hear " we got back to mtxe basketball". Should have been there from day one!

Comment

Due to our financial situation brought on by DB extension given to IB we are stuck. It would take a large influx of money for our new AD to get us out of this mess. All at the same time revenues continue to drop. Our relevance as a good D1 program is diminished daily. Please stop the ongoing Mark Turgeon comments as we all need to remember he showed WSU no appreciation, respect or prior loyalty by the way he left the program taking committed WSU recruits with him. Don't hold it against him for making a move just the way he left.
                          This is a below average take. Whether you know or agree, Mark did everything possible to get the ONE recruit to stay with his commitment (who by the way bolted on Mark too eventually). You can hardly (EVER) blame a kid for wanting to follow the man that recruited him, as much as you may want to believe it's the school and not the coach. Because it's not even the coach, it's all and only about the player, whether you agree or not, whether you like it or not.

Comment

He was younger and I’ve heard he now regrets his decision to leave. Im sure his take on WSU is much different now. I, for one, would be willing to forgive those “at this level” comments for a coach with a pulse.
                            Thank you. I wish more people understood that the people we are today are not the same people that we were 15-20 years ago.
                            78-65

Comment

I would kill my brother-in-law for Mark Turgeon to be our head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

I would kill my brother-in-law for Mark Turgeon to be our head coach.
                                Is he a KU fan? Two birds...one stone.

Comment

Working...
                                X